Props Grif's Printed Weapons

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJPvt Grif

Recently got access to a 3D Printer and will be using it to make several Halo weapons. I'll post build progress here.

As of right now I am not looking to sell any prints.

Planned Projects
M6C - Finished
BR55- In Progress
MA5C
M7 Caseless SMG
M90A Shotgun
ARC-920 Railgun
M739 SAW

Started work on my Magnum. Printed in ABS using the ONI H-Bot. 0.2mm layer thickness, 10-15% fill volume.

IMG_0828.jpg
Front sight, printed in two halves.

IMG_0830.jpg
Grip, printed in two halves, hand guard inserts between them.

IMG_0826.jpg
Going to have to reprint the slide. The back din't adhere the print surface and deformed as the ABS cooled.

More work done.
IMG_0866.jpg
IMG_0868.jpg
Re-printed the slide and rear sight with an acetone-ABS slurry applied to the build plate to promote adhesion. No problems with the second print

IMG_0875.jpg
Printed the frame and assembled the parts. Still need the trigger and magazine.

IMG_0021.jpg
Magnets for mounting installed, bondo and primer applied and sanded

IMG_0022.jpg
Base coat done

IMG_0025.jpg
IMG_0026.jpg
Slide finished. Might more ware and rust with some brown and then clear coat.

Reprinting the laser sight today. Also going to install the magazine release hardware and get that glued up so I can paint it tomorrow. How do my projects always go to the last minute?

is this a variation on the danonat0r gun ? since this one has the typography on the side. if so make a remix of it on thingiverse.
if you are intersted i made an odst add on for this model

is this a variation on the danonat0r gun ? since this one has the typography on the side. if so make a remix of it on thingiverse.
if you are intersted i made an odst add on for this model
It is. I was planning on posting my remixes after I finished the build. Apart from the slide, I also modified the magazine as you can see and designed a few of the detail parts. I pretty much had to modify everything slightly to allow tolerance for moving parts and paint, but I'm only going to post what I significantly altered.

I believe I've already chatted with you a bit on thing verse about the SOCOM attachment. I stared printing it tonight around 8, but it's a 7 hour build on our printer, I'm won't see how it turned out until tomorrow morning. Will definitely let you know both here and there and credit you both when it's finished. The suppressor is an exceptionally good model.

Worlds are colliding man, so many user names and different sites to be active on :p

Good to see someone actually printing something of mine :) post pics when you are done!

i want to print your slide so much better with the lettering in it. also the clip mod is sweet. gimme gimme gimme!
i still need to publish my mini clip detail i made.

btw what printer and settings?

Worlds are colliding man, so many user names and different sites to be active on :p

Good to see someone actually printing something of mine :) post pics when you are done!

i want to print your slide so much better with the lettering in it. also the clip mod is sweet. gimme gimme gimme!
i still need to publish my mini clip detail i made.

btw what printer and settings?
Printer ran out of filament mid job, and since I work with animals, instead of loading a new roll and resuming, they just shut it off and pulled my project off the build plate :/ Had to restart today.

I've been using ABS at a .2 layer height (I know that's rather low resoution, but it's been working) at 100 mm/s 10-20% fill volume, depending on the part. The ODST piece is being build out of PLA since we're out of neutral colored ABS and I really don't want yellow or red show through if the paint chips.

Got the slide posted http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:536776

The internal measurement for the front laser sight didn't take into account thickness of paint, so I was forced to modify the interior dimensions and reprint it. Bondod and primed yesterday, painting it today.
IMG_00341.jpg

Still doing some detail work. But in the mean time I made the SOCOM attachment used in ODST as designed by nintendstroid. Tried to print it as one piece at first, but it was a 7 hour print and it used up the spool of filament while I was away (didn't feel like sitting around for all 7 hours) and was incomplete when I went to pick it up the next day. Printed it in two parts in PLA after that.
IMG_00361.jpg
IMG_00371.jpg

IMG_00341.jpg

IMG_00361.jpg

IMG_00371.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Finished in time for last nights launch! Got a lot of compliments.

FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender (1).jpg

The slide works, with a spring to return it, and the magazine can be removed and replaced.
FullSizeRender (3).jpg

Plastidipped the grip. Gave it a nice texture but now the trigger is a little tight and needs to be adjusted. I installed two magnets in the frame to to secure it to my armor, but din't consider how they wold react with the metallic flakes in the paint, but it doesn't look too bad in my opinion. I also need to paint the bullets in the magazine.

This build was a modified version of the file here http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:68620

Going to start working on the BR next week, and I'll work on painting the suppressor while parts for that are printing.

Finished in time for last nights launch! Got a lot of compliments.

View attachment 5913
View attachment 5914

The slide works, with a spring to return it, and the magazine can be removed and replaced.
View attachment 5915

Plastidipped the grip. Gave it a nice texture but now the trigger is a little tight and needs to be adjusted. I installed two magnets in the frame to to secure it to my armor, but din't consider how they wold react with the metallic flakes in the paint, but it doesn't look too bad in my opinion. I also need to paint the bullets in the magazine.

This build was a modified version of the file here http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:68620

Going to start working on the BR next week, and I'll work on painting the suppressor while parts for that are printing.

What file did you use for the magazine ? You said you re worked it ?

I swear, when I saw this for the first time (through Google images actually), I thought someone actually made a real M6 Magnum! That thing is unbelievable!

What file did you use for the magazine ? You said you re worked it ?

Ill put it on thingverse when I have a chance. It's in pretty bad shape though. There was a odd verticy in the original I think, but I could never find it.

I swear, when I saw this for the first time (through Google images actually), I thought someone actually made a real M6 Magnum! That thing is unbelievable!

I'm quite flattered, thank you!

awesome gun I am looking forward to the shotgun.

Thanks, me too. Finals coming up soon though, so probably won't get much work done until after the semester ends :/

We did a shotgun a while ago

I'm on my mobile so I can't upload a pic but the master of this one was 3d printed

https://www.etsy.com/nl/listing/212106710/11-scale-halo-shotgun-raw-cast?

That looks amazing. I'm assuming the pump works? That, like the slide on the magnum, I figure will be the hardest part to work out on the model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back