Random costumes

Status
Not open for further replies.

blajew

So for my first post I just wanted to show some of the stuff I am working on and some stuff I did but moved on from.
First is my Iron man, it was a foam build (sorry not a start to finish, kinda the in between photos)
IMAG0181[1].jpgIMAG0182[1].jpgIMAG0183[1].jpgIMAG0186[1].jpg
I didn't really track the progress as I went but I hope it shows some of the fun I had.
Next is my predator, some parts are home made some are bought from other member of the Hunters lair. It has been about 4 years in the making I love were it's going but I just keep procrastinating, it get to a point and I just kinda stall.20130627_061214[1].jpg 20141028_173537[1].jpg20141028_173614[1].jpg20130627_061234.jpg
So for right now I am doing Halo 4 Mater Chief, hoping it goes better than predator, faster too, will give a peek when I get something together I like. Thanks for looking

Hey, always good to see people who build cool things and enjoy what they do. I'm a fresh face myself, and I'm looking forward to getting my feet wet.

That's a really intricate Iron Man build, the detail level is spectacular. If you have finished photos, I'd love to see them.

And people around here eat pictures up. If you're starting a new build, try to take pictures along the way. It's especially good for people who are just starting out, as seeing other people's progress is an invaluable resource.

I admire anyone with the stones to take on an ironman suit. Definitely a labour of love. And you've got it fitting so well, good understanding of the form, I'd love to see you follow through with that one, and just going off the talent that suit shows I cant wait to see your chief suit break ground! Is that neck seal just foam as well?

Sorry I never got around to finishing the Iron Man, I'm not even sure were it went all I have left are the templates. It crossed my mind to start again but that's all it really did....lol. Master Chief is going slow, so many details and reworking a lot of the pep files for my size is really killing me right now I am on my 3rd chest piece and I even think I want to rework that again but I will get some pics up when I get something together.

Looking forward to seeing pictures when you post them :)
Will have to get together sometime and maybe have a work on crafts day lol

So just wanted to give an update, I am doing Halo 4 Master Chief (I know there is someone out there, well lots of someones that know the armors #) I just wanted to show some of what I did this last week with it. I know it's still very rough none of the gaps are filled and absolutely no details but just kinda were I started and deciding on how I want to connect the front to back; rare earth magnets are my top pick. If you have any ideas or comments for me I would like to hear, of course give me some time to tweek things still very much at the starting line.20141102_130309[1].jpg20141102_130320[1].jpg20141102_130330[1].jpg20141102_130349[1].jpg

Looking pretty good in my opinion :)

Im not sure what you could use for securing both pieces together, but i used just some basic parachute clips for my armor build and those worked great. Id say maybe test the magnets with a few pieces of foam and see how easy they come apart and whatnot.
Best of luck

Just giving another update on my MC4, there is still quit a ways to go but I thought I would share what I have been up too.
20141221_113854[1].jpg20141221_113930[1].jpgthere is the chest and back, I still have some details to add as well as fill in the gaps.
20141221_114028[1].jpg20141221_114035[1].jpgI'm pretty happy with the way I did the should bells, still a little detail to add but I like what I see for the most part, the bicep armor is ok I'm just gald the shoulders cover that up for the most part.....
20141221_114939[1].jpg20141221_114948[1].jpgNow the forearms, they look like crap. A lot of glue overflow, and I just couldn't get them together like I wanted... also any one know or have a little bit more accurate game file for these, I got this file from the archives here they were done by rainbowdash I want to say, they are good but not very game accurate. I appreciate the he put in to it just not really what I'm looking for.
Well I hope you all like what you see and if you have any comments on what you see I'm doing wrong, or right I would like to hear.

Good to see more progress bro, Glad you have still been working on it :)
Pictures dont do it justice im sure :p
Have a good one and keep up the great work

What you see is what I have so far... re working some of the Master Chief stuff, I hated the way the forearms turned out. As for the others Iron man is done but gone I sold it years ago, and Predator I have to wait for it to warm up so the latex can cure right.

- - - Updated - - -

Awww it's all so cute! I can't wait to see it finished. http://a.deviantart.net/avatars/t/i/tinoplz.png?1

Well not sure if cute is what I was going for but I will take it...lol

Okay then how about adorable? l_5ac6ac9391e2033da9bfb56cdd1636a2.gif

Like Master chief when he got a little motor cycle!?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you're viewing the build as 'How far away am I from it being finished?'. Regardless of how you're thinking of it, stop it, and focus on one piece at a time, making it as good as you think you can with what you have. That way you feel like you're progressing. Ohh and a side note, your version of crap with those forearms, is probably most peoples version of good. Ohh and as for the torso, use buckles for joining the two pieces together, you will probably need a helper to put it on but it helps with the immersion of becoming a Spartan I guess.

NOTE: Foxy, that Pikachu is too damned cute, I need to punch a wall to regain the manliness I lost just then.

Okay then how about adorable? View attachment 8331

Like Master chief when he got a little motor cycle!?

Love that video, makes me wish I still had my bike :-(... anyways. Thanks either way adorable or cute... Just kinda an FYI that pikachu kinda looks like he is doing a bad think, or I just have a ditty mind

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you're viewing the build as 'How far away am I from it being finished?'. Regardless of how you're thinking of it, stop it, and focus on one piece at a time, making it as good as you think you can with what you have. That way you feel like you're progressing. Ohh and a side note, your version of crap with those forearms, is probably most peoples version of good. Ohh and as for the torso, use buckles for joining the two pieces together, you will probably need a helper to put it on but it helps with the immersion of becoming a Spartan I guess.

NOTE: Foxy, that Pikachu is too damned cute, I need to punch a wall to regain the manliness I lost just then.

Well thanks for the complements, but I didn't care for the end results 20150117_135219[1].jpg20150117_135210[1].jpg I didn't think they were that game accurate either. I did get some new files though that will work out great. As far as the chest piece it's going to be Velcro and snaps, I think that is how I'm going to attach all the armor. I hope to start the under suit by the end of the month I think I will just start a new post on just the MC suit. I try and take it one piece at a time but need breaks from stuff from time to time so I don't get pissed and Hulk smash my suit so I tackle something else that pisses me off... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back