Master Builder's Model Releasing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, thanks everyone! I didn't expect the feedback.

Looks like some other great work dude!
did you model him in high detail first and then unfold him or what is your method for making something like this?

This all still falls into the low-poly category. There is absolutely no need for a high poly model here (unless you were going to be printing, but thats out of the question). When I refer to "high-poly" I literally mean at least in the millions of polys. Like this:
wire frame of a high poly model.jpg Now I don't directly work with that many polys. I use a sud-d workflow for my high-poly models.

Anyways it's a mixture of a bunch of different steps that I would rather not type out, sorry but I'm not the typing type. Basically I use the game-ripped assets as a base, then I clean them up, remove the triangulation (to get back to a quad workflow) and fix things, make surfaces planer, etc. Once thats done, I start building back up what has been taken away (high-poly model used to create low-poly model, looks like they may have use an automated simplification in some areas (it removes stuff you should rather leave, and does not remove stuff that is utterly useless. Stuff = geometry). Sorry for the extremely bad explanations.

I may come up with some tutorials and document explaining some techniques used in todays game asset creation, and go into some high-poly modeling using subdivision. And possibly materials and shaders. but of course none of that is used in costuming. So I may make some tutorials on just low-poly modeling for paper builds, and pepakura. Or maybe just some video of me working through a model.

Anyways thanks for the feedback!

Simply outstanding. I can't think of any other words to describe your work.

Yours is up next!

Hi Master Builder i was trying to enter the halo 4/5 master chief armor set but it wont let me, do you know the reason or its a private link ?

Hi Master Builder i was trying to enter the halo 4/5 master chief armor set but it wont let me, do you know the reason or its a private link ?

Sorry about that. There was an accident and some of my files got removed. I'll reupload the asap.

Thanks,

EDIT: I got the files back up, enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back