Mwmanus' EMILE ARMOR BUILD - upgrades in progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: EMILE ARMOR BUILD - attempting to make game accurate

I feel like it might be possible to commission a vacuformed visor from somebody on here who's already got the equipment and the skills. After all, we're all here to help each other, right? Just a thought.

I feel like it might be possible to commission a vacuformed visor from somebody on here who's already got the equipment and the skills. After all, we're all here to help each other, right? Just a thought.

Very true, but I'm just trying to do everything myself before I resort to having someone else make it for me, I do this more for the fun of making things and knowing that I made it, than just to have things or to get things done

Hey, I totally respect that. It kinda takes away the magic when someone else did it for you, huh?

Hey, I totally respect that. It kinda takes away the magic when someone else did it for you, huh?

Yeah a little, though if they can do it better than I can then sometimes that makes up for it xD

Looking great! every bit of it looks insanely well done! Love the work on the torso piece

I commissioned my weapons. I can build a jetpack but not a knife. go figure. but I want that m6g you made. its perfect. Your build all together is awesome

I commissioned my weapons. I can build a jetpack but not a knife. go figure. but I want that m6g you made. its perfect. Your build all together is awesome

Thanks! I'm really happy with how everything is turning out, though the magnum is nowhere near perfect, maybe at a glance it looks that way, but truly it has quite a few flaws that make it much less than perfect, but I am very happy that it turned out as well as it did, I was expecting much worse results xD though if you really want one, I wouldn't mind commissioning one for you, though I wouldn't be able to get around to it until I'm relatively done with my armor, I'm trying to finish in time for dragon con this year, its in september. PM me if you're interested though, I may be able to work it in some time soon if you are

I don't know if anyone is interested, but as far as I've seen, many of the pep files I used to make my armor aren't on this site or anywhere else, at least not set up like I have them, many of my files were unfolded from obj files and arranged for foam by me, such as my boot file, I took it from a game asset file I found, and there are many other files, several of which I've used and a few more that I haven't yet, but you will see in the future as I finish my work. However all of my files are set up and ready to print for foam, if I get enough interest, I will upload any and all of the files I have used that were customized by myself, and I will attach links to any that I used from other areas on the site

Just let me know if anyone would like any of my files, like I said if I get enough interest, I will start posting them, either here or in a new thread, otherwise I won't bother posting any until much later

sweet I love good reach foam files. and stunning work it makes me want to go and redo my armor.
but on a side note how many layers of plastydip did you use I just use thick tacky glue and it dose not look as good.

sweet I love good reach foam files. and stunning work it makes me want to go and redo my armor.
but on a side note how many layers of plastydip did you use I just use thick tacky glue and it dose not look as good.

I used as many layers as I saw fit, I don't have a set number that I do, I just spray a good thick first coat, let it dry, then I look for any areas the first coat missed, like in small spaces, and I try to fill them in by spraying them first, then I give it a good thick second coat, if that looks good to me when it dries then I leave it, though more often than not I prefer to give it a third coat or more. It just depends, so if I had to guess, probably about three coats does a good job, though the more coats you use, the more durable the piece will be, like for my boot that I made, on the sole I put probably 5 coats, maybe more, not sure, and then maybe 3-5 coats as I went up. Its more of a personal preference at a certain point, but the more coats the better, but don't put too many cause it does start to build up and you loose small detail and sharp edges become rounded, so just experiment with it and you'll find what you prefer. And I use the spray kind by the way, not the brush on one, it leaves brush strokes sometimes and takes much longer to apply

Well there's one in favor of some file uploads, anyone else? I have all the base armor for reach Spartans and all of emile's permutations, plus more. Feel free to ask what I have, and I'll also take requests as long as they're reasonable and I can find or have a good file for it

ok, so its been a while, I've been busy and distracted by a lot of other stuff lately, so I haven't gotten a ton of work done, but at least I have something, sooooooooo........

UPDATE TIME!!!!!! YAY!!! :D

Well the first thing I have for you guys is the cod piece

cod piece front.jpg cod piece back.jpg cod piece buckles.jpg

I put two buckles on the inside where the sides and the front connect to make it easier to put on and take off, obviously

so the next thing is my other boot, somewhere earlier in the thread I made the first one, but I finally got around to finish up the other

boots.jpg

and for my next trick...... the undersuit, its not really a big deal or anything, I just bought a set of under armour to wear as my undersuit

I got a shirt, a pair of pants, and I also bought a balaclava style mask to use as my neck seal and to kind of keep my hair in line (for anyone who doesn't know, I have really long hair....and no I'm not a girl)

undersuit.jpg

also, because I know that as I move, my armor and undersuit will move a bit too, so I decided to use some heavy duty snaps, sort of like you would find on a jacket or something. I'm going to put them on the waist of both the shirt and pants of the undersuit so they don't drift apart and expose skin and so I don't have to constantly adjust them to keep them where they should be. I'm also gonna put some on the neck of the shirt and mask to keep the mask from riding up my neck, as I have found out that it does when I put it on. I also plan to use these to attach free hanging armor such as the cod piece or the thighs and maybe the biceps and forearms to keep them still as they like to move around as I move sometimes

snaps.jpg

next are my gloves, I haven't quite finished them but I have one sort of done, I added some details to the fingers to make it look more like they do in the game

glove with details.JPG glove with details and magnum.JPG

ok, well that's pretty much it, at least for whats new anyway, but I recorded a test run of me putting the full suit on (or at least what all I have done so far, which is pretty much all but one thigh)

suit on bed.jpg wearing suit.jpg

I'm sorry its not the best picture, its the best I could do with what I had, I recorded the test run on a video camera and I just paused it and took a picture with my phone.

I put the entire suit on by myself and it took about 23 minutes just kind of slowly and casually putting it on, but hopefully with some help from my girlfriend i'll be able to put it on faster at cons

well that's it for now, I will probably be updating my first post soon to show pictures of each piece of armor in its current state and i'll update the pictures as I work on each piece, let me know what you guys think, thanks for stopping by

cod piece front.jpg

cod piece back.jpg

cod piece buckles.jpg

boots.jpg

undersuit.jpg

snaps.jpg

glove with details.JPG

glove with details and magnum.JPG

suit on bed.jpg

wearing suit.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Here's another quick UPDATE for you guys.......

First and foremost, I made my left thigh, which was the last piece of base armor that I needed to make, so I am happy to say that I now have a full set of armor, now I just need to finish up the attachments and paint everything

Anyway, here's the left thigh with the tactical pouch plate

WP_20150712_12_41_35_Pro.jpg WP_20150712_12_42_06_Pro.jpg WP_20150712_12_41_46_Pro.jpg

The pouch in the last picture is just laying in it right now, I'll attach it after I plasti-dip the piece

And the next thing I have for you guys, which I've already posted in a few other places including the marketplace.....

My finished Magnum!!!

WP_20150715_16_22_54_Pro.jpg WP_20150715_16_23_01_Pro.jpg

Like i said, I posted the Magnum in the marketplace, so if anyone is interested, either head there and check out my post or just p.m. Me and let me know you're interested.

I'm not selling them just yet, but I decided to make a post there to try and see how much interest there would be for one, just p.m. Me and I'll put you on my list and I'll make plenty for everyone, I don't have a firm price yet, so feel free to make an offer

WP_20150712_12_41_35_Pro.jpg

WP_20150712_12_42_06_Pro.jpg

WP_20150712_12_41_46_Pro.jpg

WP_20150715_16_22_54_Pro.jpg

WP_20150715_16_23_01_Pro.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

In case anyone was wondering, I did manage to make my deadline for dragon con, I had to stay up for 48 straight hours to finish it, but I finished none the less (well finished enough to make it wearable)

I will post more pictures after dragon con, but here is a photo taken during the 405th photo shoot

V__1CF3.jpg

Very nice! Your suit looks great. Can't wait to see my pictures of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back