Silhouette Cameo Pepakura Video Tutorial by RobotChicken

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would also highly recommend that when you do get yourself a Cameo, that you don't update the software to the most recent version. The newest version seems to be a bit buggy and cut right though one of my cutting mats.

The newest version seems to be a bit buggy and cut right though one of my cutting mats.

That sucks, can't believe that they actually allow stuff like this to happen! Not cutting a line or two is one thing, making you pay for equipment that has been damaged due to Their incompetence is another!

the most stable version so far is version 2. I still like version 3 for its ability to select by color

What version do you use?

And tanks both for the heads up :)

This video was so good that I created an account here just to thank you.

So without further ado: Thank you!

Amazing work, I was so sick of the pep/silhouette software cutting lines a few mm off of the edges. There may be a few extra steps involved here and I will no doubt have to learn how to modify unfolds faster than I can now, but it looks like the results speak for themselves.

I am seeming to have an odd issue. At certain points it will add a line from (what I call) Home (top corner where the cutter tool rests) to a specific corner. If I move this corner it still creats the line from that corner to the top left corner of the paper. (see image) I have no idea why or how to get rid of it
issue.jpg

I missed that.
Also another work around for that if it hasnt been mentioned and I missed that also: if you take use the weld tool (on each section like black red and blues seperately) it will remove the punches and random lines.

Great Tutorial!

Hey Robotchicken,

I tried skimming back through the threads and I've been following for a while now. I wanted to get heavy into pepping for halo same deal for my son and myself honestly for awhile and after making a semi-decent helmet (after hardening it warped). I really didn't want to go through the process of all the cutting again. So after reading your post I jumped in a bought a cameo been thinking about it for a year). Now I have a dilemma though. There now is pepakura $38 designer and there is pepakura for silhouette now ($15). Anyone have any experience with this or does it just sum up all that you did between the two programs? Id imagine pep designer is wanted anyhow in case I get into actually modifying the files and saving them.

Well I'm trying to still be excited about dropping the money in this machine but so far no luck. I keep going back to see what I did wrong but it's a few things that are not working and I'm not even trying to do edge ids. First off it will not register the paper correctly I have to put the paper 2 inches to the right, and sometimes top just slices through the dead spaces on the cutting mat. Secondly I've pretty much ruined my mat trying to learn proper placement and make sure I had setting correct but sometimes it cuts sometimes it barely cuts other times it basically slices through my cutting mat. And for tiny triangle cuts I get a lot of drag ruining the flaps and all I've been trying or do for past few days are the mc. Boot. File. Any ideas ?

Do i absolutely need a silhouette cutting machine or a can use a normal or large printer and Print, Cut, Bend the stuff myself ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back