Custom Spartan Build - back from a long hiatus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marshall

Howdy all!

Havent been on in what seems an age, and i thought it was only proper to explain why and whats changed, and an update now things have started again....

Just as id started sinking my teeth into my last (and only) build, i had several things all become more important at one time.

Firstly; our little one got to the toddler phase, she was prem by 7 weeks, so weve put a lot of time into stimulating growth to catch up. now shes nursery age the pressures off a tad so time is spare once again.

Secondly; my job - i support people with learning disabilitys in supported living, the service moved sites in march and the only way i can explain it is imagine moving house, x4 people, and then add in downs, autism and heavy medication (and all the accompnying paperwork) and you have a rough idea.

all whilst keyworking a gentleman with downs and progressive dementia. that alone has taken more hours than i could count, but this sadly is no longer an issue, and has freed up some space also.

lastly; the House - always being told somethings changing by my better half, but iv resided myself to perpetual limbo on this one.

SO whats new?

First, im finally resining and fiberglassing the items that i built last year, im still unsure if i have one set of armour or if ill end up with lots of spares to change out when i feel like it - but ill go with my original custom recon build for now.

Arms, shins, 1 thigh, hands, 4 different shoulders, and chest are all resined and will be on the fiberglass train by the weekend i hope... ill post some pics when i get some good ones. think my helmet needs rebuilding as it seems too small though.

Iv totally abandoned the plasma rifle i started. the term "sod that for a bag of chips" was used and it met the bin. this led on to several months of plans and musings as to what weapon...

Mid build on an MA5C from an old Nerf Recon cs6; ill put a full guide up when i get round to it, but im quite pleased so far, should be done next week or so.

im also looking at moulding and vacuum forming the AR top section - if it works, i may be able to put a mod kit together if theres a demand? but ill see how the prototype comes out.

Sniper rifle - from Nerf Centurion - early stages at the moment, im only toying around but it is showing potential.

In the Plans - a weapons drop pod - to house both the AR and the Rifle, plus 2 Magnus pistols. probably wont be till next year though (march - Emcon if i get time)

though its the least concieved of all my builds im really looking forward to this, currently thinking along the lines of a patio heater base or something like it as the base.

ill upload all my pics and update some point tonight,

and just a hefty Thanks for reading to everyone :)

Good luck!!

At least you're keeping busy, always good to have a lot on your plate, as long as you're getting enough rest and no stress.

A weapon drop pod sounds like a really cool idea, I never seen one made before.

cheers, yeah iv reaquainted myself with sleep recently and id forgot how much i enjoyed it :D As long as things stay as they are i should have time to get some momentum on it all ;)

regarding the drop pod - neither have i, but im suprised if it hasnt been done already somewhere though the torpedo shaped ones only really came in with halo 4 so its not been as long in that sence.

id like to have it light enough to sling over my shoulder eventually - if i can manage to find a thin water barrel that would probably do, failing that ill cardboard tube it and fiberglass for strength, that would also give me the chance to have the correct shape ;)

not a bad idea - ill have a look into it next week. failing that plan of attack I was thinking a couple of plastic bins, tops facing each other and then dremel out the mid section, pack inside and dome the top. though itd be more halo2/3 drop pod not the one in 4 (take a look - that beast is a whole different ball game)

Due to things at work, iv got a lot of spare time atm so hopefully ill bebable to geton with things fastet than i first thought,gotta keep busy ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back