First Master cheif (foam) build wip

Status
Not open for further replies.

sincerelykatie

Jr Member
hi everyone finally started my ( miss ) Master chief build from eva foam. This is my first Halo suit so i'm learning my way round as i go.

Hoping to get this done for 22-23 Nov for convention so going to be busy i think :)

Kate

10614151_4770176667906_8815273801287037628_n.jpg

I think i see what your saying it is a work in progress and i am here to learn. still making changes at the moment.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks awsome! Which convention are you going to?

I think mcm Birmingham is the next one that is fairly close to me so will try and make it for that one.

spent this weekend working on some more pieces ...just a small update still a lot to do. Ordered some plasti dip a new product for me. still learning as i go.

Any advice welcome
kate

mc.jpg

I'd say your first suit of SPARTAN armour is shaping up quite nicely there, Kate. Looks like you've gotten the shape and contours correct, imho.

I agree using the EVA foam is easier to do than the whole Pep to fiberglass approach. Are you using an X-acto knife to cut through the foam, or a hot knife?

I'm not anywhere near as far along with mine as yours is, though I know what you mean about the hot glue gun, lol. Burned myself good a few times so far :p

I'd say your first suit of SPARTAN armour is shaping up quite nicely there, Kate. Looks like you've gotten the shape and contours correct, imho.

I agree using the EVA foam is easier to do than the whole Pep to fiberglass approach. Are you using an X-acto knife to cut through the foam, or a hot knife?

I'm not anywhere near as far along with mine as yours is, though I know what you mean about the hot glue gun, lol. Burned myself good a few times so far :p

Hey thanks, still a ton of work to do and waiting on Helmet delivery, a lot of plasti dip to do but decided to leave that till i have nearly all of most of the foam work done. Im using an x-acto knife a lot of blades and a dremel to clean up edges. Should invest in a hot knife though really as will be doing a mini sized Rookie for my son too :p

Hey thanks, still a ton of work to do and waiting on Helmet delivery, a lot of plasti dip to do but decided to leave that till i have nearly all of most of the foam work done. Im using an x-acto knife a lot of blades and a dremel to clean up edges. Should invest in a hot knife though really as will be doing a mini sized Rookie for my son too :p

I'm only using an X-acto knife too for cutting out the pieces for my Reach armour, hadn't thought of using a Dremel for the edges though. I'm going to be going along the same lines of what LilTyrant did for her KAT armour build --> http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/35790-KAT-ARMOR-BUILD-with-custom-undersuit. Hopefully my efforts will come close to hers.

I am seriously considering investing in a hot knife though, as I find even with a fresh blade it doesn't quite cut all the way through the 1/2-inch thick EVA foam floor mats I'm using as the base for my Reach armour. When I go to remove the piece I just cut out, the bottom edge always ends up a little torn. I find it rather aggravating.

Unfortunately, I've been having some difficulty finding any hot knifes locally, and I don't necessarily want to go online for fear of overinflated shipping costs.

How old is your son, btw? I can only imagine what a pair the two of you would make; a petite SPARTAN and an even smaller ODST. Dare I say, that'd be very cute :D

Thanks guys...still working away changed up a few things fitted some magnets to the chest plate for ease of getting on and off...oh and btw my son is 7 and Rookie is his favourite ..just might have some issues with sizing as im no expert in that haha! :p

Your armor is looking pretty awesome! Btw I'm glad to see another SPARTAN girl here :D

Thanks guys...still working away changed up a few things fitted some magnets to the chest plate for ease of getting on and off...oh and btw my son is 7 and Rookie is his favourite ..just might have some issues with sizing as im no expert in that haha! :p

So then, I take it you're going with magnets instead of parachute clips (which most people use) for the torso at least? I've been contemplating whether or not to do that myself for the connection points on my HALO Reach torso.

As for properly sizing the ODST parts to fit your son, I'm sure it's doable. I don't know just what the scale would have to be as I'm 5'8" and so have never had to scale the armour that small, lol, but I don't see why you couldn't get it to work out right.

Chest plate update applied 2 coats of plastidip to the entire outside ...not sure if i should add more before painting? It is looking much smoother any help on this as i am new to plastidip ...how many layers would you guys recommend ?

10710915_4824759672447_2857063811102620327_n.jpg10628338_4824768272662_3479682075318705709_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back