Master Builder's Model requesting thread (post your request here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Builder

For a list of models I have already made and released, please refer to my other thread "Master Builder's Model Releasing Thread".

First off I would like to say hi to everyone here! I am rather new to joining this forum, and I think it's time I start doing my part to help out around here, so lets get started.

My main goal here is to provide the best pep files around. The best both in detail, and work friendliness.

I know theres a lot of great pep files out there already, but to be honest, theres a lot of terrible ones as well, and this is what I'm looking to change.

If you want to take a look at some of my work, just go through my album entitled "Game Ready Models". Please keep in mind that Pretty much everything of quality that I have modeled has been for game engines. But I have done a few pep models as well.

Here is a list of some of my skills:
-Hard-surface modeling.
-Some organic modeling
-Some sculpting.
-Texturing.
-Working with/making shaders in multiple programs/engines
-Animation.
-UVW Unwrapping.
-Baking. (normals, AO, etc)
-and more...

Heres a list of the programs I use.
-3Ds max.
-Photoshop.
-Polycoat.
-Xnormals.
-pepakura designer.
-Mudbox
-And many more...

Now these are the guidelines I would like to work with:

• Two or more request for the same model need to be made before I accept the request. Unless you show great passion for your project and are sure you can/will finish and it will be of quality.
  • I will only take on requests for builds that are well planned and thought out.
  • I will most likely inquire about you build, so I can get a good idea of what exactly I'm working on. You may post a link your creation thread (if you have one) here or send it to me via a message.
  • You must help to provide the reference if it's of something you contain. E.g action figure.
  • I will be more happy to clean up in-game models and add detail to make them pepable. It's a lot easier than starting from scratch because the scale is perfect and you usually have texture to use a reference.
  • I am skilled in high-poly modeling, so I can make models for 3D printers. But I don't have any experience running one.
  • You may send me a message or post here with your request.

MC poster.jpg

Sorry for any grammar mistakes. I will most likely edit this to improve it in the time to come.

-Matthew

No one yet has made the full set of Halo CE: Anniversary Mk.V armor. There was a helmet pep file(and it was a bit annoying as the visor didn't actually connect to the helmet, and the unfold was inconsistant from side to side), and I used it to make my first helmet, but none of the rest of the armor was made.

No one yet has made the full set of Halo CE: Anniversary Mk.V armor. There was a helmet pep file(and it was a bit annoying as the visor didn't actually connect to the helmet, and the unfold was inconsistant from side to side), and I used it to make my first helmet, but none of the rest of the armor was made.

Now thats a project I would do just as a labor of love. I might just work on that.

I have a request since you are pretty handy with 3D modelling.
I found this great ODST helmet model high poly count. and thinking about 3d printing it https://grabcad.com/library/halo-odst-helmet-2.
only the bottom is filled in and im having a lot of trouble making a shell out of it.
a 3mm shell would be sturdy enough i would think

could you help me?

I would be happy to help!

Is there by any chance you have the model downloaded so I don't have to go through the filling out process to download it from the site?

Do you want the visor let in it as well?

sure i have it downloaded, here is the dropbox link https://www.dropbox.com/s/xm1fbwb1618r0rd/halo-odst-helmet- SUPER NICE.zip?dl=0
if you can take out the visor and make a a little vacuform block/wedge on it that would be awesome otherwise ill just make it on myself with some clay.
I dont know whats easier with printing could you have a version with it left in as well? 3d printing in parts can be tricky sometimes

I got the model and started looking at it, and boy this this is full of holes and open geometry. The file itself says it's printable but from what I have learned everything has to be sealed.

So does any one here know if you can still print a model that has a lot of open geometry?

Usually I don't have problems when I print maybe a small weird line now and then.
I did encounter some problems with it while slicing but my slicer says it could be fixed with auto repair. If it really works its a different thing.

Usually I don't have problems when I print maybe a small weird line now and then.
I did encounter some problems with it while slicing but my slicer says it could be fixed with auto repair. If it really works its a different thing.

Ok, well I can't make a real shell like I wanted to before, but I can hand make the inside. The only disadvantage is there will be more material involved, the walls won't be consistent with the outside, and of course the time to do it, but don't worry about that.

The program you are using can do a honeycomb pattern in between the walls right?

yeah it can do that. depends on how thick i want to fill it.

but it willl be a double wall if has to start infilling. but everything is better then what i was making.

yeah it can do that. depends on how thick i want to fill it.

but it willl be a double wall if has to start infilling. but everything is better then what i was making.

Yeah it will be double walled, so I guess you'll have to do the infilling instead of making it a solid wall because of the inconsistency in thickness that your are going to have when I'm done modeling it.

I will start working on it soon.

Yeah it will be double walled, so I guess you'll have to do the infilling instead of making it a solid wall because of the inconsistency in thickness that your are going to have when I'm done modeling it.

I will start working on it soon.

Thanks man, you have saved me many hours of frustration.

Thanks man, you have saved me many hours of frustration.

Ok, I cleaned up the model and took out/fixed the holes.

And right now I have the model with no inside. Just a cutout around the bottom. And I was wondering if the program that you are using to ready-up the models for printing can make "shells" out of a 1 sided model? Because right now it would be quite tough for me to make the inner wall I was thinking of.

Ok, I cleaned up the model and took out/fixed the holes.

And right now I have the model with no inside. Just a cutout around the bottom. And I was wondering if the program that you are using to ready-up the models for printing can make "shells" out of a 1 sided model? Because right now it would be quite tough for me to make the inner wall I was thinking of.

if you have a clean model i just make the wall the thickness i want.
there is a programm called netfabb that can make propper shells out of models. but that function its not included in the basic version. and the full version is pretty expensive to buy.
with nefabb basic you can however cut the model into parts to fit the printer.
I use cura to slice determine how thick i want the walls to be. and to make the gcode for the printer.

Can you upload the file mayb its as good as print ready now.

if you have a clean model i just make the wall the thickness i want.
there is a programm called netfabb that can make propper shells out of models. but that function its not included in the basic version. and the full version is pretty expensive to buy.
with nefabb basic you can however cut the model into parts to fit the printer.
I use cura to slice determine how thick i want the walls to be. and to make the gcode for the printer.

Can you upload the file mayb its as good as print ready now.

Here you go: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rjc6jo6x7xaao3v/ODST helmet no holes_open.obj?dl=0

Let me know if you get anywhere. I know the shell modifier in 3ds max won't work on it, do to the detailed spots being pushed too far.

If you can't get it, I'll work on it more and add an interior.

It seems to be ok. I need to find the right scale again since its super small now but I will look into getting the first part on the printer tommorow.

Yeah I forgot to say that I messed up the scale. I had to scale it up to work on all the little detail, but forgot to scale it back down. Also all the importing and exporting is going to make a change somewhere. 3ds max uses imperial mesures, where most programs use monkey/metric. So you will really have to know what each program uses and factor accordingly.

Please let me know if you run into any problems.

Yeah I forgot to say that I messed up the scale. I had to scale it up to work on all the little detail, but forgot to scale it back down. Also all the importing and exporting is going to make a change somewhere. 3ds max uses imperial mesures, where most programs use monkey/metric. So you will really have to know what each program uses and factor accordingly.

Please let me know if you run into any problems.
It looked verry prommesing, but my slicer wont take it. it tries to "fix" the model or it says 0 minutes to print.
So an inner shell seems to be the way to go still.

Does anyone have acces to a full version of netfabb?

It looked verry prommesing, but my slicer wont take it. it tries to "fix" the model or it says 0 minutes to print.
So an inner shell seems to be the way to go still.

Does anyone have acces to a full version of netfabb?

Ok, I'll see about making a shell. But please note that it might take some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back