Halo 4 MC Foam Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
As if there weren't enough of these amazing builds out there! Im adding my build to the list. What's up guys! I'm Fox and I'm 14 years old. This is my first build and I am amazed at the results I've come by so far! I'm new to 405th but I'm looking forward to meeting lots of people!

I made many modifications to the armor like details which will be in the 2mm foamies. I've made most of these details myself with just reference pics.
Enjoy!

Current Completion Percentage:
(Including Paint)

Helmet - 100%
Torso - 100%
Cod Piece - 100%
Butt - 95%
Shoulders - 95%
Forearms - 95%
HandPlates - 10%
Thighs - 95%
Shins - 95%
Boots - 95%

I've actually noticed that the chest piece is small on me but I can't go back now ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410151318.190889.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410151572.838049.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1410151601.671918.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1410151613.870682.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1410151630.287483.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1410151644.104280.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1410151659.221871.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1410151676.554582.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1410151708.339385.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1410151722.421943.jpg

This looks great! My advice is if your not happy with the chest piece do it again. I am doing my helmet for the second time right now and I'm much happier with it. Also, if your guesstimating on size, always guess LARGE! Ultimately the MC is bigger than the average human.

This looks great! My advice is if your not happy with the chest piece do it again. I am doing my helmet for the second time right now and I'm much happier with it. Also, if your guesstimating on size, always guess LARGE! Ultimately the MC is bigger than the average human.

Thanks for the advise!! This is helpful because at first I didn't know how to measure. I'm using Pepakura foam templates so I do get the exact measurements but you know its hard using just reference pics. Right now I can't really start over because I work slowly because school, etc and I'm trying to finish it by Halloween.

UPDATE!!
I just painted the front chest and added a "dirty" look. I might go over it with a very, very light coat of green to downgrade the dirty look a bit. Let me know your opinions.

Again I'm new to the painting scheme and techniques, so I can anticipate criticism.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410204520.939301.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1410204536.522382.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1410204549.539083.jpg

This looks fantastic! Your foam skills demolish mine. What is the secret? Keep up the good work, I can't wait to see more.

This looks fantastic! Your foam skills demolish mine. What is the secret? Keep up the good work, I can't wait to see more.

Hehe John...I just started doing this, I guess I have no secret because, I do not know what the heck I'm doing!! I guess what does help a lot is exploring through this website, Learning from everybody and picking up tips on how to make armor look "decent." As for the details..I pay lots of attention to detail, more than others maybe. I've seen your work and its awesome!!!

UPDATE!!

Whats up 405th!! Just another update. Nothing much this time just painting phase. I know its too early for painting phase because I don't even have all the pieces yet but i was too anxious! XD

Just done the metallic highlights. Might have over-done it but then again, most of my friends won't even know what armor it is..
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410234619.742549.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1410234629.839769.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1410234639.623838.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1410234649.765740.jpg

Oh man, I'm loving this. Could you explain the steps you took to get your armor looking in the last picture? I assume plastic dip-->green paint--->black-->silver. But how did you apply the black and silver (I love that brushed silver look).

Keep it up!

Oh man, I'm loving this. Could you explain the steps you took to get your armor looking in the last picture? I assume plastic dip-->green paint--->black-->silver. But how did you apply the black and silver (I love that brushed silver look).

Keep it up!

Thanks Chrisy!! I actually found it a bit easier than I thought but yes, I first used Plasti-Dip (Black)-->Primer (Black)-->Olive Green as my base coat. Then I painted in the darker green details on the armor and then dabbed black acrylic paint in corners and spread it out. I finally then used a wide spread brush and painted Silver Acrylic on the sides and edges of the piece. I guess you can mess around and find your style before painting because you might not like the end result.
XD

UPDATE!!

Whats up guys! Just built both shoulders but stills needs details and heat forming on one. I'm actually making fast progress, which is good!! I'm thinkin on doing shins next.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410401828.769830.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1410401877.853401.jpg

This is looking stunning, can't wait to see your full build when its done! :) Good Luck Fox!
I'm also fairly new to 405th myself and have been deciding to give foam a shot, how has it been to work with so far?

This is looking stunning, can't wait to see your full build when its done! :) Good Luck Fox!
I'm also fairly new to 405th myself and have been deciding to give foam a shot, how has it been to work with so far?

Actually, ArcTek, go for it! This is my first time building a suit and well it has its ups and down but I'd say go with foam instead of the papercraft.

The reason why I think this is because foam "allows" for more errors than papercraft. Plus you wont have to use harsh chemicals like bondo and/or strong glues. It is also (maybe) a bit more cheaper. I strongly recommend using foam, but its all up to you!

Thanks for stoppin' by!!

UPDATE!!

Hehe whats up 405thers!
I'm back with another update. I finally got both shoulders done. Thanks to EvaKura's Templates!

My next priority is probably finishing up the last of the two jetpacks, which I have been ignorant about! After that I plan to take on the shins!!

Lol, another cool tip: You can use doctor masks while sanding with dremels to avoid inhaling the EVA Foam dust.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410581613.551058.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1410581621.218238.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back