15241355458_a9a48d0471_b.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 3,383
  • 15241405997_ce6f79cfb7_b.jpg
    15241405997_ce6f79cfb7_b.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 1,653
  • 15241350167_fc883ddfe0_b.jpg
    15241350167_fc883ddfe0_b.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 701
wow that looks amazing! are you working on a pulse rifle? id love to see a pulse rifle with this much detail!

Attachments

• 15429101482_2ca46ee83a_b.jpg
    15429101482_2ca46ee83a_b.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 485
  • 14256163135_d03bd8504f_b.jpg
    14256163135_d03bd8504f_b.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 743
Was getting a final export today, realized I had a bunch of sketches in this, rendered them all out for kicks.

15269617310_3a7abdddad_h.jpgTheLastWord_lines1 by vrogy, on Flickr

Attachments

• 15269617310_3a7abdddad_h.jpg
    15269617310_3a7abdddad_h.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 563
I wish people made these by hand rather than printing them..that would be impressive. Nice work on the modelling none the less.

You're not the guy I saw on the 405th's Facebook page calling those who use 3D printers 'spoiled brats', by any chance?

There's no shame in using a printer to achieve a higher-quality prop - plus, the work that goes into finishing a printed prop can often equal that spent on creating something from scratch by hand. Let's try to not bring our personal colours on the techniques used in creating these props here, and instead just enjoy the products that come from our endeavours, yes?

All I can do is lol at Vrogy's 'nope' response. Pretty much sums up the debates worthiness as a subject of controversy.

You're not the guy I saw on the 405th's Facebook page calling those who use 3D printers 'spoiled brats', by any chance?

There's no shame in using a printer to achieve a higher-quality prop - plus, the work that goes into finishing a printed prop can often equal that spent on creating something from scratch by hand. Let's try to not bring our personal colours on the techniques used in creating these props here, and instead just enjoy the products that come from our endeavours, yes?

I didn't say it for you to start an argument, also I'm showing no disrespect - this kind of work is amazing and I'm nothing but impressed with peoples ability to do such work - it's way out of my skillset if saying that makes any difference. What I meant (sorry to have to explain this in comprehensible terms for you) by my post is:

"These models are amazingly detailed and clearly designed for the more accurate, complex processes used by printers. They will look mind-blowingly accurate and impressive once completed. Because I like to see things made by someone by hand from scratch it would be a real treat for me to be able to see that also - I would be very impressed to see a highly skilled craftmans approach and end result in comparison to the printers finished item."

Does that clarify it for you enough? Or is there a personal grudge you have against me or my sentence construction?

(sorry to have to explain this in comprehensible terms for you)

I'll ignore the implied insult there.

Regardless: no, I don't have a personal grudge against you. However, as a modeller myself, it's often very annoying and tiresome to see traditionalists rant and rave about how the trade is dying by degrees to industry improvements such as 3D printers and CAD software.

You like your custom, hand-made, bespoke items. That's cool, that's chill. However, it's inappropriate to be voicing how you'd like to see an item hand-built when the topic subject is specifically based upon CAD/rapid-prototyping. Keep it on-topic.

I'll ignore the implied insult there.

Regardless: no, I don't have a personal grudge against you. However, as a modeller myself, it's often very annoying and tiresome to see traditionalists rant and rave about how the trade is dying by degrees to industry improvements such as 3D printers and CAD software.

You like your custom, hand-made, bespoke items. That's cool, that's chill. However, it's inappropriate to be voicing how you'd like to see an item hand-built when the topic subject is specifically based upon CAD/rapid-prototyping. Keep it on-topic.

Then why bring it to this thread where no -one but you is bringing any 'very annoying and tiresome' rants? Leave it at the door huh and comment on the op not your perception of what you think other people have posted. I'm not the one that needs to chill, I'm the one who seems to have to explain his posts for you. Implied or otherwise. Just because you're tired of reading other peoples - traditionalists as you put it - opinions, that doesn't give you the right to take that frustration out on me because you misunderstood my post, also I'm free to word my comments however I please - it's not your place to tell me what I can and can't post here I'm afraid as long as it's polite and not antagonising..which my original post clearly wasn't meant to be whether you took it that way or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back