Ripped 3d reach models, need unfolders

Status
Not open for further replies.

rundown

Sr Member
hey, While searching through the internet for pepakura files to ad to the new file archive I found the ripped 3d models from reach.
I'll be editing all of the files and exporting them to pepakura. However I need your help to unfold these files, here is what we currently have, more helmets and armor will soon be added.

file-archive.php
Commando
http://www.405th.com/file-archive.php?do=file&fileid=960

file-archive.php
Mark V (B)
http://www.405th.com/file-archive.php?do=file&fileid=954

file-archive.php
Mark VI
http://www.405th.com/file-archive.php?do=file&fileid=952

file-archive.php
Mark V
http://www.405th.com/file-archive.php?do=file&fileid=958

file-archive.php
Recon
http://www.405th.com/file-archive.php?do=file&fileid=956

Untitled-3_zpscb5115e3.jpg

Attachments

• Untitled-3_zpscb5115e3.jpg
    Untitled-3_zpscb5115e3.jpg
    297.2 KB · Views: 3,262
Ahem.

If you're after the 3D files I'll have them all in the Archive as soon as I can. After that I presume you can work on them as you wish.

Yeah, your post says "awaiting work" for the Halo Reach models.
Heaven forbid someone else upload them since you aren't the only one that has the extracted Reach models.

Or are we expected to wait like Paige made us wait?

Yeah, your post says "awaiting work" for the Halo Reach models.
Heaven forbid someone else upload them since you aren't the only one that has the extracted Reach models.

I have the assets extracted and mostly-sorted. The only reason people are 'waiting' at all is due to me being exhausted with the sheer amount of work involved in extracting, naming, sorting, ensuring compatibility with their respective bases (I'm aware that some of you are using the Halo 4 assets to 'build your own Spartan, which requires all origin points to be identical) and uploading these files, and wanting to take a break in-between batches. Getting the Halo 4 assets online for people took an awful lot of time and effort spread over a few days - this is without taking into consideration the fact that I have volunteered to make assets from the other titles in the series available for modellers to use.

I'm certainly not holding files back to hog the glory - I simply ask that people don't start throwing files up ahead of me, and make the effort I've put in this venture be for nothing. Aside from that fact, if everybody and their dog started uploading asset files things would very quickly become unclear as to what's uploaded and what isn't - far better to have one person stay on top of the project who knows what's uploaded and what isn't, so that there are no duplicates or mis-named files causing confusion. Let me finish the job, and please have a measure of patience while I get the work done. I have absolutely no intention of emulating past issues you might have had with other people.

Regardless of that: yes, I'm aware you may still be smarting after the discussion we had via PM. I'm going to ask you now to keep whatever resentment and bad attitude you have towards me off the forum public. We don't have to like each other to be a part of the community, but I'm fairly sure you can act with a level of maturity that doesn't involve barbs and insults. Ignore me or send me a complaint via PM, but please - let's not drag somebody else's thread through the mud.

I have the assets extracted and mostly-sorted. The only reason people are 'waiting' at all is due to me being exhausted with the sheer amount of work involved in extracting, naming, sorting, ensuring compatibility with their respective bases (I'm aware that some of you are using the Halo 4 assets to 'build your own Spartan, which requires all origin points to be identical) and uploading these files, and wanting to take a break in-between batches. Getting the Halo 4 assets online for people took an awful lot of time and effort spread over a few days - this is without taking into consideration the fact that I have volunteered to make assets from the other titles in the series available for modellers to use.

I'm certainly not holding files back to hog the glory - I simply ask that people don't start throwing files up ahead of me, and make the effort I've put in this venture be for nothing. Aside from that fact, if everybody and their dog started uploading asset files things would very quickly become unclear as to what's uploaded and what isn't - far better to have one person stay on top of the project who knows what's uploaded and what isn't, so that there are no duplicates or mis-named files causing confusion. Let me finish the job, and please have a measure of patience while I get the work done. I have absolutely no intention of emulating past issues you might have had with other people.

Regardless of that: yes, I'm aware you may still be smarting after the discussion we had via PM. I'm going to ask you now to keep whatever resentment and bad attitude you have towards me off the forum public. We don't have to like each other to be a part of the community, but I'm fairly sure you can act with a level of maturity that doesn't involve barbs and insults. Ignore me or send me a complaint via PM, but please - let's not drag somebody else's thread through the mud.

I'm sure we could work together right? I sended you a pm.

Also, I'm not giving the raw 3d data, I'm making them pep ready. It wasn't my intention to fill the obj file section.

I've begun working on the recon helmet and should have it done soon. There are a few non-connected face on the model:
*the piece that is center on the helmet's forehead (None of the pieces on the forehead piece are connected to one another either.)
*the elongated hexagon plates on the helmet's jaw

I'm gonna finish the model regardless though.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
update:

I've begun on the Mark V helmet as well.

As I was unfolding the Commando, I found that the part above the chin (the white part) actually goes further up into the face. Like when you smile you have gum further up behind your lips that you can't see. For the moment I stopped with my unfold, but if you're fine with that, I'll keep going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back