Props Grif's Printed Weapons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy cow dude! It genuinely looks real. May I ask how you secured the magnet to the gun itself? What type of bonding material did you use on the magnet to attach it to the side of the gun, or did you fit the magnet inside?

that's awesome!!!!

Thank's!

Holy cow dude! It genuinely looks real. May I ask how you secured the magnet to the gun itself? What type of bonding material did you use on the magnet to attach it to the side of the gun, or did you fit the magnet inside?

Thank you. I owe a good deal to the modeler who prepared the original files for his attention to detail and accuracy. I've been trying to model the M7 SMG myself and it is proving extremely difficult. As for the magnets, I fit them inside the frame by adding a pair of recesses into the obj file before printing it. Then while finishing it, I used a small dot of contact cement to hold the magnets in place within the holes and covered them when I applied the bondo. There's a picture of in in post #7. They hold well, but I think I'm still going to make a proper holster like the one used in Nightfall.

Subsequently, does anyone know if there are completed models for the weapons around the site? Obviously the unflolders are using something but all the ones I could find were either not being released by their owner, or were old links that no longer work.

Subsequently, does anyone know if there are completed models for the weapons around the site? Obviously the unflolders are using something but all the ones I could find were either not being released by their owner, or were old links that no longer work.

Which files are you after? I could have a look around my own personal library, but I do believe that most raw models have been uploaded to the File Archive under the OBJ Files areas - those need some cleanup, but they're usable.

Which files are you after? I could have a look around my own personal library, but I do believe that most raw models have been uploaded to the File Archive under the OBJ Files areas - those need some cleanup, but they're usable.

The H3/ODST SMG and the H3 BR. I'm working with the one in the File Archive, but it's slow going.

The H3/ODST SMG and the H3 BR. I'm working with the one in the File Archive, but it's slow going.

If you haven't already, try looking for WMHunterTLS's files. I have his SMG on my computer, and need to upload it to the File Archive, but I don't appear to have his Battle Rifle. I'll get that SMG uploaded for you as soon as I can.

EDIT: you can find the SMG HERE.

If you haven't already, try looking for WMHunterTLS's files. I have his SMG on my computer, and need to upload it to the File Archive, but I don't appear to have his Battle Rifle. I'll get that SMG uploaded for you as soon as I can.

EDIT: you can find the SMG HERE.

Much obliged. This will be an excellent reference.

I had originally planned on making the BR55 from Halo 3, but all my modeling time has been taking up with working on props for customers and I haven't been able to find a usable model for it. So today I started printing Serin117's BR85HB that's up on thingiverse. Might still work on my BR55 if I get the time.

Printed most of the BR 55 Heavy Barrel Rifle over the weekend. The only part I'm still missing is the grip, which I was half way through printing when I realized I had the wrong version of the file. Should get it done this weekend.

IMG_6445.jpg
Rear half of rail. Scope had to be printed in halves. Safety can be switched from safe to live. Not shown is a the cavity I left so I can install an illuminated ammo counter.

IMG_6453.jpg
Magazine can be inserted and removed. Didn't have enough fill volume and the thin walls of the receiver split as the ABS cooled. All go back and fill with and ABS acetone slurry.

IMG_6454.jpg
Muzzle break.

IMG_6455.jpg
Assembled parts. The white is ABS, the grey is PLA. Next I'll fill the joints and file and particularly rough or uneven areas before applying body filler to smooth. Will be getting a dowel for the barrel.

Attachments

• IMG_6445.jpg
    IMG_6445.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_6453.jpg
    IMG_6453.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_6454.jpg
    IMG_6454.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_6455.jpg
    IMG_6455.jpg