Master Builder's Model requesting thread (post your request here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey. I was wondering if you had, or would be willing to make, and Agent Locke helmet.
I have been looking everywhere, and cannot find a downloadable one. People have made them, but not put any of their resources up for use,
which I find is a little bit extremely selfish.
If you could help, I would be immensely grateful.

Hey. I was wondering if you had, or would be willing to make, and Agent Locke helmet.
I have been looking everywhere, and cannot find a downloadable one. People have made them, but not put any of their resources up for use,
which I find is a little bit extremely selfish.
If you could help, I would be immensely grateful.

Sorry but I don't want to make anything thats going to be far off accuracy wise. There is not enough reference to attempted it as I would like. And I don't really have the time to spend on something like that. Having decent reference really speeds up the process. And having a game-ripped-model really makes life easier, especially for proportions.

I would really like to help, but there is simply not enough reference as I would like to tackle a project like this.

What up MB, was wondering if it were possible for you to model the halo 4 saw?

Yes that would be right down my alley. Are you talking pepakura or 3d printing?

As of right now I really want to take a break from modeling weapons (thats all I've been doing lately) and build skills in other areas of modeling.

If I get some more request for that model, then I'll probably make it.

soy nuevo en esto he hecho mascaras antes pero utilizando "viejas " técnicas de modelado en arcillar y esas cosas, pero ahora que conozco los archivo pdo, me parecen geniales ademas lo que hacen al volverlas mascaras completas es fantástico, desde hace unos 4 meses que he estado en esto tratando encontrar un archivo de mascaras de "skullmam" creo que es un anime japones, no se mas de el pero quiero intentar hacerlo haber si me puedes echar una mando, te pongo la dirección donde esta la foto del personaje... graciasss

- - - Updated - - -

Perdón he aquí la dirección : http://www.mcanime.net/descarga_directa/anime/detalle/the_skullman_ova_live_action_11/19299

soy nuevo en esto he hecho mascaras antes pero utilizando "viejas " técnicas de modelado en arcillar y esas cosas, pero ahora que conozco los archivo pdo, me parecen geniales ademas lo que hacen al volverlas mascaras completas es fantástico, desde hace unos 4 meses que he estado en esto tratando encontrar un archivo de mascaras de "skullmam" creo que es un anime japones, no se mas de el pero quiero intentar hacerlo haber si me puedes echar una mando, te pongo la dirección donde esta la foto del personaje... graciasss

- - - Updated - - -

Perdón he aquí la dirección : http://www.mcanime.net/descarga_directa/anime/detalle/the_skullman_ova_live_action_11/19299

English is the official language here of the 405th. Please do not post in any other language.

Then I do it in English I forgot that, thanks for the comprención

I'm new to this arme masks before but using "old" clay modeling techniques and stuff, but now that I know the pdo files, I find great addition to turn them What They Do Full masks is Fantastico, since UNOS MAKES 4 months I've been trying to find a file mask "skullmam" that I think is a Japanese anime, is one of the masks that I want to try more. Have if you CAN help me on that, I put the Address Where's the photo .. Characters. graciasss: http://www.mcanime.net/descarga_dire...ction_11/19299

For pepakura?

It should be rather easy and fast. I could do it when I get some models out of the way first.

If someone seconds it. I will definitely make it.

Yeah, I would make it in foam, but a pep model would suit. Thanks. Doesn't even have to be detailed, I just need the main body shape really.

Yes it would be for pepakura. If you decide to do it let me know. I'm still working on the rail gun pep. The pep file was released in Halo 4 Pepakura (Files Within) by VizardErebus. If you look at the unfold of the rail gun, it's pretty insane. But I'm defiantly determined to get it done. Made some major adjustments to the unfold, joining/ disjoin, editing tabs. Pretty much starting over with the pepping. Sucks, but I definatly want to eliminate as much warping as possible, especially around the trigger area. Sorry, for all that. Like I said if you decide to do the saw, have the gun modeled in sections. And thanks for your time.

Yeah, I would make it in foam, but a pep model would suit. Thanks. Doesn't even have to be detailed, I just need the main body shape really.

Ok, I haven't made anything for foam yet, so I will probably make both, a foam pep and a regular pep. I do need the practice for foam.

I'd second the Orbital helmet - it's a fairly interesting take on the EVA helm.

Great! I will add it to my list!

Yes it would be for pepakura. If you decide to do it let me know. I'm still working on the rail gun pep. The pep file was released in Halo 4 Pepakura (Files Within) by VizardErebus. If you look at the unfold of the rail gun, it's pretty insane. But I'm defiantly determined to get it done. Made some major adjustments to the unfold, joining/ disjoin, editing tabs. Pretty much starting over with the pepping. Sucks, but I definatly want to eliminate as much warping as possible, especially around the trigger area. Sorry, for all that. Like I said if you decide to do the saw, have the gun modeled in sections. And thanks for your time.

Have you ever looked into using high density construction foam? I think it would be a much better approach all the way around.
I never really fathomed why people make weapons out of pep models, dealing with the warping and such.

I could do something different, making a set of templates based off the model, and making a ton of reference using the ingame model.

If you want to do something like this, I would also be interested in building it myself.

Once every section was pepped I was planning on resining them. Afterwards I would mold and cast them. Not sure how it would turn out, but willing to give it a shot. Either route is fine with me.

I never really fathomed why people make weapons out of pep models, dealing with the warping and such.

If you dont mind my input I fairly like pep weapons, but its just that the only ones I like is a Reach HMG and L3X's Sniper rifle. Having sectioned models are a lot easier to deal with instead of whole hollow weapons. If its a whole model its big and bulky. However if you have say several sections to a model then it becomes much easier. You can always counter warping on the flat sides by gluing popsicle sticks down, and replace as much as you can with other materials, such as barrels with PVC pipes. The downside to peping a big weapon is weight of course, and the only way to counter that is with expensive multi-pull molds like smooth on, or cheap one or two time pull molds with cheap silicone caulk tubes. But I dont have the tools or practice with foam as I do pep so im somewhat biased. im sure a foam builder would know a lot more and ive seen beautiful foam builds.

Do you think it would be better to put the Popsicle sticks on the inside of the pep or the outside?

The inside and only on parts youre sure are supposed to be flat. If you put them on the outside then you have to take them off or cover them. If they are on the inside you never have to mess with them and adds support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back