Latex help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonewolf260

Hello!

I am currently making a slipknot Corey Taylor mask and I have applied 7-8 layers of latex with a sponge to make it smooth, but I went to pull it and it was paper thin and began to tear a bit! I stopped and it is still on the mold, but am I doing anything wrong? Should I apply more layers with a different tool?what can I use to make smooth as possible layers and make it thick and strong enough?

Any help needed and appreciated!!:)

-Ian

You may find a lot of info on using latex for masks on www.thehunterslair.com they use latex for masks and body suits. I have not messed with latex enough yet to be able to help you other than to guide you there. They have a lot of info in their stickies just like here. You may find better answers there than what I could give you. Hope everything comes out good with the mask.

I actually have a pred on that site! I've dealt with latex before but I don't know why it's so thin, I'll do some research, I still have a lot more layers to add anyway!

-Ian

i heard you can use toilet paper ( would separate it in between your latex layers to help it build up a little better and keep it shape

i dipped it in the latex then applied it evenly. then a few more brushed on layers like you have been doing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back