PAX East 2015 - Lets get the ball rolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AI Blue Fox

*Updated*
pax-east2.jpg

The 2015 PAX East Panel Is a go!

On saturday, the 405th will have a meetup for us to show off and talk about our armor together. We will have members from both the colonial regiment as well as peeps traveling from the Midwest regiment showing up.

On Sunday, 10:00 am, in the bobcat theater, Myself, and 3 other 405th members will be putting on a panel in which we will be talking about the 405th, how we do what we do, and our experiences.

Panel Info:
Name: The 405th Presents:The Essentials of Armor, Cosplay and more

Desc.: Ever wanted a sweet set of halo armor? Envious of that awesome Commander Shepard cosplay you saw that one time? Dreamed of owning noobs with your own gravity hammer? Members of the 405th Halo Costuming Division are here to show you the basics of Armor and prop building. Exhibiting pieces built by members, explaining the process, as well as sharing personal experiences related to cosplay being just some of the show to come! All ages welcome!

This thread can also serve as a list of those who plan on attending the convention, and maybe a place where people can discuss group meetings, photo ops, and travel planning. If anyone has any questions on anything mentioned, or perhaps just want some tips on getting to and being in the convention, just let me know either in a PM or comment on the thread.

medsq_fb_10172818_10201726783883557_3067323639437883855_n.jpg

pax-east2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be glad to lend a hand. My only porblem is I can never get a ticket when they go in sale.

I may be able to help you with that. Although this year its going to be tricky because they aren't anouncing when they go on sale this time, for cases like yours. If you do decide to come and we can't get you a ticket I would'nt mind helping a little toward getting you one through a trusted third party.

I'm horrible talking to people in public, but if there is anyway I can help with the panel, let me know. Also, I feel like it's ridiculously hard to get a pass for the past 2 or 3 years, it sells out so fast. Is it still going to be in Boston?

Yeah its going to be in Boston around the beginning of march. And like you said its been really hard to get passes (because its probably THE biggest convention on the east coast) but I have a few tricks that lets me snatch them in time. and even if you don't want to talk or anything, any completed pieces we can use for display will be great too. perhaps someone to stand in full armor demonstrating movement and such would be cool too. I don't mind talking to the crowd as a while ago I came to the realization that people are just people and the reason they are at the panel is because they WANT to hear you speak. there is so much to do at PAX that people don't just go to panels unless they are really interested.

Fox, if you have a way to get them in time, I would not have an issue paypaling you money to grab me one in time. But yes me and my friends have had the idea of doing a small panel at a con, just on the basics of armor building for cosplay(not nesscerily 405th specific) but to make it all about the 405th would be better in my eyes. I'd also be willing to help by bringing some pieces that are finished, as well as in process to help give better understanding. Also some foam weapons I've been making too.

That would be greatly appreciated, sniper. I wanna give this htread another month or two before actually submitting the panel request. If you have a friends or two who have similar experience they are welcome to join. I'll get back to you about the tickets.

Yeah! Looks like checking twitter every morning is gonna have to do. Also reading one of your previous posts, sniper, I do intend to throw in some time for us to talk about cosplay overall and not just the 405th. I want it to be kinda like a tips and tricks panel as well as a 405th panel.

For the name I was thinking something like\

The 405th Present: Cosplay tips and tricks and getting started

That's got a nice little ring to it . Now we just have to try and get passes XD

I can probably come to the panel to help out. Are we going to be suited up?

EDIT: I just read someones post saying its in Boston. That may be farther than my parents are willing to drive :p

I can probably come to the panel to help out. Are we going to be suited up?

EDIT: I just read someones post saying its in Boston. That may be farther than my parents are willing to drive :p

Yeah Pax East is in the heart of Boston, it's a great Convention, however it's hard to get passes as they sell out INSTANTLY. I mean they sold out last time in less than 20 mins. Also the other thing is Boston is pricy for a hotel stay for the weekend -.-.
HOWEVER, it makes up for it in the night life during a con. XD

I've been to the last 3 Pax East events. I plan on going to this one as well and I would hope to have a suit finished by then. I don't know about talking during a panel but I would definitely be there to support you guys.

Yeah, as mentioned previously just having some pieces to display would be nice. I was also thinking of having the panel members walk in to the ost blasting in full armor, to get people invested and pumped.

Also, this will be #5 for me ;)

I know that there's possibly a group of us from the Midwest unit coming, don't know how many at this point thought.

Sounds like something I would love to do, if A) I actually had anything completed and B) I actually had the means to get there, in terms of both finances and transportation. I'm also not entirely sure where I'll be by then. Might still be in NY, might be in WI, might be in TX. All I know is I have never been to a convention. Ever. So just the thought of attending one would be awesome. Actually being a part of a panel, "accessory" to a booth, or even just walking around repping the "brand" in one way or another (full gear or just having a 405th t-shirt or something), that would be even better.

One of these days...

Sounds like something I would love to do, if A) I actually had anything completed and B) I actually had the means to get there, in terms of both finances and transportation. I'm also not entirely sure where I'll be by then. Might still be in NY, might be in WI, might be in TX. All I know is I have never been to a convention. Ever. So just the thought of attending one would be awesome. Actually being a part of a panel, "accessory" to a booth, or even just walking around repping the "brand" in one way or another (full gear or just having a 405th t-shirt or something), that would be even better.

One of these days...

Man, it sounds like I'm in the same boat as you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back