Custom Hodge-Podge Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalen Sierra159

Hi everyone! I've decided I can't just stick with one game (let alone one armor set).

So here goes: I'll be using the Commando Helmet from Reach, the Tac-pad arm for my left arm from Reach, the Mjolnir Mk. VI from Halo 4 for my torso (possibly), and I'm still up in the air on the legs I'll be using. And the waist piece. Custom Spartan Hooray! This is the first piece I've ever made for myself, and even helping my friends I never really 'made' much of the suit I helped with.

The first picture is my first attempt at the helmet; obviously it wound up too large and I adjusted for it.

SAM_0067.JPG

This is the helmet resized; fits much better in my opinion.
SAM_0072.JPG

SAM_0074.JPG

The particular pep file I used was one unfolded by BmcClain; Next step is to attach the 'brim' as I call it, then onto fiberglass and Bondo! I'm so glad I am a mechanic who knows body work and how to play with Bondo all proper and stuff. It really does make it easier in the long run.

Updates coming along shortly; this was all completed in about a week's time of 10 pm's to 2 am's every night.

New pics coming soon! I'm delaying the torso and the rest till I can figure out my undersuit; I'm thinking of really REALLY getting accurate with the games if I can- meaning having some kind of forms for the smooth armor-mounting areas on the undersuit and if I'm lucky even having them do that job. I really want the undersuit to help hold up my armor while keeping the undersuit fairly form-fitting but not lycra or spandex or any of that stuff- I really don't want it stretchy or thin. I know, sweating/heat trouble. I'll figure it all out as I go along.

^.^

Sorry on the update being so late! It's late and I just finished some cutting and a couple days ago a few last layers of fiberglass on the main helmet. I'll have pics up in a day or two! SUPER EXCITED!

Alright; so long time in coming but here are some updates; the helmet has (in my opinion) one or two more layers of fiberglass on the inside, and also a bit more resin, especially around the visor area. The visor is a little small compared to many of the Commando helmets I've seen, but I kind of like it. It fits my head quite a bit better (no pics of it ON my head yet, as there's still fiberglass dust from dremeling out the visor).

I'll be picking up more resin shortly; I ran out because I got a smaller container. Next I think I'll take on the arms- upper and lower. I want to work on the torso, but I really want to find a Protector chest piece from Halo 4. I really really like it; if I can't find it in the weeks ahead as I work on the rest of the armor, I'll use the Rogue pattern that Aztlan provided for me.

IMG_20141110_230210769.jpg

IMG_20141110_230233531.jpgIMG_20141110_230257212.jpg

It looks small, but it fits great (tested before I dremeled the visor out )

good choice using bondo glass, its much better then regular rondo with bondo

Looks cool! I definitely know what you mean by sticking with one game, since there's so many possible combinations of armour & the Spartan IIs probably didn't just use one set from one short period of time.

UPDATE! Sadly my car broke down and it's worth less than it'll cost to fix it. So I'm getting a new car. On the upside- I'm getting a new car!! YAY! On the downside: I won't have money to buy more bondo and such to finish the helmet and the rest of the set for a month or two (I know, I know. Like I update that often anyway :p )

Still, figured I'd give folks keeping an eye on this an update. Also, just a quick question: I have a few more layers to add for cloth on the edges (they're really thin and fragile right now). After that, is there a way well-known to add actual motorcycle padding inside, or should I take it to a local motorcycle shop and ask them the same question? Because bicycle padding just sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back