Canadian Regiment Logo & Flag/Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Canadian Regiment Flag

You might be overlooking it, as I overlooked your explanation regarding the flag by accident, lol.
Could be that it was disabled?

Maybe necroposting, but given the nature of the thread, figured I'd put in my two cents if we're still considering flag/badges.

I really like designs b and c as well. The revised flag also looks fantastic (maybe 405th should be flushed to the center), but it all works very well.

Maybe necroposting, but given the nature of the thread, figured I'd put in my two cents if we're still considering flag/badges.

I really like designs b and c as well. The revised flag also looks fantastic (maybe 405th should be flushed to the center), but it all works very well.

That's totally fine, Chrisy! I had been hoping more of the our active members would've posted something before now, lol. So I appreciate the feedback ;)

Now that you mention it, the 405th tag might look good centered between the regiment logo and the bit of Canadian flair at the bottom of the flag.

I'll make some revisions and see how it looks. Once we've got this all finalized I'll then contact @ForgedReclaimer, since he was the original artist of the ones that inspired the current design.

Plus, he's the only one I know here who could possibly translate my hand-drawn templates to a digital format, lol.

I still can't seem to be able to post a proper poll thread, so I've instead manually tallied everyone's preferences (listed below):

Style A - 1
Style B - 3
Style C - 6
Style D - 3

I maybe able to help you with turning your designs into digital.

Love the designs.
May I +1 for Style D

Well, I guess we finally got some love for style D, lol.

@SqueekinOrka, I'll let you know if your assistance is required. Thanks for the offer ;)

The designs are looking very nice!- I think I'm swinging more towards c or d personally

Thanks for the input! Updated the vote tally on the first page. Looks like style C is in the lead, which I expected as I think it's the best-looking of the bunch.

Hey all, here's the revised version of the regimental flag/banner, based on feedback from some of you:

DSC04445_zpsd69d2e27.jpg

And compared to the previous version:

DSC04448_zps961d13aa.jpg

Thoughts? :confused

Attachments

• DSC04445_zpsd69d2e27.jpg
    DSC04445_zpsd69d2e27.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 281
  • DSC04448_zps961d13aa.jpg
    DSC04448_zps961d13aa.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 283

I like the banner and like the 405th being in the center with the emblems/logos above and below, balances it out.

One thing I'd like to suggest. Maybe have 405th centered a little more in the center of the banner (moved a little more to the right) as well as centered over "Canadian Regiment".

Overall I really dig the design :)

I like the banner and like the 405th being in the center with the emblems/logos above and below, balances it out.

One thing I'd like to suggest. Maybe have 405th centered a little more in the center of the banner (moved a little more to the right) as well as centered over "Canadian Regiment".

Overall I really dig the design :)

BOLD #1: Re-arranging the emblems with the 405th in the center was regiment member chrisy159's idea. It was a good one :)

BOLD #2: Actually, the 405th needs to stay right where it is, as shown in the 405th's identity guidelines --> http://www.405th.com/faq.php?faq=community_info#faq_405th_identity_guidelines

The reason the 405th sits off the left in the box is because the text "Infantry Division" fills in the right side underneath the "TH". I just didn't add that text in my hand-drawn rendering.

Last edited by a moderator:

How many times have I been on this site, I didn't even notice the extra text on the logo. Observant fail lol.

Oh that makes perfect sense then! I also had an itch seeing 405th flushed to the left, but if that's because there's going to be some more test under the "th" then that makes complete sense.

Looks soo good! I am absolutely in love with those energy swords on the leaf <3.

How many times have I been on this site, I didn't even notice the extra text on the logo. Observant fail lol.

No worries dude, lol. It's an easy thing to miss if you're not really looking for it. I've been a member here since almost the beginning, so I just tend to notice these things :p

Oh that makes perfect sense then! I also had an itch seeing 405th flushed to the left, but if that's because there's going to be some more test under the "th" then that makes complete sense.

Looks soo good! I am absolutely in love with those energy swords on the leaf <3.

BOLD #1: Since what I'm showing you all here are just hand-drawn renderings, not the finished version, I figured details like that didn't necessarily need to be added in. That, and after drawing everything else, I got a little lazy, lol.

BOLD #2: Yeah, I think that's the perfect little bit of Canadian "flair" we needed to add to the regimental flag/banner to really make the design our own. I'm really digging the energy swords, too :D

Thanks to everyone for thier input here! Your suggestions have helped to make these designs what they are.

Though not all active members have posted for the purpose of voting on which logo (A, B, C, D) is best, I think we've got a good enough spread to see which of the four styles is the favourite.

I'll see about getting logo C and the "new and improved" flag/banner done up in a digital format for use by the regiment, while adhering to the identity guidelines set forth by @Art Andrews and the 405th staff. Once that's done, I will then take it to the Admin staff for approval.

EDIT: Just to clarify, the logo will be what we can use on our armour, with the flag/banner being what would be used to decorate any booth(s) we set up at events.

Alright, so I sent off a PM to @ForgedReclaimer to see if he'd be able to help with putting my hand-drawn renderings into digital format, since his original artwork is what inspired the designs in the first place. He hasn't been active for some time though according to his profile, so if I don't hear back from him in a timely manner I'll likely contact @SqueekinOrka for help with that. Will keep everyone posted :cool

Thanks for all your hard work SPARTAN II.

Secretly I really REALLY want the energy sword emblem on my armour. Alas, rules are rules :p.

Well, I really think this was a group effort. I just drew it up, lol.

Btw, I don't see why you couldn't use the energy sword emblem on your armour.

It would just have to be separate from the approved regiment logo.

I'll talk to Art Andrews for clarification on that, but I think that should be okay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back