Halo 4 armor choice for mobility

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackluc

Hi 405th,

My first project ever was a Mk VI and I just couldn't move. I mean yeah, I could, but after 2 hours I wanted to die. It's true that my parts were not quite the right size, but still...

So my question for you folks, is which armors in Halo 4 are the best to actually move with? At least they all look way better than Halo 3 armors in terms of mobility. Waiting for comments with your opinion and/or experience!

love my halo 4 masterchief armor. had a 3d model built of myself and the armor was sized to that!!!

My personal configuration in-game was chosen based on what looked like it would provide the greatest range of motion. The Wetworks chest seems to be the least restrictive, particularly as the sides appear to be attached via cables rather than being solid straps. In-game I tend to shift between ODST, Counter, and Contoured legs as the mood hits, Mk V forearms, although contoured and inner-plated also have fairly low profiles, thus less weight and protrusions. Shoulders, again I have three I swap around, the Soldier, War Master, and Mark V models.

But as you've observed, the overall design of the Spartan IV armor is more mobility-focused (main improvement being the omission of the "space diaper" of old). So really it comes down to how you build the armor. Some have gone the "apron/poncho" approach, putting all the chest, abdominal, cod, and in some cases even shoulder armor all together on the same piece following the outline of the two-toned undersuit, while others have put in the extra work to actually make the two-toned undersuit and attach the hard armor as individual segments, thus allowing more freedom of movement. The way the in-game model is set up, the main torso armor covers the rib cage (which doesn't flex much even with rigorous movements), secondary plating directly over the abdomen (with sufficient spacing that it will not rub against the chest plating or come in contact with the cod piece, short of curling into a ball). Arm and leg armor for Spartan IVs has been "trimmed" back compared to the Halo 1-3 models, which offered very little separation around the joints. And even the animation of movement takes hard points into consideration more, while Halo 1-3 required a lot of clipping to allow for full movement. It was once anecdotaly observed that if someone wore a 100% proportionately accurate Mark V/VI suit, they would be almost entirely unable to move. Reach's take on the Mark V opened up a lot more mobility, and Halo 4 took that a step further with all of their armor.

My personal configuration in-game was chosen based on what looked like it would provide the greatest range of motion. The Wetworks chest seems to be the least restrictive, particularly as the sides appear to be attached via cables rather than being solid straps. In-game I tend to shift between ODST, Counter, and Contoured legs as the mood hits, Mk V forearms, although contoured and inner-plated also have fairly low profiles, thus less weight and protrusions. Shoulders, again I have three I swap around, the Soldier, War Master, and Mark V models.

But as you've observed, the overall design of the Spartan IV armor is more mobility-focused (main improvement being the omission of the "space diaper" of old). So really it comes down to how you build the armor. Some have gone the "apron/poncho" approach, putting all the chest, abdominal, cod, and in some cases even shoulder armor all together on the same piece following the outline of the two-toned undersuit, while others have put in the extra work to actually make the two-toned undersuit and attach the hard armor as individual segments, thus allowing more freedom of movement. The way the in-game model is set up, the main torso armor covers the rib cage (which doesn't flex much even with rigorous movements), secondary plating directly over the abdomen (with sufficient spacing that it will not rub against the chest plating or come in contact with the cod piece, short of curling into a ball). Arm and leg armor for Spartan IVs has been "trimmed" back compared to the Halo 1-3 models, which offered very little separation around the joints. And even the animation of movement takes hard points into consideration more, while Halo 1-3 required a lot of clipping to allow for full movement. It was once anecdotaly observed that if someone wore a 100% proportionately accurate Mark V/VI suit, they would be almost entirely unable to move. Reach's take on the Mark V opened up a lot more mobility, and Halo 4 took that a step further with all of their armor.

That was constructive, thank you! But sadly for the chest piece, I don't really like wetwork... But looking at some pictures, I guess except a few ones, most chest pieces aren't too big

I tend to lean towards the Enforcer or the "new classic" Mark VI when I'm not using Wetworks. But yea, some of them, like the Stalker, Gungnir, and Prefect are rather bulky. The Warrior, Venator, Scout, and Soldier chests would also be good range-of-motion choices I'd think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back