Happy Halloween from Hawaii (Spartan Armor Build)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exactice

Hello Gang! (Aloha) LOL, First post I know but, I was excited to share. I have been checking your site for about 2 weeks now. I have gotten so much info and great Ideas. I know, I dont do this justice but I wanted to share. I was able to 95% complete my armor build in 2 weeks. Pretty Crazy if you ask me as some people have take months/years.... I am totally new to armor building and first time ever using EVA Foam. I know its pretty newbish looking but I thought I would share that in a short time you could do a build LOL.

I know it was a rush job as I wanted to get it done for Halloween, but I tried. Anyways take a look, let me know your thoughts! And I need some color Ideas =) Thanks in advance!

IMG_2169.JPGIMG_2170.JPGIMG_2171.JPGIMG_2173.JPGIMG_2174.JPGIMG_2192.JPGComplete Body.JPGIMG_2200.JPGIMG_2201.JPG

Added LED's and Flaps

Hope you like it! Going to prep for paint!

*Edit*

Just in case you couldnt tell.... this is done without Peppakura, Just free hand and measuring so again its not as nice as some of you all. But I can say it can be done sorta with out it LOL!

IMG_2169.JPG

IMG_2170.JPG

IMG_2171.JPG

IMG_2173.JPG

IMG_2174.JPG

IMG_2192.JPG

Complete Body.JPG

IMG_2200.JPG

IMG_2201.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Happy Halloween from Hawaii (Spartan Armor Build) Pic Heavy

Looks awesome! Great job on the suit!
I'm not very good on colour suggestions, sorry haha

Looks awesome! Great job on the suit!
I'm not very good on colour suggestions, sorry haha

Thanks! i really Appreciate it! Not going to lie, this was hard work and... I cant imagine the people that have put amazing work and detail into it.....my ADD couldnt handle much more! (nor the wife LOL)

I am looking into the Blue an White Scheme kinda like this

15230093597_bbb6490bb5_m.jpg

Update time if any one is interested!

IMG_2206.JPGIMG_2207.JPGIMG_2214.JPGIMG_2208.JPGIMG_2209.JPG

Here is a video of the working lights, flaps and LEDs in the Helmet!

Hope the color scheme works out too! Thanks for stopping by!

Suggestions or thoughts are greatly appreciated. I have a couple of days to make modifications if anyone can think of something better?

IMG_2206.JPG

IMG_2207.JPG

IMG_2214.JPG

IMG_2208.JPG

IMG_2209.JPG

Oh snap, this is good for a rushed job!

Yups... pulled the rabbit out of the hat on this one. 3 weeks to complete. I aint going to lie, without the template (pepakura) this thing was a pain to fit etc. I had the comp up and just free hand drawing everything.

Hey what are your plans for Halloween? I'm from Hawai'i too and was thinking about hitting up Waikiki this year. Maybe i'll see you around.

Hey what are your plans for Halloween? I'm from Hawai'i too and was thinking about hitting up Waikiki this year. Maybe i'll see you around.

Whats up Braddah, Nah not a Wakiki fan LOL. I just love Halloween probably going back to my parents place to help pass out candy with the wife. But yups see you around, Holy smokes your builds are sick!

Whats up Braddah, Nah not a Wakiki fan LOL. I just love Halloween probably going back to my parents place to help pass out candy with the wife. But yups see you around, Holy smokes your builds are sick!

You'll be a huge hit with the kids! Maybe one day we can plan a meet and greet for other members in Hawaii (I know i've seen a few in Waikiki). Thanks! Your build looks awesome for only 2 weeks of work!

Complete 2.JPGComplete 3.JPG

Completed! Painted....Dried....Weathered done........whooooooo

You'll be a huge hit with the kids! Maybe one day we can plan a meet and greet for other members in Hawaii (I know i've seen a few in Waikiki). Thanks! Your build looks awesome for only 2 weeks of work!

Thanks man! But I dont want to get embarrassed by your suit! LOL yours is sick! Yeah a meet and greet would be awesome! Would love to walk through Waikiki but that place is just nuts LOL Anyways keep up the good work and maybe I will have guts to walk around. So if you see a Blue Spartan F-022 that is me LOL

Holy cow dude, you really buckled down and pumped this out fast, I saw your first post and all of a sudden you've got it done and painted! Don't be so hard on yourself, it really looks great and just imagine what you'll be able to do without such a short deadline! Seems like you learn fast so I look forward to seeing what you come up with next :thumbsup

Bro, you'll be fine! Like m00sem4n said, you pumped this suit out in a few weeks, I can only imagine how awesome a suit you made would look if you had more time to complete it. You definitely have the makings of an elite builder! Can't wait to see your future projects!

Thanks Gang! Appreciate the Kind words!!! Well I cant wait to start on another project, I am just worried the wife is going to hate me for ignoring her for 3 weeks HAHAHAH!!!!!

If this is your first armour/foam build and it only took 3 weeks, I'm looking forward to your 3rd, 4th, 5th builds that take months. They're gonna be insane!

I'm surprised the IP's even recognisable on a 3 week build (let's be honest, space armor largely looks the same), but it's clearly MJOLNIR and some nice clean lines despite the speed. Perfect for Halloween.

Now if only you make a detour and truck up North so we can see this in person. Amazing work on such a short deadline!

Its Halloween, Did a final test fit last night and made sure all the parts are working! A fully functional suit with LED's and motorized flaps!!!! Enjoy!

hahaha, just saw the vid, i love the flaps, don't think I've seen that before! It looks even better in motion, i must say.

hahaha, just saw the vid, i love the flaps, don't think I've seen that before! It looks even better in motion, i must say.

Was trying something different.... Everyone one loves lights and motion so I just had to add something to it LOL Glad you enjoyed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back