Mwmanus' EMILE ARMOR BUILD - upgrades in progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: EMILE ARMOR BUILD - attempting to make game accurate

update time!!!!!!!

ok so its been a while, I haven't posted anything since last year, but I'm finally getting back around to working on this stuff, so here goes:

alright, first of all, I finished a little more on the torso, I added the pieces I was missing on the neck:

torso neck piece.jpg

and I also added some buckles to the sides to make it easier to put on and remove:

torso buckle.jpg

I also worked on the handplates, a bicep and my other forearm:

both handplates.JPG bicep.jpg both forearms.JPG

here it is all together as well as with the gloves I'm going to wear and my unfinished magnum:

bicep forearm and handplate.JPG forearm and handplate with glove and magnum.JPG glove with forearm and magnum.JPG

last but not least I've been working on pieces for the legs:

so far I made one knee and added the other knee piece to the shin:

knee.jpg shin with knee piece.JPG

I'm still working on my first thigh piece but its almost finished:

thigh.jpg

I'm also in progress with one of the boots:

shin and boot.jpg

by the way, if anyone has a better file for the reach boots, please send me a link or the file itself, I'm not too satisfied with the current file i have, the toe piece is way too wide, it looks really bulky and sort of annoys me with how bulky it looks

ok, so one more thing, apparently in my last update, one of the pictures didn't show, so heres what it is:

it was a picture of the sliced DMR and magnum i made:

DMR and magnum.JPG

that's all for now, hopefully my next update won't take so long

torso neck piece.jpg

torso buckle.jpg

both handplates.JPG

bicep.jpg

both forearms.JPG

bicep forearm and handplate.JPG

forearm and handplate with glove and magnum.JPG

glove with forearm and magnum.JPG

knee.jpg

shin with knee piece.JPG

thigh.jpg

shin and boot.jpg

DMR and magnum.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

man you doing some awesome work, I had a idea for tinting the visor I made a gold visor for a helmet I made by spraying the inside of the visor lightly with gold spray paint, it is a bit hard to see thou, hope it helps.

man you doing some awesome work, I had a idea for tinting the visor I made a gold visor for a helmet I made by spraying the inside of the visor lightly with gold spray paint, it is a bit hard to see thou, hope it helps.

Thanks! And yeah I've looked into lightly spray painting the visor, but I have a few other ideas I'm gonna test out before I go that route with it, some that might offer better visibility while wearing the helmet, I'd like to be able to see so I can walk around with the helmet on. I plan on being in the dragon con parade this year so I will need to be able to see where I'm going

looking good! I will be watching this one for sure

Ok so small update

Nothing huge but I made the breacher attachment for the right arm:

WP_20150331_005.jpg WP_20150331_006.jpg

And I managed to plasti-dip a few of the things the other day:

WP_20150331_11_44_43_Pro.jpg

Thats it for now, but I'm currently working on a new boot, from a file I unfolded from one of the game assets I found

Hopefully I'll get another big update up soon

WP_20150331_005.jpg

WP_20150331_006.jpg

WP_20150331_11_44_43_Pro.jpg

Alright, so I'm over half way to my deadline (Dragon Con 2015) from when I started and I'm not quite even half way done with my armor, but I'm cracking down these next few months and I'm making a schedule for myself which will hopefully put things in perspective a bit more for me and hopefully push me to work on it nonstop in my free time, so wish me luck as I try to crank out the rest of my suit in 5 months. Hopefully I can finish this thing in time, its gonna be tough

hey man it's looking great so far!

update time!!!!!

So I've been cracking down on all my armor making and I've made a bit of progress, I've unfolded a bunch of files that I'm more satisfied with than others I've found on the site. I've also finished/mostly finished a few pieces of the armor, as well as a magnum

The first piece of armor I finished was my right boot, I managed to find a standard Spartan obj game asset file that I made a boot pep file from

WP_20150409_19_08_51_Pro.jpg

I also drew up some templates for pattern of the sole of the boot and used some Foamies to make them, I know they probably won't last but I just wanted to go the extra mile, I also used almost a whole can of plasti-dip to give the sole a thick coat so maybe it'll stand a better chance

WP_20150412_001.jpg WP_20150413_14_39_59_Pro.jpg

I've run out of time to finish this update right now because I tried doing this on my break at work, but I'll finish the update when I get home in a little while

WP_20150409_19_08_51_Pro.jpg

WP_20150412_001.jpg

WP_20150413_14_39_59_Pro.jpg

Very smooth looking foam. Good job. love the boots

Thanks guys! I can't wait to see it done either xD and I love the boots too, they turned out much better than I had expected, its actually quite comfortable too xD

Hopefully I'll be able to finish up the rest of my update when I get home, my internet has been acting real funny the last couple days, so I may not get to....cross your fingers :/

ok so update continued.....

ok well I got my internet working again, so heres the rest of my update

the next thing I got finished was the operator shoulder attachment, and I also went ahead and attached it to the left bicep

operator shoulder.jpg

its not 100% done, but all I've gotta add are a few details

next up, I bought a utility bag for the left thigh, though since I only have the right thigh done, it will be a work in progress until I finish the other thigh, but heres some pictures anyway

utility bag 1.jpg utility bag 2.jpg

and finally........................... I saved the best for last (in my opinion anyway xD)

I made a magnum pistol, now its not the best one out there, its definitely not 100% accurate, but I just wanted to make one quick and cheap in the mean time until I have more time or money to make or buy a better one. also if I have time after I get everything else done, I plan on making an assault rifle, but in the mean time heres the magnum!!!!!!!

magnum core.jpg I cut out a the main outline for the core of the gun

magnum layers 1.jpg then I added some detail layers

magnum slide.jpg magnum slide 2.jpg I added the slide, and then added some details for the sight, hammer, and slide grip

magnum done 1.jpg magnum done 2.jpg then last but not least, I added most of the rest of the details, all I need is to route out a couple holes for the sights and stuff, plus add some small screws in the grip

so there you go, that's my update for the week, i'll try to get some more stuff done soon and hopefully have an update for you guys next week

operator shoulder.jpg

utility bag 1.jpg

utility bag 2.jpg

magnum core.jpg

magnum layers 1.jpg

magnum slide.jpg

magnum slide 2.jpg

magnum done 1.jpg

magnum done 2.jpg

That magnum is sick, but I'm also excited about the rest of the build. Very shortly here, I'm going to be kicking up production in foam for my H3 Mark VI. :D

Nice build. The m6 is clean. WOW

That magnum is sick, but I'm also excited about the rest of the build. Very shortly here, I'm going to be kicking up production in foam for my H3 Mark VI. :D

Nice build. The m6 is clean. WOW

Thanks guys, I'm really proud of how well the magnum turned out, it was just a quick build, so i wasn't expecting it to be as good as it is. Its not the best, but I'm happy with it. And arma, I'm looking forward to your build, I've always liked the H2 and H3 versions of chief in particular, I plan on making a set of my own in the future

Also, just a quick update, just cause I can xD

I finished plasti-dipping the pistol and it looks amazing (in my opinion, at least)

WP_20150424_13_36_17_Pro.jpg

And I've also started my next build, its just a back/side view, but can anyone guess what it is yet???

WP_20150426_001.jpg

Thats all, carry on Spartans xD

I'm really digging the pistol. Great work.

Well its been about two weeks but I managed to finish up something worth an update.....

So here it is, update time!!!!!!

I posted a little sneak peak a while back but I finally finished what I was working on

My helmet!!!

wp_ss_20150510_0006.png

I know most of you probably were expecting a vacuum formed visor, but I don't have the time or patience to learn how to make one and actually make one, so I went ahead and made the visor with foam and I got an idea from sandbagger to use video glasses and a camera to be able to see out of it, so I'm going to try going that route for now, and maybe later make a better visor for it, but not yet

Well that's it for now, if anyone wants to see any more pictures of it, I can post more but that's all I had time for at the moment. Hopefully my next update won't take so long

wp_ss_20150510_0006.png

You might be able to get away with cutting out the eyes where the sketched face is, and then overlay cutouts of visor film or plastic so you can see. Just a thought : )

You might be able to get away with cutting out the eyes where the sketched face is, and then overlay cutouts of visor film or plastic so you can see. Just a thought : )

Yeah I actually thought of something like that but I'm just not sure if I would be able to blend it in well enough for it to look right and to still be able to see through it, but it is one of my back up options I've thought about, thanks though xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back