TMC's HD Mk. VI Build - W.I.P.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMC

Hello fellow Spartans!
Everything you will ever want in life is on the other side of a challenge.

This marks the beginning of a long journey, fought mainly with an exacto knife and a patience of steel. I am determined to bring to life a Mk. VI Spartan with such detail and splendor that the chief himself will be jealous. I plan on using this thread as a sort of diary of progression. My goal is to regularly update this page with photos and my thoughts. First off, here's my setup:

GOAL: KEEP IT CLEAN!!!
I've tried this build before and it has always ended up a huge mess. Hopefully I can control it this time. Here are some pictures of my pepping station.
Wiarqio.jpg
dlhDbqu.jpg

I hope to keep this area generally clean, just for my eyes sake.

First up, the handplate! (Because it's the smallest, theoretically easiest piece)
v76gr24.png
I've included my scaling information, but you should not use this as a guide for your own body! For some context, I am 5 foot 10, 160 pounds.
I'll post again once I've made some progress.

Shoutout to Longshot-X for inspiring this build! If you don't know who I'm talking about, checkout Longshot-x.com!

IMG_4214[1].JPG

IMG_4216[1].JPG

Screenshot (2).png

Wiarqio.jpg

dlhDbqu.jpg

v76gr24.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Small update:
I am working on getting a Silhouette CAMEO to make cutting pieces much quicker. I'll run by my hobby store to pick one up soon.

Attachments

• IMG_4221[1].JPG
    IMG_4221[1].JPG
    881 KB · Views: 266
Sorry, it has been a while! I've been very busy setting up my Silhouette Cameo, but it is finally working at full steam as of right now! It took hours of tweaking and a couple sheets of cardstock to figure out how to use the thing properly, but I can now see massive progress within the next couple of days. Stay tuned.

I just got access to a cameo too. I have mine and my husbands suits to cut out, so having a paper cutting machine will be amazing. I am waiting on RobotChicken's tutorial video, as he has found a method that allows you to output directly from file to Cameo, no intermediate printing required. If you follow his build thread you can see how his cameo testing and work has gone (look to the later pages, like 8 and on). Link: RobotChicken's Halo 3 Mk VI Master Chief Ultra Detail First Build WIP

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, here's an update:
I have cut the Right Handplate, Left Handplate, and Helmet.
Inpo2B8.jpg

It's not really possible to tell from this picture, but the cuts are about 99% accurate, with some minor errors by the CAMEO. If you look at the picture below, you will see that I have arranged the pieces away from the right third of the paper. But WHY? Because I noticed the CAMEO is unacceptably inaccurate on the far right side. I don't know why. But, after I printed out the sheets like that, with an aversion from the right side, the cuts were much cleaner.

Here's my helmet scaling information:
kMxi9U6.png

I've actually already made a Mk. VI helmet for the H4 release, but it was rushed. I already knew the measurements I used for that piece, so I actually printed the new one out a bit smaller. I don't know if it's just me, but sometimes I see Mk. VI builds that have disproportionate sized helmets, and I want to avoid that look. My old helmet was low definition, and it was rushed/sloppy/underfunded.

Tomorrow I want to pep out the two handplates. Off to bed, cheers!

Attachments

• Inpo2B8.jpg
    Inpo2B8.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 210
  • kMxi9U6.png
    kMxi9U6.png
    288.9 KB · Views: 229
Finished Right Hand Plate!
qtnrosj.jpg
It took too long, because I was reprinting pieces when I messed them up. No detail shall be sacrificed!
I've got to print out and cut the rest of my suit soon so that I can return this cameo!

Attachments

• qtnrosj.jpg
    qtnrosj.jpg
    360.5 KB · Views: 229
Very clean pepping, looks great! I've always thought that the handplates were relatively hard to piece together due to the indented circular pieces, but it's probably just my clumsiness and chunky hands, lol.

Very clean pepping, looks great! I've always thought that the handplates were relatively hard to piece together due to the indented circular pieces, but it's probably just my clumsiness and chunky hands, lol.

I find the depressed middle section to be very difficult. I had to reprint about half the pieces because I wasn't satisfied with my pre-pep work. What I mean by that is I fold all the pieces and glue any segments together that happen to lie on the same piece, and then I attach it. The middle section was pretty darn hard to do, but I'm satisfied with how it turned out. I'll be working on the other hand plate, and then the helmet next!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back