Question?: Plasta-Dip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harri51

RMO
405th Regiment Officer
Member DIN
S251
So i have resined my ODST helmet. This is my question. Would it be possible to Plasta-dip my helmet as well. the thing is with my big *** ears my helmet flexs a little and it I bondo it would break every time I take the helmet on and off. I do not mean oh it flexs a little, no It is a lotof flex coming off I had my wife watch today and she gave me the look of dang. SO one of them since my helmet can fit but my ears just get in the way.

Now I have sanded my helmet down just so the Resin would stick a lot better then on a glossy surface. So it is ready for the next stage and I was thinking to myself is all. Then my quetion is if plata-dip worked can i go right to a base coat or just prime this bad boy.

From my own personal research (and minor use with foam), Plasti Dip can act as a primer. It's rubber in a can that allows you to paint right on it once it's set.
Hopefully someone with more experience can guide you in the right direction. There's a lot of threads on here that cover what you're seeking as well. Definitely take a look around and you'll find more than what you anticipated. :)

Well doing some homework on the subject the can and company said it can be sprayed right onto a car. mind you with a clear coat on. I see it stays well on foam and I am going to rough sand the helmet best i can and add some bondo to smooth out the top of my helmet. But it seems possible and if results are good.....TIME SAVER!!!! Not to mention save a lil bit of money. I guess keep a look on my build and I will let you know.

Yea you can. It is an irreversible process of you apply it to a non sealed or unfinished surface. I've done everything from cars to straight cardstock. I've even experimented with raw insulation foam. If you have any questions or need some tips feel free to ask. I've just about learned all the (what not to do's) when it comes to Plasti-dip.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Well it worked flawlessly just got to be careful when weathering is all other then that set time was great and i got the right effect for the helmet. I am working on the visor right now. I got pics posted up of the semi final goods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back