Master Builder's Model Releasing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Builder

Last update: 1-9-2015. Added MC!!

This thread contains a list of all the models I have made/worked on for the 405th community. I will continue to add on as I produce more.

If you are looking to make a request, please refer to/post in my other thread "Master Builders Model Requesting Thread".

Terms of use: You can not reupload or modify any of these files for public use. You can not mold/cast any 3D printable models without my(Master Builder) permission (Feel free to use the pepakura files as a base to be built upon and molded/casted latter) . None of these file may be used for money making purposes. Proper credit must be given (refer to each file for the list of credits). Enjoy!

Contact me via PM if you have any questions.

Printable Files
ODST Helmet.
ODST Helmet Visor Buck for Vacuum Forming.
ODST printable helmet render.jpgODST printable helmet buck render.jpg

Pepakura Files
Halo Reach Gungnir Helmet.
Gungnir helmet reference.jpgGungnir helmet render for upload.jpg

Halo 4/5 Master Chief Armor, Complete Set, With Reference.
Sneak peek, All the reference is in the archive.
Halo 4 Master Chief renders.jpg

Halo 4 female scout armor, complete set, with reference. (Sarah Palmer)
Sneak peak (much much more reference in the archive):
female_scout_renders.jpg

Other
Female undersuit reference. (Sarah Palmer)
ktwm6Vg.jpg

Female undersuit colored reference. (MP)
j7XU0zo.jpg

Male undersuit reference. (Master chief)
cQyxpOw.jpg

Male undersuit colored reference. (MP)
EkUxj7x.jpg

Sarah Palmer Reference.
YR4TnvM.jpg

Other Reference comparing the two armors.
WrfGWvN.jpgVXed9NQ.jpgPH2lEQT.jpg

Attachments

• ktwm6Vg.jpg
    ktwm6Vg.jpg
    395.3 KB · Views: 1,962
  • j7XU0zo.jpg
    j7XU0zo.jpg
    404.9 KB · Views: 1,043
  • cQyxpOw.jpg
    cQyxpOw.jpg
    374.1 KB · Views: 2,357
  • EkUxj7x.jpg
    EkUxj7x.jpg
    430.8 KB · Views: 837
  • YR4TnvM.jpg
    YR4TnvM.jpg
    478.8 KB · Views: 942
I dunno, looks pretty good in Pepakura form... just sayin'...

But yes, I agree with you, @nintendstroid - I'd like to print this myself, but I don't have a printer. If you'd like to work with me on getting one out, however, feel free to PM me and we can talk money.

EDIT: Oh, and MB: It's .PDO, not 'Pedo'. Might want to change that, it's fairly.... well. Let's just say that it makes me uncomfortable having to see that when I open a file.

Attachments

• GEDC0001.JPG
    GEDC0001.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 806
hej man,

that gungir would look sweet if you could print it.... just saying...

I'm sure a lot of helmet would, but I don't think you know how much time goes into high-poly modeling.

I dunno, looks pretty good in Pepakura form... just sayin'...

But yes, I agree with you, @nintendstroid - I'd like to print this myself, but I don't have a printer. If you'd like to work with me on getting one out, however, feel free to PM me and we can talk money.

EDIT: Oh, and MB: It's .PDO, not 'Pedo'. Might want to change that, it's fairly.... well. Let's just say that it makes me uncomfortable having to see that when I open a file.

Fixed, told you I had bad grammar. For some reason I kept thinking it was pedo, but when I realized that was wrong, I switched everything, but I guess I missed one.

Thats looks awesome! It really makes my happy to finally see some of my work get put to use.

Ow I get how much time goes into it and time flies by.
But it seems you already have the 3d model of the gungir couldn't you shell it like you did the ODST Helmet? I would guess since it is your own model it would be easier to do.
I can extract the pdo to an obj if you only made it in pepekura designer.

EDIT: I exported it to an. obj without to many problems of course all the side parts arent attached but attaching that would be no problem
the thing has no mass of course but its pretty high quality as is. think i can shell it with blender. it doesnt have that many holes as the ODST had.

8a5c80e1f8.png

Ow I get how much time goes into it and time flies by.
But it seems you already have the 3d model of the gungir couldn't you shell it like you did the ODST Helmet? I would guess since it is your own model it would be easier to do.
I can extract the pdo to an obj if you only made it in pepekura designer.

EDIT: I exported it to an. obj without to many problems of course all the side parts arent attached but attaching that would be no problem
the thing has no mass of course but its pretty high quality as is. think i can shell it with blender. it doesnt have that many holes as the ODST had.

View attachment 3653

No no no, thats not how I would make it printable. First off this model is low-poly and lacking a ton of detail, any model that I would make for printing would be high-poly using sub-d (subdivision) modeling techniques, so every edge would have a round off, and every surface would be completely smooth. As of right now that model has a lot of floating geometry which like you said would not be hard in incorporate.

Please don't go off trying to make it printable, this model was not in any way intended to be printable. I will most likely, some time soon, make a printable version of this helmet.

ow i had no idea just playing with it for 5 minutes.
Not trying to pressure you in anyway. do your thing. I'm still bussy getting the ODST printed.
not been my top priority plus i had some printing problems.

Do your thing we appreciate and love your work man :)

ow i had no idea just playing with it for 5 minutes.
Not trying to pressure you in anyway. do your thing. I'm still bussy getting the ODST printed.
not been my top priority plus i had some printing problems.

Do your thing we appreciate and love your work man :)

Very sorry if that sounded like I was yelling at you. I tend to do that sometimes and I really need to learn to stop. I just didn't want to see you wasting your time trying to make it printable, when I should have.

Very sorry if that sounded like I was yelling at you. I tend to do that sometimes and I really need to learn to stop. I just didn't want to see you wasting your time trying to make it printable, when I should have.

haha, it's ok dude, I thought I was comming over like an arse not that you where yelling.

Well you got 2 people verry excited about it. me and Arcanine have been pmíng a lot already about it. if you get it out there there might be a nice cast for you in it ;)
It's such a sweet helmet. I wanted to do it properly withthe bottom back comming of and being secured with rare earth magnets for easy accesibilty.

Arcanine, already has the correct measurements etc.

Like i said you got us real excited :p

haha, it's ok dude, I thought I was comming over like an arse not that you where yelling.

Well you got 2 people verry excited about it. me and Arcanine have been pmíng a lot already about it. if you get it out there there might be a nice cast for you in it ;)
It's such a sweet helmet. I wanted to do it properly withthe bottom back comming of and being secured with rare earth magnets for easy accesibilty.

Arcanine, already has the correct measurements etc.

Like i said you got us real excited :p

Thats a very interesting idea. Earlier I was thinking of have some sort of hinge on the top to split the helmet in half.

I was wondering if any one knows how RoxyRoo could see out of her helmet? Was there a camera and a built in monitor?

I'm sorry I'm not able to produce these models as fast as you guys would like, but it's mainly because I have other real life stuff that keeps coming up. School (home schooled ftw), my own projects that I can't just leave laying around including models for games, grandpa dying 200 Miles away (hes doing better now), fires and car accidents, stocking up our wood for the winter. And of course I don't want to spend 8 hours a day in front of my computer.

Please don't feel like any of you have anything to do this stuff. I actually think I this work is much needed, because before I wasn't doing much. I am one of those persons that if you don't have anything to work on, I would go mad. I just wish I had more physical work, I miss our business.

So thanks for the work, I currently only have about 3 request. But I will try to get them through as fast as I can, but please note that I will not make anything that lacks quality, I follow my reference very closely, which in the long run makes my job take up a lot more time, but I think it's worth it.

Please keep the request flowing.

i think she just looked trough the tiny hole. and down trough a tiny raster she had around themouth area
ill ask arround i know a few people who have one.

i like the rubber nekseal the new recon helmets from impactprops we could split it up like that but keep it hard and connect it with rare earth magnets.

Dont feel sorry, we are just excited about what you are going to deliver but can wait on you :p other stuff has higher priorities especially school/work/family.

I have one request that i want to have for a long time now. but frak that i want a gungir helmet first! seems a few more people would want one too. and like i said a nice cast could be in it for you :)

again take your time

edit asked real quick:
Yeah, it's a peephole, also I have a little mesh in front of chin. Also one of the guys on the forum used a plastic visor and painted same color than the helmet.

Thats a very interesting idea. Earlier I was thinking of have some sort of hinge on the top to split the helmet in half.

A back-off mod for the helmet is the most viable solution - when I put my oversized test build on, my ears were scraping the rim - and I omitted the final neck seal, at that. Adding the final rim would add maybe an extra 5mm to the opening - making it impossible for one to get into the helmet without a modification.

I was wondering if any one knows how RoxyRoo could see out of her helmet? Was there a camera and a built in monitor?

I do believe she used some form of glass lens from a door peephole - allegedly it worked, but I was considering vacuum-forming the main front/faceplate and using Redshirt's Make Your Own See Through Visor tutorial to spray it up.

A back-off mod for the helmet is the most viable solution - when I put my oversized test build on, my ears were scraping the rim - and I omitted the final neck seal, at that. Adding the final rim would add maybe an extra 5mm to the opening - making it impossible for one to get into the helmet without a modification.

Yeah I was thinking your head would scrape on the sides of the brim, but I alway thought that a nice brim made out of some foam would do the trick. To be honest I don't think theres any helmet out there that is not going to be a tight fit.

But are you saying that even if you were to cut off the brim, your head would still not be able to fit with a foam brim or something similar? I know every helmet I have put on (mostly real), your ears take a beating.

But are you saying that even if you were to cut off the brim, your head would still not be able to fit with a foam brim or something similar? I know every helmet I have put on (mostly real), your ears take a beating.

MY head is fine - I have a tiny head. A person with a normal-sized head would find issue and I would HIGHLY suggest a back-off mod to enable the wearer to get the helmet on/off easily.

As I said - I left the final piece of the lower rim off and still had issues getting the file on to wear. A hardened, printed file would be virtually impossible to get on/off without modification to make the rim somewhat larger.

this model lends itself super good for a back off mod, i think the brim is part of the helmet, could be done with foam but i would prefer a sturdier piece. if someone doesnt like it they can take it off.
some helmets are supposed to look and have a tight neck so are imposssible to get into without opeing the helmet.

It wouldt have to split it in half. like i said before i really like the impact props recon helmet. just a quarter of the helmet back under piece comes off.

if we wanted to vacuform a front i would advice desigining it into the helmet. like the locust helmet for example with an edge tohold it in place. and a specially formed vacuform block.
most helmets have a pretty wide fit like te masterchief they depend on a pretty descent neck seal otherwie you will always see your neck so the rule every helmet has a tight fit does not apply. even goes for the odst helmet . that puppy is going to need a lot of pading.

I just took some photographs to highlight the issue with my size tester with a human-sized polystyrene mannequin head (circumference roughly 57-60cm around the forehead). Again, please bear in mind that the size tester does not include the inner rim piece, which would limit the neck of the helmet by a further 10mm or so. As I've said - even missing the lower rim, I struggle to get the helmet on and off easily, and I have a small head. A person with a larger head would find it difficult to wear this file without modification, even considering an up-scale of the model.

I also dashed up something quick in Blender/Photoshop to showcase the back-off mod nintendstroid and I have been discussing.

Attachments

• GUNGNIR rim 1.JPG
    GUNGNIR rim 1.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 722
  • GUNGNIR rim 2.JPG
    GUNGNIR rim 2.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 740
  • gungnir backoff.jpg
    gungnir backoff.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 862
Last edited by a moderator:
I just took some photographs to highlight the issue with my size tester with a human-sized polystyrene mannequin head (circumference roughly 57-60cm around the forehead). Again, please bear in mind that the size tester does not include the inner rim piece, which would limit the neck of the helmet by a further 10mm or so. As I've said - even missing the lower rim, I struggle to get the helmet on and off easily, and I have a small head. A person with a larger head would find it difficult to wear this file without modification, even considering an up-scale of the model.

I also dashed up something quick in Blender/Photoshop to showcase the back-off mod nintendstroid and I have been discussing.

Ah I understand now. But for starters, if your head is close to the size of the mannequins head, then I think you really need to up the scale on the model to begin with. I know compared to the other helmets that this one is quite long.

@Arcanine
Looks like you made a really thight fit on that one. a bit to small even. could you maybe take a picture from the side.
You usually want it to be a bit bigger. and if we would like to make some copies for other people we might want it to fit a bit more spacious.
I don't know what the ingame specs are supposed to be on this thing

Ah I understand now. But for starters, if your head is close to the size of the mannequins head, then I think you really need to up the scale on the model to begin with. I know compared to the other helmets that this one is quite long.

@Arcanine
Looks like you made a really thight fit on that one. a bit to small even. could you maybe take a picture from the side.
You usually want it to be a bit bigger. and if we would like to make some copies for other people we might want it to fit a bit more spacious.
I don't know what the ingame specs are supposed to be on this thing

The actual size of the helmet is fine - the thing I'm driving at here is that the opening is too small. Believe me, I'm taking 'actual fit' into account here, and there's plenty of room once people actually get their heads into the helmet. Check out THIS post for more information - Team Impact's Wetwork build showcases the issue we're facing here fairly well.

To find the scale of the helmet initially I referenced the model against a file with known dimensions, that I have test-built and found to fit (in this case, the Mk V Scout helmet). In this instance, I found that the width of the two helmets were very similar, while the length and height were quite different. With this in mind, I input the width of my Scout helmet file into the Mk V GUNGNIR file and worked off of this value as a benchmark - up-scaling slightly to account for larger heads than my own. To my surprise, the GUNGNIR helmet fits quite well at this scale - it's slightly slim about the ears, but I feel that scaling the helmet up further to compensate for this would make it far too large for the average user. Bear in mind what I said earlier - there's a lot of room in the height and length, making the helmet larger would cause it to look disproportionate to the rest of the armour. There's still plenty of space for padding in all dimensions.

At current scale the helmet is 210mm from temple to temple - my own head is roughly 190mm from temple to temple.

However, for reference, I will heavily emphasize the following:

THE GUNGNIR HELMET SCALE IS FINE AND WILL FIT A NORMALLY-SIZED HUMAN HEAD - THE ISSUE IS THAT THE OPENING BRIM IS TOO SMALL AT FULL SCALE AND REQUIRES USER MODIFICATION FOR WEARING. UP-SCALING THE HELMET FURTHER WOULD RESULT IN IT BEING FAR TOO LARGE, UNLESS SCALED UP TO A LARGER HUMAN.

I included some images that I hope might make my point somewhat clearer:

Attachments

• gungnir comparison 2.jpg
    gungnir comparison 2.jpg
    533.9 KB · Views: 760
  • GUNGNIR comparison 3.JPG
    GUNGNIR comparison 3.JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 803
  • GUNGNIR comparison 4.JPG
    GUNGNIR comparison 4.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 735
  • GUNGNIR comparison 5.JPG
    GUNGNIR comparison 5.JPG
    103.6 KB · Views: 822
  • GUNGNIR comparison 6.JPG
    GUNGNIR comparison 6.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 729
  • gungnir comparison 1.jpg
    gungnir comparison 1.jpg
    307.8 KB · Views: 865
THE GUNGNIR HELMET SCALE IS FINE AND WILL FIT A NORMALLY-SIZED HUMAN HEAD - THE ISSUE IS THAT THE OPENING BRIM IS TOO SMALL AT FULL SCALE AND REQUIRES USER MODIFICATION FOR WEARING. UP-SCALING THE HELMET FURTHER WOULD RESULT IN IT BEING FAR TOO LARGE, UNLESS SCALED UP TO A LARGER HUMAN.

Wow, I didn't know the actual size of the helmet was that small, but with that side cut-away view you can see that it fits perfectly. That definitely explains the problem better. For some reason I thought the helmet didn't sit tilted down that far.

Now for a fix I don't really see an easy way, I think the most realistic way to do it is to make the entire back piece out of some flexible material. Because even if you make a cut-away back, you will have a seam, and you will still be dealing with a hard brim, and if you were to make the brim out of some other material, you might as well make the entire thing out of it. It would also give you the most realistic texture.

I do have one question. Your ears will fit fine between the metalish pieces the connect the brim right? Or is there not enough room there either?

I will try to ponder on this more tomorrow.

Helmet something.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back