Elite Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa, that's coming along nicely. I have to admit, I'm still in the crowd that thinks making this out of pep is going to be pretty heavy. I know you said you have a way of reducing the weight, though, so we'll see if that pays off for you.

Either way, looks really good. Very clean work, can't wait to see how it moves along.

That clean work is part of the way to reduce weight. The theory is that if you don't have to use as much bondo, that will reduce weight a bit.
Another is that I plan on using foam in addition to fiberglass on the inside. It'll help strengthen and pad the pieces. So far, we've used resin and expanding foam for building up the empty spaces (Inside of the helmet for example) and I went ahead with foam to detail a few pieces (like the shoulders and front of the chest)
I know, it's a strange way to build but if it pays off.... well I know I wouldn't be the only one happy.

Aaaaannnnnnd here we are. This is the before picture.... First fitting since I got the resin on. If we take away the stilts, this suit actually weighs less than my Spartan costume. It baffles me, but it is true!
I'm going to do some fitting then I'll post more pictures. :) There's a con this weekend so I can get some feedback.
Poopy non fitted elite.jpg

I think ELITE builds are really cool. Do you plan on sporting it at C2E2?

Amazing. Can't wait for the foam head. Haven't seen too many elite builds, it's really cool you're doing one.

Ohhh man. I was debating Colossal Con this year, but I think your suit may have convinced me to go and see it in person!

Sadly I can't make colossal con this year :/ I'll just be local and next year try to travel out a bit.

So... It's getting there. I still need to fix the legs, and the shoulders (Straps broke before these were taken) and get a shinier undersuit to match the stilt covers. Over all though... I'm very.... very happy!
11157543_1612773225603023_5743007730423687556_o.jpg
11181220_1612773392269673_7515540931749404551_o.jpg

I have only one thing to say for this... Wort Wort Wort (LOL). Nah, its really cool, elites are the best ever. (Apart from the Adeptus Astarte, Who decimate everything that moves.)

Thanks to a little help from the twins, I now have much better vision :) And a little cooler looking helmet XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back