[Gaming] The 405th's Destiny Clan (Caution: Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WandererTJ

Hey everyone!
Are you playing Destiny? You should be, it was made by Bungie, the creators of Halo, so its almost basically a part of us already.

There are many things to do in Destiny, but most of them are a lot more fun when you have a group to play with; and as an added bonus, there are achievements for doing just that! So I have taken it upon myself to get a 405th Clan going. There were already a few clans with "The 405th" in the name, but we needed something new/fresh/relevant that we would know more as the semi-Official 405th Clan.

The name of the clan is:
"The 405th Halo Costumers"
and there is a link to it here:

NOTE: There are 2 levels of membership within Bungie's Groups/Clans system.
The 1st level of membership is being a Group member.
In order to become a group member, all you have to do is join the group using the link above.
Please keep in mind, that joining the group does NOT make you a part of the clan.
Although it shows "Request to Join", I actually currently have it set up so that all requests are Automatically Accepted.​
The 2nd level of membership is being a part of the Clan.
Once you are a Group member, you can become part of a clan.
While you can be in as many groups as you would like, you can only be on 1 Clan at a time.
In order to join a Clan: On the Group's page, you need to specify whether or not you are going to be involved with the Xbox Clan or the Playstation Clan.
Once you have specified which clan you intend on being involved with, it should take about an hour before the changes show up in-game.​

Moving on, I think it is important to be able to recognize who we are talking to in-game in case there isn't an obvious relationship between someone's 405th Username and their Gamertag/PSN. Since I think it is important, I've done what I can to comprise a list of our members below.

If you are not in the list, or if the information I have for you is incorrect, or if there are details I'm missing for you, please mention what they are below.
I will do what I can to try and keep the list updated.
When you post in this thread, please share:
1) Your 405th Username,
2) Your Xbox Gamertag / Playstation PSN (and please specify if it is a GT or a PSN),
3) What console(s) you will be playing on, and
4) If you have a specific Username in regards to Bungie's website/forum, please let me know what it is.
NOTE: #4 is especially important because I would prefer to keep the clan open and easily joinable for all 405th members; if I see a name that I don't recognize, you might get removed. Plus it helps to know who we are talking to.​

When sending a friend request to anyone in the list, you should make sure to also send them a message letting them know that you are a 405th member and/or include on your Xbox Live profile, in your Bio, that you are a member of the 405th. While some of us may have a fairly empty friends list, please keep in mind that others (such as myself) may have a very full friends list.

This is the list of 405th Members, their Console-Names, and what console they will be playing Destiny on:
Xbox 360:
WandererTJ - - - - - GT: Wanderer128 (360)
Zaff - - - - - - - - - - - GT: Zaffy2005 (360)
SniperWolf - - - - - -GT: Rockcrushin (360)
ColFork85 - - - - - - -GT: ColFork (360)
Crimmson - - - - - - GT: Crimms0n (360)
Kor - - - - - - - - - - - -GT: FlatlinedGamer (360)
The Chief Master - GT: Vengeance Beard (360)
Macattack64 - - - - -GT: Macattack64 (360) - - - HDK Mac (Bungie Profile)
Alecgates15 - - - - - GT: Alecgates15 (360)
Kyre - - - - - - - - - - - GT: tekman24 (360) - - - RIPTEKMAN007 (Bungie Profile)

Xbox One:
Demogorgon - - - - GT: Wolfgangthor (One)
Zero Prime - - - - - -GT: xZero Primex (One, 360 at a later date)
Connor Xfor - - - - -GT: Connor Xfor (One and 360)
Frozesnot - - - - - - -GT: Frozesnot (One)
Fireryne - - - - - - - - GT: fireryne8389 (One)
DaSlacker - - - - - - -GT: DaSlacker42 (One)
mkshane81 - - - - - GT: mkshane81 (One)
Rhinoc - - - - - - - - - GT: xXRhinocXx (One) - - - Cobb6 (Bungie Profile)
danielix-96 - - - - - -GT: danielix 96 (One)
Remraf - - - - - - - - -GT: Remraf27 (One)
cha0skn1ght - - - - -GT: cha0s kn1ght (One) - - - cha0s kn1ght 88 (Bungie Profile)
cha0spr1nces5 - - -GT: cha0s pr1nces5 (One) - - - Pr1nc3s5Aka5hka (Bungie Profile)
RYNO_666 - - - - - - GT: RYNOX666 (One) - - - RYNOX666 (Bungie Profile)
Ghost Bear 027 - - -GT: GHOST BEAR 027 (One) - - - Troy D Gordon (Bungie Profile)
Soule - - - - - - - - - - -GT: S0ule (One)

Playstation 3/4:
lamia - - - - - - - - - - PSN: Togasa (PS4) - - - Barbarossa (Bungie Profile)
AWACS-89 - - - - - - PSN: awacs89 (PS4)
Termhn - - - - - - - - PSN: Termhn (PS3) - - - Fusha (Bungie Profile)
Jason-078 - - - - - - -PSN: Flagwaver-078 (PS3) - - - Flagwaver078 (Bungie Profile)

Unspecified: Go read the instructions I posted above.
?????? - - - - - - - - - - - PSN: nuIIexe (PS4) - - - Grayswandir (Bungie Profile)
?????? - - - - - - - - - - - PSN: Mushroomy987 (PS4) - - - Codak (Bungie Profile)

Please refer to my 2nd post in this thread (Post #4) for Bungie/Destiny goodies.
I will be updating that post as new information, unlockables, etc... is added about Destiny.​

Happy gaming 405th-ers!
Feel free to post in here about getting together for gaming sessions, they don't necessarily have to be Destiny related.
Upcoming game info and news is also welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, I will be using my 2nd post in this thread for updates in terms of sharing all the little bits of awesomeness that Bungie has supplied for us in regards to Destiny. They have done quite a bit, so I encourage those of you who really want to delve into the Destiny universe to check these things out to make the most out of your experience.

Destiny Interactive Planet View, powered by Google Maps: http://www.destinyplanetview.com
The interactive map includes lots of tidbits of information relating to locations, enemies, etc.... on the Moon, Mars, and on Venus.
Once you have clicked on the little popups, their icons should turn grey (or into the blue Google "g" icon), indicating that they have been viewed.
After viewing all of them (or by entering a code), you will unlock an Exclusive In-Game Icon you can use.
NOTE: It is possible to navigate away from the dashed path on the map into certain areas.

While I could list just about every video for Destiny in this thread, the Interactive Map features just about all of the official videos, by Bungie, that were created prior to the game's release. That being said, there is still one that I just have to share....

Live Action Trailer:
What in the what???? This is too much awesome to not get listed.
Okay 405th-ers, that's a Live-Action trailer. Start taking notes on the armor and the weapons and the awesomeness.
Dear Bungie, I know you won't get the chance to read this, but why has that not been a commercial on TV??????? You would have sold more copies!

Bungie.net Code Redemption Rewards (Full List):
These can all be entered here: http://www.bungie.net/en/User/coderedemption
Grimoire Cards:
#1: Warlock: YKA-RJG-MH9
#2: Hunter: 3DA-P4X-F6A
#3: Titan: MVD-4N3-NKH
#4: Rixis: TCN-HCD-TGY
#5: Old-Russia: HDX-ALM-V4K
#6: Hive: 473-MXR-3X9
#7: Moon: JMR-LFN-4A3
#8: Gjallorhorn: HC3-H44-DKC
#9: Duke MK.44: 69P-KRM-JJA
#10: The Tower: 69P-VCH-337
#11: The Hive: Ogre 69R-CKD-X7L
#12: Valley of the kings, Mars: 69R-DDD-FCP (Added on 10/31)
#13: The Fallen: 69R-F99-AXG (Added on 10/31)
#14: Red Death: 69R-VL7-J6A (Added on 10/31)
#15: The Cabal: 69X-DJN-74V (Added on 11/10)
#16: The Devastated Coast, Venus: 6A7-7NP-3X7 (Added on 11/10)
#17: Vex Minotaur: 6A9-DTG-YGN (Added on 11/10)​

In Game Emblems (Pick up your Emblem at the Special Orders Vendor in the Tower):
#1: The Sign of the Finite: 7F9-767-F74 (This is the Code Associated with viewing everything on the Planetary Map)
#2: Binding Focus: FJ9-LAM-67F
#3: Ab Aeterno: JDT-NLC-JKM
#4: Field of Light: JNX-DMH-XLA
#5: Lone Focus, Jagged Edge: 7CP-94V-LFP
#6: Illusion of Light: JD7-4CM-HJG
#7: Flames of Forgotten Truth: A7L-FYC-44X
#8: The Unimagined Plane: X9F-GMA-H6D
#9: The Reflective Proof: N3L-XN6-PXF
#10: Note of Conquest: X4C-FGX-MX3​

In Game Shaders (Pick up your Shader at the Special Orders Vendor in the Tower):
#1: Double Banshee: 7MM-VPD-MHP
#2: Oracle 99: RXC-9XJ-4MH​

Original Response:
dont forget to go to page 2 i am listed in the xbox clan lol
Page 2???
This thing is taking off!!! :D
I'm going to have to go through and make sure to update the above list of the clan members when I'm not preoccupied with other things.

GT is DaSlacker42 and I'll be on the XB1
Added!

Hey WandererTJ, my username on PS4 is AWACS-89, sorry about that. My gamertag for Xbox is AWACS 89. I will most likely be playing Destiny on Xbox One by the end of October...possibly by the end of September, though thats looking unlikely.

So...looks like I missed my window to pre-order in store at Gamestop, which means I'll have to pre-order online, and that leads to two undesirable conclusions. I can either get free shipping, but have to wait a week (or more) for it to arrive...or I could get it on launch day except it's about 10 bucks beyond my current budget, and I have no clue if I'll actually have more money in time. To complicate it further, a couple "local" shops might have special edition pre-orders, but they won't actually know until anywhere from a week to just a few days before launch, at which point all major vendors may not offer anything, online or otherwise.

XBOX ONE
GT: danielix 96 <--- this has been my userneme for practically everything for years (well, if it isn't broken, dont fix it)

Everyone, if you go to your Settings → Edit Profile → And scroll down to the bottom, you will now see a text field to add your Gamertag to your profile.

I encourage everyone to do so.

Here is a list of the current members in the XBOX clan:

Wanderer128
ColFork
Wolfgangthor
danielix 96
Rockcrushin
RYNOX666
Crimmson
Troy D Gordon
DaSlacker
Vengeance Beard
zaff
xZero_Primex
Frozensnot
fireryne8389
RIPTEKMAN007

Just to reiterate what's been said before, if you are playing on the XBOX, make sure to set the group as your XBOX clan.

Has there been any word yet on cross-platform linking? Like for Xbox ONE and Xbox 360 players to be able to form fireteams and whatnot? I know from Xbox to Playstation might not be too likely, but if they allow us to join other players from consoles within the same company that would be awesome.

Dang. But, on the positive side I was finally able to get a pre-order in. Had to go with "Plan E" and order from Amazon, though. Heh, Plan A was to preorder from a small local shop, but they said they won't even be told if they can get any preorders of any kind until just a few days before release after all the big stores have sold out. Plan B was to try a slightly larger but still "locally owned" chain store, but the story was the same. Plan C was Gamestop in-store, but when I got there, that very morning they were told there's none left and I'd have to get it online. Checked earlier today just to make sure they took Paypal, and it came back "no longer available." So, Plan E: Amazon. And thanks to an Amazon Prime free trial incentive offer, I got the free launch day shipping.

Zaff

After all that at least you get it on launch day! I went back to Gamestop a couple weeks ago and asked if they had any more ghost editions. They said the Ghost edition had sold out on the first day and the limited edition sold out after the first week. I've seen ghost editions on ebay for ridiculous price tags, I think the cheapest one I saw was in the upper $500s. I'm glad I pre-ordered my limited edition when I did. I purchased Diablo 3 U.E.E. for my Xbox One to tide me over for a couple weeks haha.

I'm just a little disappointed that A) I couldn't support a local business instead, and B) that I won't get that reinforced Sparrow bike that Gamestop offered. Although that might not be true if a friend of mine who works there can get a code for me without getting himself into trouble over it. In any case, I'm just glad to finally have that sorted out and to at least not have had to spend an extra $10-15 on shipping.

Zaff

After all that at least you get it on launch day! I went back to Gamestop a couple weeks ago and asked if they had any more ghost editions. They said the Ghost edition had sold out on the first day and the limited edition sold out after the first week. I've seen ghost editions on ebay for ridiculous price tags, I think the cheapest one I saw was in the upper $500s. I'm glad I pre-ordered my limited edition when I did. I purchased Diablo 3 U.E.E. for my Xbox One to tide me over for a couple weeks haha.

****. I totally should have done that and sold a Ghost Edition on Ebay...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back