Mwmanus' EMILE ARMOR BUILD - upgrades in progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwmanus

Member DIN
S392
MY EMILE ARMOR IS FINALLY COMPLETE!!!!

I hope you guys enjoy the pictures, I enjoyed this build so much and I very much enjoyed wearing it at dragon con, it was also a pleasure meeting many of you from the 405th at dragon con as well, also thank you for all the wonderful complements on my armor, it meant alot coming from you guys and girls, and I look forward to many more con meet-ups in the future!!!

V__1CF3.jpg V__511C.jpg V__9FD9.jpg

V__A065.jpg V__C526.jpg V__368D.jpg

V__02DD.jpg

I'm super new to all of this, this is my first thread and my first armor build and of course I'm starting with Emile. I've always wanted to make a set of Spartan armor and I figured Emile would be a fun start.

I'm making everything out of foam, including the helmet, I'm hoping to make this build look as close to in game detail as possible so eventually I hope to make an undersuit to go with it. hopefully it all goes well and I end up with a pretty decent set of armor, I'm sure it won't be an elite build or anything but that's not the point, its just for fun, so here goes!!!!

I've already gotten around to making a few of the pieces already before I started this thread and of course i'll update as I go on

I started with the helmet first, its a bit rough and I may redo it at some point but this is it for now
helmet cleaned up.JPG
I'm still trying to figure out what to do for the visor, all my ideas either failed, or worked but I couldn't see through the visor, so I may just have to settle and only have the helmet for quick photo ops. I would appreciate any ideas to help with that though, I've looked all over the place on the forum to find ideas and most of the ones I found were the same as my ideas or not quite what I was looking for.

and of course I went straight to making the calve armor, cause that's what you do right?
calve unpainted.JPG

for some reason I couldn't find the other pictures of the calve so i'll update it later when I take more

but anyway, after the calve I moved on to the forearm
forearm unpainted.JPG

I did some testing with paint on the forearm too, though I wasn't quite satisfied with the look as far as game accurate but here are some pics anyway

silver undercoat
forearm silver coat.JPG

final details
forearm painted side view.JPG

like I said, I wasn't satisfied with the paint job I did, so I washed off the paint (I used acrylic on top of plasti-dip so it came off pretty easy) and I'm gonna do some more tests later on to get it the way I want it, but that'll probably be much later on

so after I did all that I finally decided to move onto........ wait for it....... wait for it..........the torso armor!!!!! yay!!!!!

I've only gotten the back part done so far but I should have it done within a couple days
torso back, unfinished 1.jpgtorso back unfinished 3.JPG

well that's it for now, i'll get around to another update when I get some more finished

as a quick note, so far most of the files I used to make my armor are from L3X's file database, I'm not sure if all of them were from him so if you see anything that looks like yours or someone else's work, feel free to post the credits to who's it is or whatever, but in the mean time, thank you to anyone and everyone who made the files I'm using :D

helmet cleaned up.JPG

calve unpainted.JPG

forearm unpainted.JPG

forearm silver coat.JPG

forearm painted side view.JPG

torso back, unfinished 1.jpg

torso back, unfinished 2.jpg

torso back unfinished 3.JPG

V__02DD.jpg

V__368D.jpg

V__C526.jpg

V__A065.jpg

V__9FD9.jpg

V__511C.jpg

V__1CF3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: OH MY GOD!!!! NOT ANOTHER EMILE BUILD....... yep, thats right, get over over it x

Wow nice job so far, looking forward to the finish armor

Re: OH MY GOD!!!! NOT ANOTHER EMILE BUILD....... yep, thats right, get over over it x

thanks, so am I, its my first build so I'm pretty excited

Looking good for a first build! you're vacuum forming the visor right? Can't wait to see how that turns out.

Looking good for a first build! you're vacuum forming the visor right? Can't wait to see how that turns out.

thanks! and I'm not sure what exactly I'm gonna do about the visor just yet, I was hoping to do a vacuum formed visor but I'm not sure how, I've looked up videos on it but even if I managed to make a vacuum former I wouldn't know how to make the piece that the visor would form over. would you happen to know any easy and possibly cheap ways to do that?

Clay or paper mache reforced

thanks! and I'm not sure what exactly I'm gonna do about the visor just yet, I was hoping to do a vacuum formed visor but I'm not sure how, I've looked up videos on it but even if I managed to make a vacuum former I wouldn't know how to make the piece that the visor would form over. would you happen to know any easy and possibly cheap ways to do that?

I never did any vacuum forming myself, so I can't speak from experience.

The piece that you form with is called a "buck" and they can be made out of anything really. If it was me, I would just make one out of pepakura and bondo it perfectly smooth, It shouldn't be hard at all. the only part I am a little leary about is heating up the plastic in your uvon.

Other than that, building a box should be super easy, but I come from a woodworking background so that doesn't really count. I just got an idea for an easy box that wouldn't require any skills of saws, a plastic tote! all you would have to do is cutout the hole for the hose to hook into and seal it off, then come up with something for the top. What do you think?

Clay or paper mache reforced

alright, thanks, I may try that, I'm not too focused on the helmet just yet but i'll do some more research on it and maybe I'll finish it up soon if I can find a solution that works for me

I never did any vacuum forming myself, so I can't speak from experience.

The piece that you form with is called a "buck" and they can be made out of anything really. If it was me, I would just make one out of pepakura and bondo it perfectly smooth, It shouldn't be hard at all. the only part I am a little leary about is heating up the plastic in your uvon.

Other than that, building a box should be super easy, but I come from a woodworking background so that doesn't really count. I just got an idea for an easy box that wouldn't require any skills of saws, a plastic tote! all you would have to do is cutout the hole for the hose to hook into and seal it off, then come up with something for the top. What do you think?

well I can handle the woodwork and stuff, I just haven't really looked into vacuum forming much so its probably more of the "not knowing anything about it" that makes it seem more daunting than it should be, plus the main issue for me was about making the buck, thought what you said about the pep and bondo, could work for me, though I've never used bondo before, and I haven't really read up much on it either. I guess I have some serious researching in my future xD

well I can handle the woodwork and stuff, I just haven't really looked into vacuum forming much so its probably more of the "not knowing anything about it" that makes it seem more daunting than it should be, plus the main issue for me was about making the buck, thought what you said about the pep and bondo, could work for me, though I've never used bondo before, and I haven't really read up much on it either. I guess I have some serious researching in my future xD

Yeah research is half the job, so to speak. Bondo is a lot of fun to work with you should definitely look into how to use it, it's quite simple really.

Yeah research is half the job, so to speak. Bondo is a lot of fun to work with you should definitely look into how to use it, it's quite simple really.

Oh yeah, research has been a big part of it so far, and Yeah I'll definitely look into that

If you do go the bondo way, assuming you also mean the pepakura route. Have you thought about using Satchmo III's Emile helmet? With all the Emile builds I have never seen anyone use it.

Also please don't put omg in your title of the thread, some people take offence to that, including me. I just wanted to let you know. Keep up the good work!

It looks great so far. I can't wIt to see more

If you do go the bondo way, assuming you also mean the pepakura route. Have you thought about using Satchmo III's Emile helmet? With all the Emile builds I have never seen anyone use it.

well I've already made the helmet, but I was thinking of redoing it. I'm not sure if I've even seen his version, I'm not even sure whose version I'm currently using. would you mind sending me a link to his version? maybe i'll use his if I like it, I'm not 100% satisfied with the file I used

Also please don't put omg in your title of the thread, some people take offence to that, including me. I just wanted to let you know. Keep up the good work!

oh I'm sorry, I meant absolutely no offensive, i'll keep that in mind for future threads and posts. thanks for the heads up, and again, I'm sorry.

It looks great so far. I can't wIt to see more

thanks!! I can't wait either xD its my first build so I'm pretty excited

so its been a while but I've been working on a few things these last couple weeks and life kind of got in the way for a minute but I got some stuff done, sooooo.......

here's an Update!!!!!!

ok so I've been working on three things, the first of which is a sliced DMR:
View attachment 6598
obviously I started by cutting out all the stencils, though I modified a few just a little to look a tiny bit more like it does in the game, not a huge difference but it was just some stuff I thought I should fix
View attachment 6599
here it is all cut out and glued together, plus i actually had an old airsoft gun scope that i never used and i thought it might go well with this. i bought some pvc pipe and wood dowels to make the barrel, though i haven't gotten around to finishing that yet. eventually i plan on resining the cardboard and using bondo to fill in the holes and give me a surface to add extra details, then of course i'll paint it, but that will be in a future update, hopefully

after i finished that up i started on the magnum:
magnum 1.JPG
magnum 2.JPG
and that's it for the weapons right now, hopefully i'll get back to work on them soon

and I've been working on and off on the torso for the last few weeks and i managed to get it mostly assembled, I've just got a few more detail pieces to put on but its mostly finished
heres the front before i attached it to the back:
torso front.JPG
torso front 2.jpg

and heres the back and sides:
torso back and sides.JPG

and here it is all put together:
torso full.JPG
i plan on leaving the little stomach/ab plate, or whatever you call it, unattached and i'll attach it to the undersuit with Velcro or something so its easier to move and bend without breaking anything, eventually i'll get around to making the arm and neck seals out of some sort of vinyl instead of foam for better range of motion

well that's it for today, i may add some better photos later if i feel like it or if i get any more done on it soon

I'm not sure which piece i'll be working on next but i thought i might start on the shoulder attachments, probably starting with the security shoulder first, though i may finish up the arms and legs before i do that, i guess you'll just have to check back later to see xD

magnum 1.JPG

magnum 2.JPG

torso front.JPG

torso back and sides.JPG

torso front 2.jpg

torso full.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

oh I'm sorry, I meant absolutely no offensive, i'll keep that in mind for future threads and posts. thanks for the heads up, and again, I'm sorry.

You can actually edit your first post using the advanced editor. A thread title with attitude and smart-arsed confrontational tones is not going to win friends. How about just calling it what it is?

Good work by the way. Keep at it mate.

SB.

Re: EMILE ARMOR BUILD - attempting to make game accurate

that looks alot better then mine take it it has not been bondo'd and and resines and painted

Re: EMILE ARMOR BUILD - attempting to make game accurate

Its been a while but there will be an update coming soon, hopefully sometime later today. I've gotten a few things done since last year, nothing too impressive though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back