Anyone have dxf files of weapons?

Status
Not open for further replies.

swampbilly

Hey ive been scouring the forums and web for some solid works parts and dxfs for weapons whilst trying to learn solid works at the same time. I have a hobby cnc and im trying to make some stuff lol. Im used to writing my own gcode but this is more intricate. Any help or guidance is great!

I don't happen to have any .dxf files for weapons, but I do know that pepakura gives you the option to export as a dxf. So if you find a pep file you like, you can export it as a dxf.

I don't happen to have any .dxf files for weapons, but I do know that pepakura gives you the option to export as a dxf. So if you find a pep file you like, you can export it as a dxf.

True.....only if the author allows you to do so. I have one that I like but the author made it viewer only not designer. I regret not staying inmy highschool course learning Rhino. :( I WAS however able to export a .obj file from pep designer but SW wont make a dxf out of Iit. Probably cause im ignorant to its uses. And designer does allow dxk but only the unfolded 2d parts. Idk. Im youtubing tutorials like crazy I need to catch up! Lol

There's a plugin for Blender to export items as a DXF file - you can find it HERE.

Naturally, your first concern should be with gaining the permission to work with these files at all, though I do believe that game-ripped models might suit your needs quite nicely if you clean them up first.

There's a plugin for Blender to export items as a DXF file - you can find it HERE.

Naturally, your first concern should be with gaining the permission to work with these files at all, though I do believe that game-ripped models might suit your needs quite nicely if you clean them up first.
I keep hearing about the "game ripped models" or "source files". Where are they? I looked in the database but all I see is pep. This has changed so much over the years. Whenever we needed that stuff we would go to the halo wiki lmao.

I keep hearing about the "game ripped models" or "source files". Where are they? I looked in the database but all I see is pep. This has changed so much over the years. Whenever we needed that stuff we would go to the halo wiki lmao.

They're mostly in the 3D Modelling section. The Halo 4 stuff in particular has its own release thread in the 3D Modelling section - I'd know, I was the one who released and uploaded the files. The Halo Reach stuff is likely in the Sticky section by now, and there's no full Halo 3 Assets thread yet.

Come to think of it, I should change that.

Either way: the assets exist, if you're willing to tickle below the surface and do a little bit of hunting. Without meaning to sound disrespectful, the files aren't too hard to find if you have a little patience and time - I'm hoping that, within the next week or so, I'll have a full Sticky or a dedicated Files section for assets.

They're mostly in the 3D Modelling section. The Halo 4 stuff in particular has its own release thread in the 3D Modelling section - I'd know, I was the one who released and uploaded the files. The Halo Reach stuff is likely in the Sticky section by now, and there's no full Halo 3 Assets thread yet.

Come to think of it, I should change that.

Either way: the assets exist, if you're willing to tickle below the surface and do a little bit of hunting. Without meaning to sound disrespectful, the files aren't too hard to find if you have a little patience and time - I'm hoping that, within the next week or so, I'll have a full Sticky or a dedicated Files section for assets.

No disrespect taken. As an almost ancient member of this forum I know how frustrating it is to see people ask questions that are already answered in the stickies. And they usually started with "dont yell at me I looked everywhere" which usually means "I breezed through and im lazy" lol no offense to anyone. But yes ive read alot and searched alot and researched alot. And most of this new stuff confuses me lmao. I will look for said files and continue my knowledge gain which inevitably will end in rampancy. Lol. My problem over the years is that all the machine work ive done has been micrometers ratios and math to make things and now I have to get with the times and allow computers to pick up some of that sometimes harder work instead of me doing it. Thanks Arcanine. You've always been a great help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back