Spartan Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Underdog410

So this is a project that I kinda put off but here it is finally. It is modeled by AceHigh and unfolded by Jason02.
IMG_1134.JPG
Its not quite built entirely but it only has a few more pieces.

Attachments

• IMG_1134.JPG
    IMG_1134.JPG
    870.5 KB · Views: 325
I'm currently applying bondo. Should have a pic in a couple days.

Do you just apply resin or did you have to apply some cloths/sheets of fibreglass first?
This is the bit I don't understand...

Do you just apply resin or did you have to apply some cloths/sheets of fibreglass first?
This is the bit I don't understand...
This really depends on your helmet. I built mine out of 110lb cardstock so it is pretty sturdy. I then applied 2 coats of resin to the outside. The cheek pieces and the nose were the only places I reinforced with fiberglass cloth. I did that mainly because they weren't holding shape very well. I found that when you are working with the cloth it is best to put some resin on the place you are going to apply before you place your cloth down. It helps by giving a more solid connection. Some people will put cloth around the opening of the helmet.

So here is a little update
IMG_2278.JPG
some cloth done on the cheek pieces
IMG_2279.JPG
Rondo on the inside
IMG_2280.JPG
Starting to shape the outside

Looking very awesome :)

I was also curious if you could possibly send me the file. or at least direct me where you got it. :) thanks much
and keep up the good work

Looking very awesome :)

I was also curious if you could possibly send me the file. or at least direct me where you got it. :) thanks much
and keep up the good work
If I remember correctly I found the file on the RPF. I believe if you look up leonidas 300 pepakura you might find it. If i find it soon then ill put a link on here.

Sorry this has taken so long but here are some more progress photos.
IMG_2139.JPG
IMG_2143.JPG
IMG_2149.JPG
IMG_2175.jpg
IMG_2182.jpg
IMG_2186.jpg
IMG_2188.jpg
IMG_2192.jpg
IMG_2194.jpg
IMG_2198.jpg
Just the mane is left but i dont have any photos

I guess I should post this BAD ***** photo of my helmet fully completed. At this point I wont be posting anymore about it.
IMG_2704.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back