My Very First Build: WIP Warlock (PIC HEAVY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottinho

Destiny is fun, right? Even if you don't agree with that, at least all of the characters are awesome?
That was my thought playing this game. Wow, those warlocks look cool as hell. So I decided 'Hey, Dragon Con was a lot of fun, even with the low effort costumes you made (Tin: Bob's Burgers and Barry: Archer). Why not put some effort in before the next one and make one of these BA Warlocks? You can even give it a custom shader to reflect your favorite soccer team, Seattle!' And then I started. I found Remraf's well done Chroma Vow (my favorite base helmet) and got started learning the process. (Some of the pics are just links, I coundln't figure out how to resize...)

Helmet:
Pepakura sure is kind of fun/maddening.
jxpr0h2.jpg

Bondo is 60% maddening, 25% fun, and 15% 'THIS WILL NEVER BE SMOOTH, I AM A FAILURE!'
d7cRHLA.jpg

nweRXyr.jpg

Finished product. Just the main colors on it bothered me. Too clean. It has battle damage, but is perfectly shiny everywhere? That led me to the '-wash' technique. Local comic/game store man led me to a brown that he likes. I like it too. The visor in this image is not the one I ended up with, it wouldn't 'Stick' to the rough, narrow edge that I left for it. I ended up getting some clear .3 styrene sheets, cutting it to a little larger than the opening and blasting the edges until it wrapped on the visor ledge, then hitting that with several coats of a 'Smoke' clear acrylic. I then hot glued it into place.
http://imgur.com/P3EllR6

Armor Bits:
Cut from EVA foam, this was a pretty easy process. Added a stencil of Deuceface because.
AZY9ViM.jpg

Jxtez1a.jpg

Gun:
This is still in progress, it is for some reason very tedious to me, but putting it on fat, sleeping cats helps. Can't wait until its done.
http://imgur.com/1f9THBN

Robe/Coat/Vestaments
I found a pretty good trench coat pattern that looks like it can be altered pretty easily to fit the style of the Justicar's Warlock chest (New Monarchy.) I get to learn sewing from my Mother. This is very exciting for her (temporary cure for Empty Nest Syndrome.) Pattern is Vogue 8940 for those that are looking for something similar.

I'll update this as I work. Hopefully enough Destiny cosplayers are at Dragon Con so we can fireteam up (Who will make the Crucible banner?)

Edit: Sorry for the crappy picture quality, My iPhone camera has succumb to the darkness.

Attachments

• jxpr0h2.jpg
    jxpr0h2.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 162
  • d7cRHLA.jpg
    d7cRHLA.jpg
    503 bytes · Views: 156
  • nweRXyr.jpg
    nweRXyr.jpg
    503 bytes · Views: 153
  • AZY9ViM.jpg
    AZY9ViM.jpg