Mwmanus' EMILE ARMOR BUILD - upgrades in progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: EMILE ARMOR BUILD - FINISHED (game accurate)

This looks great! The whole thing together looks fantastic. My kid is a big Emile fan and wants to try making an Emile suit while waiting for me to finish his Mk VI so here is the first "yes" vote in your thread for uploading template files. Like you said, there aren't any Emile files yet in the Archive. Pep files would be even better, but they don't seem to exist yet either.

Sweet! Hope you're having fun at Dragoncon!

This looks great! The whole thing together looks fantastic. My kid is a big Emile fan and wants to try making an Emile suit while waiting for me to finish his Mk VI so here is the first "yes" vote in your thread for uploading template files. Like you said, there aren't any Emile files yet in the Archive. Pep files would be even better, but they don't seem to exist yet either.

Awesome work!!!

Thanks guys, sorry for the late response, I've been busy fixing up my suit after I got back. Dragon con was awesome, I had a ton of fun.

I fully intend to upload my files to the site at some point, hopefully soon, but I have another con coming up in October thats keeping me busy in the meantime though. I've gotta make some repairs and upgrades to my suit and I'm also building a foam DMR to go along with the suit.

Hopefully I'll get some pictures up soon, and I'll work on getting those files uploaded asap for you RobotChicken, they're all foam files though, so if you intend to do the pep method then you'll have to change the files yourself

The attention to detail in this is incredible.

Thank you sir! I tried my best to make it as game accurate as I could, though I ended up cutting many corners, but it turned out better than I expected in the end.

I'm also starting a new project for those of you who are interested to know

WP_20150912_01_45_02_Pro.jpg

I may end up starting a new thread for this build as well as future weapon builds, I'll post a link if I do though

EDIT: also if anyone could tell me if the pictures in post #59 are showing up at all, that would be really helpful, because they all just show up as links that say attachment and have a string of numbers when I look at it, very annoying

Who thinks I should start a Jorge build? I'm debating on starting a new build or taking a break for a bit? Who wants to see Jorge, machine gun and all?

"I'm still trying to figure out what to do for the visor, all my ideas either failed, or worked but I couldn't see through the visor, so I may just have to settle and only have the helmet for quick photo ops. I would appreciate any ideas to help with that though, I've looked all over the place on the forum to find ideas and most of the ones I found were the same as my ideas or not quite what I was looking for."

Have your tried looking into Hydrodipping? it's relatively new, and typically used on gun stocks, but I believe they do work for visor for motorcycle helmets.... Look into that, that maybe a good avenue to go down. of course, you would have to provide the visor to them.

"I'm still trying to figure out what to do for the visor, all my ideas either failed, or worked but I couldn't see through the visor, so I may just have to settle and only have the helmet for quick photo ops. I would appreciate any ideas to help with that though, I've looked all over the place on the forum to find ideas and most of the ones I found were the same as my ideas or not quite what I was looking for."

Have your tried looking into Hydrodipping? it's relatively new, and typically used on gun stocks, but I believe they do work for visor for motorcycle helmets.... Look into that, that maybe a good avenue to go down. of course, you would have to provide the visor to them.

Thank you for the input, but I don't believe you quite understood what I was talking about, the thing I needed was the visor itself, not the design on the visor, so hydro dipping wouldn't be helpful to me, besides, I'm well beyond that point in my build, I'm not sure if you even finished reading down my thread, or even read the title, but this build is finished, thank you though

awesome. just awesome! hopefully mine will look at least nearly as good as this! You're right, your operator shoulder came out great. I'm still toying with the idea of redoing it. I guess it's a minor part I can go back and change if i have time. as someone who really likes doing this too - i really love the attention to detail!

awesome. just awesome! hopefully mine will look at least nearly as good as this! You're right, your operator shoulder came out great. I'm still toying with the idea of redoing it. I guess it's a minor part I can go back and change if i have time. as someone who really likes doing this too - i really love the attention to detail!

Thank you very much! I took alot of time trying to get as much detail from the game as I could, I love accuracy. If you do decide to redo your operator shoulder and want to use the file I have, just let me know. its a game asset file so its taken straight from the game, and I turned it into a foam file for pepakura to make it easy to use. I eventually plan on uploading all the files I used that aren't already on the site somewhere, but I've been saying that for a while now, so I'm not sure when that will be xD

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On another note, I was looking through this thread and realized I actually haven't posted all the progress pictures I thought I did, I'll update alot of that later.

I'll also be starting a new thread to kick off my next build, which will be a Jorge suit. I'm gonna upload alot of my Emile pics on the new thread as well because I'll be using it as a "Noble Team Build" thread. I plan on eventually making a set of armor, including weapons, for each member of noble team, yes including Kat and noble 6. Noble 6 will actually just be my own custom armor set from reach, and Kat will not be worn by me

That's some really stunning work. Curious as to how you build your weapons. Also, if you had to guess how many man hours you put into this build what would you say?

That's some really stunning work. Curious as to how you build your weapons. Also, if you had to guess how many man hours you put into this build what would you say?

Thank you! so far, all of my reach weapons have been mostly made of EVA foam and craft foam, I have another thread for my weapons that i'm about to update with progress pics

as for how many man hours for this build, i'm not 100% sure but I started the build in late oct. 2014 and finished it sept 3rd, 2015, so about 10 months and I took several breaks, probably a month or two worth of breaks, leaving me somewhere around 8 months and I spent somewhere between 2-10 hours a day working on it. so if I had to guess, it took somewhere between 500 and 2000 man hours to finish the entire suit plus a magnum, I would say closer to the 2000 side of the spectrum though. I know its a pretty big leap between 500 and 2000 but thats as close of a guess as I could say.

So in the next few months before this years dragon con, I will be updating this suit, I'll hopefully be adding a ton of detail, mostly on the undersuit. I plan to add full detail to my Undersuit as well as adding some more detail to the paint on the suit. I also bought a new visor for the helmet so now I will be able to actually see while wearing my helmet. Hopefully I'll be updating this thread a little more in the near future, but in the meantime, here's a picture of the new visor with the helmet

WP_20160502_02_40_51_Pro.jpg

Here are a few update pics of Emile, nothing major, I just added the skull to the visor and added some weathering to all the armor

emile 1.JPG emile 2.JPG

emile 3.jpg emile 4.JPG emile 5.jpg

I'm not sure if I'll get around to adding the detail to the undersuit like I was hoping, but I've got a month left, so hopefully

check my Noble Team thread for updates on my Jorge build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back