Destiny Warlock Nightwind Mask

Status
Not open for further replies.

hurglburtz

Hello, first-timer here on the forum. I figure for my first project I should start small with just a helmet. Warlock costumes should be easy to start with since there's much fewer pieces to work with, and once I have the experience I plan on building my way to Hunter and then Titan.

I think this Nightwind Mask from Destiny should do well, but I'm wondering should I be ok asking for a pdo file in the 3D model requests thread even though I'm a noob? One other thing I'm wondering about though is the visor: it looks like the entire black area is the visor, so I think I would simply do it as one solid piece and paint on the extra lines; or would that just look too crappy? Would paint be a good idea in the first place? Should I try to model it even though it's a pretty small detail?

Some reference images by the way:
E3_statens_warlock.png 20131216155632!Warsingers_robe.png vlcsnap-2013-06-10-21h26m16s22.jpg

I do plan on eventually doing the full costume; I asked my sister to help since she knows sewing better than I do, but otherwise we haven't worked out the details yet. Still, should be easier than the helmet, that'll be the only hard armor. Maybe some smaller bells and whistles too.

I'm wondering though what I should do about the Bond, though. I would prefer if I could do one of these legendary-level Bonds, but I wouldn't even know how to go about replicating one IRL and might need to go with a more mundane one. Any ideas?

for this, i think i'd go with a full sized smoked motorcycle visor in the back if you can swing it. You can get them pretty cheap at a million places.

I'm not sure what he means by "in the back", perhaps adding those thin lines onto the helmet first and then simply inserting the visor in behind it? That's what I would do anyway, for the thin pieces over the visor I'd make them from thin foam, or even 2mm plywood (I'm a woodworking guy ;) ) as it will be extremely flexible yet still strong for what you need, and then you won't have to cut up the visor to fit :) .

yeah, i'd put painters tape on it, place it behind the openings, trace the openings onto the tape, and then trim the visor down to a smaller size that covered the viewport openings. I can't see all of the helmet, but I imagine that would probably do the trick.

I'm wondering though what I should do about the Bond, though. I would prefer if I could do one of these legendary-level Bonds, but I wouldn't even know how to go about replicating one IRL and might need to go with a more mundane one. Any ideas?

You could either mold or cut pieces of clear acrylic to the shape you want and embed LED's into them for the glowing parts. Electronics and batteries in the foam or leather armband.

If you want something really accurate, vacuum degassed cast parts:
http://www.tested.com/art/makers/455623-volpin-project-part-9-casting-process/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back