Elusch99's Destiny Models

Status
Not open for further replies.

elusch99

Hello 405th! Now that I can get back on the site, I have been working on some Destiny models for you all, and also for me. Currently I have four Hunter models ready for use.

This is my first attempt at modeling anything with Blender, so any comments, criticisms, and suggestions are welcome.

Shoulder from E3 reveal:

DOWNLOAD

This one is foam friendly.
Possible Shoulder and Hand.jpg

Chest Plate (Front)

DOWNLOAD

This one is apparently not in the beta, but it is in a lot of bungie's WIP photos.
Chest&Shoulders&Colors&Attachments.jpg

Knee from above Hunter

DOWNLOAD

Hunter Helmet

DOWNLOAD

Pretty generic Hunter Helmet. This one is not foam friendly. Credit to Rundown for the original file, which I tweaked heavily and added a back to. *UPDATE* Do not use the back from this file. The front is fine, but the back is not. Instead, use the next file down.
REALLY HELMETTY.JPG

Hunter Helmet Back

DOWNLOAD

Updated to be more game-accurate and to actually work.

Ghost

DOWNLOAD

Modeled by Demogorgon, unfolded by me. Don't use this core, it's too high poly. I do, however, have a...

Ghost Core

DOWNLOAD

Modeled and unfolded by me.

Backplate

DOWNLOAD

Just a quick back plate for the Hunter, since it will be covered (in general) by the cloak.

Hunter Knife

DOWNLOAD

This one is a sliced weapon, meant to be made from cardboard or wood or whatever else people use. The edges that are in grey are a little wrong. I'm still a self-admitted noob in blender, so it glitched a little. Any questions about how it's supposed to be, just ask.

hunter_knife_desktop.jpg

Hunter Accessory Boxes For Belt

DOWNLOAD

Just what the title says.

Achlyophage Symbiote

DOWNLOAD

Exotic Hunter Helmet, minus the volcanic ash stuff. Also a base for Knucklehead Radar and many other helmets.

achlyophage_symbiote.jpg

RELIC: The Aegis

DOWNLOAD

This is the relic that appears in the Vault of Glass, it's not the most accurate model ever but it's pretty good. Meant for cardboard or matboard, not for pep.

Relic-the-aegis-image.png

Light Beyond Nemesis-Pep Version

DOWNLOAD

This is the Exotic Warlock helmet, modeled by Crimmson. It is made for pep, but every page except the first will need to be flipped and reprinted, because I only unfolded one side. That's because the 'wings' on the side make it hard to see some of the parts, and made it hard to see what I was unfolding.

Cowl of the Hezen Lords-Foam Version

DOWNLOAD

This is another Exotic Warlock helmet, modeled by Crimmson. Made for foam.

Light-beyond-nemesis.png

DESTINY TITAN

Important Note: All of the Destiny Titan unfolds (Excluding Helmets) are for FOAM ONLY. There may be pieces that are not unfolded because they are not needed for foam builds, considering the depth of the foam.

All of the below files are modeled primarily by Crimmson. I just did some cleanup and the unfold.

Destiny_Character_Art_Titan.jpg

Exotic Helmet

Download

Normal Helmet

Download

These ones are meant for pep, but it shouldn't be too hard to make them for foam.

Chest

Download

Belt

Download

Thigh

Download

Knee

Download

Shin

Download

Left Bicep

Download

Right Bicep

Download

Forearm

Download

DESTINY HUNTER VOG / GHOST ANGEL

VoG Shin

DOWNLOAD

Ghost Angel Upper Legs and Knees

DOWLOAD

Ghost Angel Chest

DOWNLOAD

Also, if anyone has some Destiny stuff they want modeled, I might be able to do that too. Just let me know.

All files modeled and unfolded by me, unless otherwise noted. Credit to Bungie for all in-game models, ideas, and concepts for characters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, i am new here, sorta.... (been 2 years) but i love destiny, and i don't have enough money to buy myself the "Ghost Edition" but i really would like to get a model of the ghost to make. This is something small i can make to help me learn the techniques in making models. Also if someone wants to take on the task, i think it would be great to make the sphere and the pyramids separate enough to magnatize and look like it has movement, the sphere being 2 halves would also let the back spin like it does in the game too. These are just some ideas but it still would be cool to even have a basic model if someone wouldn't mind taking it up, my 3d modeling skills are terrible, though if you want an overall outer dementions i can get those for you (or atleast real close).

Thanks for all the parts you made and put up for us, it is really cool, same to rundown too! I will be back for more files too =)

Hey Ookami. If it's just a basic model why not give it a go? Nothing teaches like actually doing something. My suggestion would be to download a copy of blender. There's a free version at http://www.blender.org/ then run through the free tutorials on the same site. In the support section.
Once you are up to speed with the basics there are folk on here who can help with the detials, but it's always better to have an understanding of the basics before asking someone to donate their time to teach you.

Good Luck!

well, i do not have the designer software, if i try to make it in something like blender you think you can convert it to a pep file? I'll try it!

In blender, you can export it as a .obj file, which pepakura accepts. By the way, I've just gotten Crimmson's unfinished Titan model, so I'll be working on that.

Hey, me again! this is my first time using blender and i haven't a clue what i am doing, i have this done so far, and had to start over so many times so sorry it isn't very good. If you have any pointers i would be glad to hear them. this is 2 files the sphere and the triangular shell.ghost partial.gif

Actually that looks really good for a first attempt. I think it looks great, but I can't really tell from the pic.

Hey Guardians!

Destiny Warlock helmet link should be in my signature line below. It's attached at the tail end of Jico's youtube thread and listed early on in the 405th thread. Thought I would include it as Elusch 99 has started a pretty sweet collection here. The file is pretty easy to modify, at least the back of the helmet, which is good since there seems to be no end to customization in thisgame.

Destiny is blowing me away so far and I'm so happy to see Bungie doing this right.

Do you have any other files for the hunter yet

Glad you asked, I do. Will update the first post with them shortly.

Also, a warning. I just recently got the chance to put together my helmet file, and I discovered that the back of the helmet is not really that good. I also updated it to be more game accurate. Use the faceplate from the first file and the back of the helmet from the one I will upload.

I am also working on a Titan Unfold from Crimmson, will post when I'm done.

Noice!
Hey elusch99,
Wondering if you'd be groovy with me modifying your Ghost model to print myself one that I could light up with EL sheeting?
Nothing commercial or shared, just for my desk so BlackBox has a friend.

With the Hunter helmet files, half of the pieces are miles away from what's being printed, which is getting confusing for me when I'm scaling it, and it will be for me when I'm putting it together. Why is it that half of the pep is not set up? It just confuses me.
-goboy3133

Oh, yep. Sorry about that, the way I build my helmets I only use half the pieces. Just print what's there, use the button called mirror invertion under the others menu.

For the knife, would you simply just make it out of solid cardboard and then fiberglass it? I'm not sure how you'd do it with a pep.

Yep, that's how the knife was intended to be made. I would actually go with bondo instead of fiberglass, though, because the knife is surprisingly sturdy with just cardboard, you only need to fill in the slant of the blade with bondo.

For the knife, would you simply just make it out of solid cardboard and then fiberglass it? I'm not sure how you'd do it with a pep.

A fairly popular method for pep prop building is to build it like any other pep project, resin the outside, carefully drill a small hole and pour rondo (a mixture of bondo and resin) to reinforce the inside, followed by a bit of bondo work on the outside to make sure it's nice and smooth. For larger props, some people use expanding foam to fill in the hollow (again, something to be careful with as it can warp/burst the piece). For smaller props like knives, it's fairly common after the reinforcing stage to create a mold and make a solid cast to use with the costume. That way you have something more solid and durable, and if something does happen to it, you have the mold to make a replacement.

A fairly popular method for pep prop building is to build it like any other pep project, resin the outside, carefully drill a small hole and pour rondo (a mixture of bondo and resin) to reinforce the inside, followed by a bit of bondo work on the outside to make sure it's nice and smooth. For larger props, some people use expanding foam to fill in the hollow (again, something to be careful with as it can warp/burst the piece). For smaller props like knives, it's fairly common after the reinforcing stage to create a mold and make a solid cast to use with the costume. That way you have something more solid and durable, and if something does happen to it, you have the mold to make a replacement.

The thing is, the file is a sliced file, meant to be built from slices of cardboard, not pep at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back