Having a problem with the site? POST HERE!

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
This thread is for site issues and technical problems. While you can certainly create a new thread for an issue, if you post here, it is more likely to get reviewed in a timely manner.

All images checked as both Screenshot and Thumbnail in the File Archive are displaying only as thumbnail, not screenshot. Something changed recently because it was working properly roughly a week ago.

Upvote 0
I am having an issue on getting the lockups for the brigade logo to be able to be enlarged so I can print them for a templet for painting my husbands armor.

Upvote 0
All images checked as both Screenshot and Thumbnail in the File Archive are displaying only as thumbnail, not screenshot. Something changed recently because it was working properly roughly a week ago.

Are any admins around? Will I need to upload separate files for the thumbnails (i.e. not use the same image for both a screenshot and a thumbnail)?

Upvote 0
RobotChicken I know that when I posted my pictures to the site they show as thumbnails, but when you click on them they come out as bigger.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
RobotChicken I know that when I posted my pictures to the site they show as thumbnails, but when you click on them they come out as bigger.

Yes, that's how a "Screenshot" is supposed to work. But the problem I stated is different. When an image is uploaded as both a "Screenshot" and "Thumbnail" (which is not the same as the thumbnail of a Screenshot), the image is being displayed only as a "Thumbnail" and not as a "Screenshot". (Those are two separate options for images attached to an Archive post. This issue has nothing to do with Screenshot images displaying a clickable thumbnail preview in the post.) As I mentioned, this bug did not exist prior to about two weeks ago, and I haven't seen any admin activity on this site in several weeks. Since images also cannot be updated in existing File Archive posts, it's looking like I'll need to delete all my posts and re-create them with dedicated Thumbnail images in order to work around this software glitch.

Upvote 0
RobotChicken I am sorry about the issue. I have passed it on up the chain from my end. I do hope that something can be done about it soon for you.

Upvote 0
RobotChicken I am sorry about the issue. I have passed it on up the chain from my end. I do hope that something can be done about it soon for you.

Thanks. Without any ETA on the return of admin activity to this site, I went ahead and deleted all my File Archive uploads and recreated them with separate dedicated images for Thumbnails. The site loses all the download and Like information for the files and there are now redundant images stored on the server, but at least now my uploads look like they should.

Upvote 0
Go to the File Archive area of the site, navigate to the appropriate category for your file, and then click on the Upload File button at the upper-left of the file listing.

Upvote 0
What's going on with the File Archive? Several of my posts are reporting Last Updated # Hours Ago, but I did not update them. In fact, I was not even awake when some of them were "updated". What updates are occurring and who's doing them?

Upvote 0
That is odd. rundown usually manages the downloads area but he doesn't appear to have been on in the time period, nor was I. Not sure what to say. Did you see any actual changes?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That is odd. rundown usually manages the downloads area but he doesn't appear to have been on in the time period, nor was I. Not sure what to say. Did you see any actual changes?

No, visually everything seems to be intact - just the Last Updated information looks to be changed and I haven't touched it. I did update the description of one post and that's when I noticed several other posts having been updated....while I was sleeping - and I don't believe I was "sleep updating". :sleep

Upvote 0
What's going on with the File Archive? Several of my posts are reporting Last Updated # Hours Ago, but I did not update them. In fact, I was not even awake when some of them were "updated". What updates are occurring and who's doing them?

I've seen that with some of my own uploaded files. I don't think it's anything to worry about, but thanks for the heads up.

Upvote 0
Well, it causes people to wonder if the Pepakura files have been modified and their downloaded versions outdated.

True, but since they haven't, and it's nothing more than a dating glitch, you can rest assured that your files are safe. Relax.

EDIT: I have a suspicion that the archive is reading and displaying the date and time the file was last accessed, as opposed to last edited. Perhaps that may go some way to easing your concerns, but I'll assure you again: nobody's messing with the files, everything is fine. My own OBJ File Archives are showing errors such as being updated 21 hours ago, even though I haven't updated certain archives since August.

Upvote 0

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back