Master Builder's Model requesting thread (post your request here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you all, as I said I'm new, so the advice they give me confused me a bit, to emperzar with this style of masks, creoq ue what I need is a PDO model for pepakura of skull man, hopefully someone can help to get that file skullman1.jpgskullman1.jpg

Have been thinking of a new build idea recently. Alongside my still in progress mk vi suit, i was planning a foam scratch build of the ARX-7 Arbalest from full metal panic. Been sitting on this idea for a month now. I have 3D models and pictures but am having trouble fathoming how to go about this and think i might need some help.

Have been thinking of a new build idea recently. Alongside my still in progress mk vi suit, i was planning a foam scratch build of the ARX-7 Arbalest from full metal panic. Been sitting on this idea for a month now. I have 3D models and pictures but am having trouble fathoming how to go about this and think i might need some help.

If you already have models, then it should be a quick job. Let me have a look, just send my the files and images you have, and then I'll let you know more.

Ghost1074 Sorry I thought I already replied. Yes I make pepakura models and printable models, not to mention game ready models +.
FoxtrotZero I'll keep it in mind, if you could be a little more specific, it would help. I'm not entirely sure what you want.
nintendstroid If you already have a model, that would speed up the process immensely. I'll have to get back with you on it. But it will most likely happen.

Note to all. I currently have 2 complete suits in the works. and then a couple helmets after that. so I can't get to any of these request right away.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you look at the link I gave, the ODSTs from Reach have a very oversized collar section compared to the ODSTs from Halo 3 and Halo 3: ODST. The rest of the soft-body armour (which is under the plates, and only covers the upper-ish torso) doesn't really change compared to earlier games (and there are models of it on the on the 405th database). However, I'm interested in having that oversized Reach-era collar (if I'm making a collar, I'd like it to look big and protective).

I'm not necessarily asking for the complete underarmour, but more like a compatible template for the collar, as if it were an attachment or addition. It's not the end of the world if you can't do it, though, as I can probably figure it out myself. Having an exact template to follow would be nice, though.

If you look at the link I gave, the ODSTs from Reach have a very oversized collar section compared to the ODSTs from Halo 3 and Halo 3: ODST. The rest of the soft-body armour (which is under the plates, and only covers the upper-ish torso) doesn't really change compared to earlier games (and there are models of it on the on the 405th database). However, I'm interested in having that oversized Reach-era collar (if I'm making a collar, I'd like it to look big and protective).

I'm not necessarily asking for the complete underarmour, but more like a compatible template for the collar, as if it were an attachment or addition. It's not the end of the world if you can't do it, though, as I can probably figure it out myself. Having an exact template to follow would be nice, though.

Ok, yeah thats what I thought you wanted. Looking at it from a building standpoint, I'm going to say that this is going to extremely limit your head movement (just look at the pictures, all of his head rotations would not be possible). I also think it would be easier and overall better to make it just by cutting and bending eva foam until it fits your build. Because looking at it right now, I can now see how to go about making a template that would do you any good. Mainly because I don't know what the base armor is going to be like, and molding it to that is half the job.

I am in no way trying to avoid this, I just wanted to give you my criticism.

Btw, to get your link to show up properly, just type out what you want your link to be named, then highlight it and click on the "Link" button and enter your URL there.

No, I understand, and everything you're saying echoes my thoughts. I was wondering if it was possible to build a genericized version, but I doubt that's worthwhile.

I see that his head movement isn't very possible. I was intending to scale it down a bit, which would be a bit less protective, but still look better, I think, than the standard H3 era collar. And yes, I actually intend to make that underarmour section out of foam (though I'm still having some concerns about how I'm going to permanently shape that collar, since I haven't got a heat gun. I wonder if I could fold it into place and hold it there with some nylon strapping, and just leave it like that for a while so it assumes the new position, maybe take a blow dryer to it too).

I guess I wasn't quite thinking straight when I asked about this. I don't like this fact (hell, I don't even really like working with EVA foam, since it doesn't bend or fold well in my experience), but I might just have to kinda freehand it. Which I suppose isn't the end of the world, either, since it's not very detailed and mostly covered up anyway.

Thanks anyway, mate.

No, I understand, and everything you're saying echoes my thoughts. I was wondering if it was possible to build a genericized version, but I doubt that's worthwhile.

I see that his head movement isn't very possible. I was intending to scale it down a bit, which would be a bit less protective, but still look better, I think, than the standard H3 era collar. And yes, I actually intend to make that underarmour section out of foam (though I'm still having some concerns about how I'm going to permanently shape that collar, since I haven't got a heat gun. I wonder if I could fold it into place and hold it there with some nylon strapping, and just leave it like that for a while so it assumes the new position, maybe take a blow dryer to it too).

I guess I wasn't quite thinking straight when I asked about this. I don't like this fact (hell, I don't even really like working with EVA foam, since it doesn't bend or fold well in my experience), but I might just have to kinda freehand it. Which I suppose isn't the end of the world, either, since it's not very detailed and mostly covered up anyway.

Thanks anyway, mate.

I was thinking you could just glue it into position on to the base armor. I would agree that it looks really cool! and it would be nice to see something like this implemented. But for the most part I think you just need to experiment and find out what works.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back