[Information] Build armor without template/blueprint/pep files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dagbar

I'm planning my first build and wanted to ask a question.
How do you go about building lets say a concept armor something that you don't have any files for?
Do you just eyeball it or build it in say zbrush or other 3d program?
I have a few ideas I want to try out but since its not a main character from a game I'm a little lost on best way to start. Or should I just stick to something someone else has build the templates for already?

Yes you either freehand it or model it in a 3rd program and make a pep file for it

Is it of your own design? Because I should think the answer is straight forward in that case, just do as colbs said, unless you're looking to commission the aid of someone here..?

If it is a pre-existing design I'd let this community know and be super sure there aren't already valuable resources out there. I've seen this group come up with some miraculous finds.

No its a concept sketch for a small unknown game that was never made. So there no existing files out except some sketched views. I'm just trying to work out a starting process and what's going to be best in the end. Just trying to see how everybody else does it or if there is a better way.

Either make a model in a 3rd program then transfer to pep or freehand it free handing would probably be the Easier way because you won't have to learn a 3d program

Yeah as long as you have some reference photos it's probably easier to just freehand it.. be prepared for a LOT of trial and error though, freehanding takes some serious skill and patience, patience being one thing I sorely lack lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back