Justin's first Mark VI build

Status
Not open for further replies.
10505441_983740231652734_162838268606350604_n.jpg10712865_983740244986066_1920230528939463284_n.jpg

BIIIIIG update. At least for me anyway.

SWORD IS DONEEEEEE just have to seal the blades together and attach them to the handle!!! I got some pictures with it in my suit but for some reason I can't attach them to these forum thread things.

Finished the pep on the codpiece and have one boot pepped. Will move on to the thigh's tonight because those are easy xD

7 more days, IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOOOOOWN

OOOOOOOOOOH

IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOOOOOOWN

- - - Updated - - -

oh would you look at that, it DID attach the image. weird

Attachments

• imagejpeg_0.jpg
    imagejpeg_0.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 124
Quick update, I just finished glassing the shin-pieces. I only have one more piece to pep and then I'm completely done - the left boot. I've got the right one finished already. I'll have the suit ready for detailing by tomorrow!!!! and then I think I'll go for a little walk around the neighborhood to break it in... I'll bring the sword with me for ****s 'n' giggles :)

Damn, son, that's looking good. I hope the LEDs on the helmet are a bit less oppressive in person.

The sword looks good, how sturdy does it feel, and does the weight balance nicely in your hand?

They're a lot less glaring in person. The camera blows em out a bit :/ and the sword is a prototype really, now that i know how to create all the components ill probably create another one with better design and material. Its not too heavy, not much of a weight distribution issue, and its fairly easy to hold. However its held together with hot glue as i couldnt get my hands on the weldon #3 in time for halloween. Its pretty fragile, i wouldnt swing it at anything :p

10371361_814471155242888_5264546406699758057_n.jpg Here's another picture, I like this one a lot! This is from my trip down to Columbus for halloween parties at OSU. Good times :) Everybody wanted a picture with me, it was great!!!

It's casted from plexiglass, however if I were to make another one i'd cast it out of PETG in a vacuum former. Plexiglass is harder to form and is more susceptible to breaking. This sword is more of a prototype. It was my first time vac forming, my first time rigging electronics of any kind, first time working with plexi... I'll definitely make another one, will be 10x better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back