Silhouette Cameo Pepakura Video Tutorial by RobotChicken

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question regarding layout of Pepakura parts. How close can edges be before it causes issues with the Silhouette? I'm trying to put in as many parts on one page, but I'm wondering if parts are too close together (almost touching?) that it could cause bad cuts.

Thanks for the guide Robot, this is incredibly helpful and I've watched your tutorial several times before purchasing a Silhouette so I know how to use it before it gets here (and have a few files ready to go!)

Let me see how to put this into perspective. Just letting you know that I haven't started tinkering with the Cameo yet. The question that keeps me wondering is if pages that are being printed out they will need to have registration marks for the Cameo to pick up. With that being said, that means there would be some sort of scannig mechanism on the Cameo? Just looking at the Cameo, it just doesn't seem to be anything on it that would scan. Also, if the files that have been imported into the Cameo program, to me it shouldn't need registration marks. Especially if your leaving out the highlights for fold lines, and your just scoring\ cutting out parts. Hope I'm making sense here.

Yes, you are right. Everything you just mentioned is in the video. I give you permission to reach through your computer screen, and then some how reach through my screen to smack me in the face! Getting internet services set up this Thursday. As of now, I'm using my cell phone which doesn't have a very big screen, and watching your tutorial is hard to make out. Especially when your getting into explaining how to use the silhouette program. Just not showing up in hd. My apologies for not re watching th video again to catch that before asking. Thank you for your patience.

download_zpsa2easjqg.jpg

Attachments

• download_zpsa2easjqg.jpg
    download_zpsa2easjqg.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 276
I hope this is ok to ask here, but is there a directory of completed Silhouette Files? I've been trying to search but haven't found anything. I'm specifically looking for the HD files of Halo 3 and Halo 4 models (especially the halo 4 master chief helmet). I just want to save myself some time if its an option.

I've got the Halo 3 Master Chief helmet by Flying squirrel to share as well if any one would like!

Thank you so much RobotChicken, you're a lifesaver. I feel like a dope for not seeing that earlier!

turned out a gear sheared sorry so long to follow up, I haven't even opened the new one since mine was returned and new one sent.

anyhow appreciate the threads and vids Robotchicken
I look forward to trying again

After seeing your tutorial on youtube I got myself a Cameo seeing how fun papercraft is but now that I got it im not sure what i should do. I was planning on building this paper AK with it http://hoborginc.deviantart.com/art/PM-AKM-244625047 however these files are all like image files and not .pdo files. When I import the .png files to SStudio it changes the scale and using the trace option in Sstudio doesnt ever really give me the right lines. Is there any way i can trace out the lines and stuff so it will know where to cut? I see something similar being done here
but i dont quite understand what hes doing. I have photoshop and illustrator cs6 where would i start?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back