UNSC CAMS Officer Uniform (Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottJackson117

Member DIN
S717
G'day, and let's get to it.

I started this around 2013. Just started getting into cosplay and decided to make something myself. I saw the green CAMS officer uniform in Halo 4 Forward Unto Dawn and decided to make it.

In this thread, I will post my reference images and documentation leading up to my current uniform which is nearly perfected. I have other cosplay projects in the planning stage and I will post separate threads for those as well.

Of course, in the series, then Commander Lasky wears a black variant with the EUG emblem. I assume the same applies.

Hope this will be helpful to any one who also has a similar endeavour.

Reference Images

View attachment 4483
View attachment 4484
View attachment 4485
View attachment 4486
View attachment 4487
View attachment 4488
View attachment 4489
View attachment 4490
View attachment 4491
View attachment 4498
View attachment 4492
View attachment 4494
View attachment 4493
View attachment 4495
View attachment 4496
View attachment 4497
View attachment 4499
View attachment 4500
View attachment 4501
View attachment 4502
View attachment 4503
View attachment 4504
View attachment 4505
View attachment 4506

Cont>>

And here are my documentation images:

The first WIP
250520136480.jpg

The second prototype which I wore as a shakedown
WIP_V2.jpg

- Green suiting material
- The grey parts are Homespun (may change the colour to a slightly darker tone)
- The belt buckles were from webbing belts coloured in a moron/copper paint. Moulded the extrusions with blue tack (you can shoot me for that XD )
- The base shoulder board has 20 thin layers of interfacing, while the top board with the rank stripes has a thick board to give it a more professional feel.
- The stripes look too gold compared to the images. I got confused with some images due to light/filter contamination. On one hand it's goldish, and on another it's closer to yellow.
- The name tag was hand-carved out of bulsa wood. I will make another one with spray paint for a smooth finish and sand out the engraving for a cleaner look.
- The collar looks hideous I know. I intend to properly embroid the rank in after I adjust the suit. I will also embroid the CAMS emblem. (Or even the 405th emblem)
- I will re-sew the seams and iron them properly
- The main front parts have some interfacing in them. I'll redo those pieces so they dont reveal the sewing marks when they stretch out with the belt.

Overall, It's getting there. I'm confident the next iteration will be better. But of course, I would love feedback from you.
Other uniforms I am working on are:
- Halo 4 Cpt Lasky BDU
- Halo 4 Trooper
- Halo 4 FUD CAMS recruit uniform

If there is anyone who has any more questions or wants more photos and descriptions regarding the process or what I used, please let me know.

Here is my final version for the midnight launch of the Master Chief collection in Penrith.

Finally embroidered the 405th emblem as well as the collar rank. Happy with it so far but as always, room for improvement

Cosplay.JPG.

Wow, that is really awesome. I can safely say, thats the first one I've ever seen. Can't wait to see the other iterations!

Thanks man! Next uniform might be the black version, or Captain Keyes uniform. Got my eyes on Halo: Nightfall though. We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back