Master Builder's Model Releasing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh.... yeah, if you made the entire brim piece out of a rubbery/flexible material you'd be able to fit the helmet on without issue. Might be a bit of a squash getting your ears in, but I'd say no more so than if you were putting on a normal motorcycle helmet.

At the scale of 293mm, as I suggested initially, you'd have 174mm of opening at the widest point of the brim, just beneath the backs of the side vents. I do believe that'd be manageable.

Uh.... yeah, if you made the entire brim piece out of a rubbery/flexible material you'd be able to fit the helmet on without issue. Might be a bit of a squash getting your ears in, but I'd say no more so than if you were putting on a normal motorcycle helmet.

At the scale of 293mm, as I suggested initially, you'd have 174mm of opening at the widest point of the brim, just beneath the backs of the side vents. I do believe that'd be manageable.

Yeah 6.9 inches should be fine for you. You might be able to use just EVA foam. If you can get that contour to turnout nice and smooth. And then carve the grooves into it.

Added credit to @Arcanine for model extraction. Very sorry I didn't do this before, I must have overlooked it.

Last edited by a moderator:
tadaaaaaa finished! I had some trouble with printer and I had to print other peoples stuff so it took some time for me to finish this one up.
total printing time on high detail was around 6 days straight if i count up the hours.

but thats not bad for high quality print and only having to switch out the filament and clean the printing area as work. FullSizeRender.jpg

tadaaaaaa finished! I had some trouble with printer and I had to print other peoples stuff so it took some time for me to finish this one up.
total printing time on high detail was around 6 days straight if i count up the hours.

but thats not bad for high quality print and only having to switch out the filament and clean the printing area as work.View attachment 4747

WOW!! That turned out nice!!

Thanks for showing. At first glance, I was like what??? green square? It very quickly popped into my mind that it was a different partitions. Still looks goofy at first glance, especially with how accurately it's aiming at the camera.

I knew I took a long time to print high quality models, but never knew it took that long!

yeah i could have printed it a bit lower looking back.

because i had to print for someone else i finished a color so i started green and then yellow again.

Ill throw on a quick slap of primer so you can see the detail better. and wont look as goofy.
the weight and feel is pretty good.

Big update! Finished the female scout armor, check the first post for details.
Please let me know what you all think of how I'm going about making reference.

Also added female undersuit reference. Reference for the male undersuit and colored ones are very soon to come.

That is pretty stinking sweet! Awesome render! Was Arcanine the one to provide the references for the scout armor? I was thinking that it would be awesome to have for all of the halo 4 armors. And again good job on the scout armor!

That is pretty stinking sweet! Awesome render! Was Arcanine the one to provide the references for the scout armor? I was thinking that it would be awesome to have for all of the halo 4 armors. And again good job on the scout armor!

No, I made all the renders. Arcanine extracted the game models and textures for me, which was a huge help because I don't want to download a huge ISO file to do it myself.

Hey thanks for your positive feedback!

Thats what I want to do here on the 405th, set new standards for the models and PODs.

Update: added reference for the Halo Reach gungnir helmet, and male/female undersuits, colored and not colored.

Check the initial post for more details.

I was just wondering how the heck does one extract the game models and textures? Just out of curiosity. I

I mean no offence, but from a purely ethical standpoint, the 405th isn't the place to be discussing the specifics and processes of obtaining Bungie/343i's assets. They're kind enough to let us obtain and use the assets we can get, but it's probably not best to bait them by openly entering into discussions upon how those files are obtained here - the processes involve using their game files beyond their intended purpose, which could invite legal action.

Suffice it to say that we have those assets, and we're able to use them. Google would be the best place to sate your curiosity without risking issues on the site.

I mean no offence, but from a purely ethical standpoint, the 405th isn't the place to be discussing the specifics and processes of obtaining Bungie/343i's assets. They're kind enough to let us obtain and use the assets we can get, but it's probably not best to bait them by openly entering into discussions upon how those files are obtained here - the processes involve using their game files beyond their intended purpose, which could invite legal action.

Suffice it to say that we have those assets, and we're able to use them. Google would be the best place to sate your curiosity without risking issues on the site.

You're totally right! Sorry I didn't think about it before I spoke. And I would like to keep this thread rather clean if at all possible. So if you anybody has questions not related to the models or requests, you can just send me a message.

Update: Added a terms of use, please read it. Added some reference for Sarah Palmer, and a hand full of comparison shots.

You can find it all on the first page.

Stay tuned, there's a big release coming! Like a Master release! Teaser.

You have some amazing model work. Youre armors have been so smooth, im glad you were able to model that Mechagodzilla head for me before you got busy!

Looks like some other great work dude!
did you model him in high detail first and then unfold him or what is your method for making something like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back