IMC Pilot Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

HellJumper149

Started work on this helmet a few days ago, just waiting on some epoxy resin to come in the mail. when its done, ill be installing some LED lights, electronic shooting headphones, a microphone, and speakers. The microphone and speakers are so that i can still talk (and be heard) wile wearing the helmet, and the electronic shooting headphones are so that i can still hear wile wearing the helmet, and in fact i can hear better than i would be able to normally. i hope it comes out well!
20141103_191211.jpg
20141105_202839.jpg
20141108_104051.jpg
current product

Credit to PatrikChieferLorinc029 for giving me the idea to detail with cardboard.
Feel free to check out his titanfall pilot here:

http://www.405th.com/f43/titanfall-i-m-c-titan-pilot-foam-pepakura-41216/?highlight=titanfall

Very nice, your work is crisp!
Any chance you'll be uploading informative progress material on the wiring for this beauty? Or will it mostly be installing pre-fab hardware? Cuz those sound like features every helm should have, haha

Thanks, i can try to show the progress on wiring when i get there, currently I've just caught the lazy, hopefully ill get back to working on it this week!

I think pep work is better then foam. Nice clean work. Keep it up

No actually, I had absolutely no support whatsoever. Epoxy resin doesn't shrink when it hardens so it won't warp. Plus, it doesn't give off fumes so I was able to do it indoors

That should probably be clarified lest the inexperienced get unfortunate ideas; unadulterated epoxy resin is zero shrink and zero-VOC. People tend to use the cheaper pre-thinned stuff, which is full of VOCs (xylene? toluene? Something like that) and shrinks significantly. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, this is from memory, but colourless part A and B with 2:1 mix ratio and 600cps viscosity is the neat stuff; everything else is diluted.

That should probably be clarified lest the inexperienced get unfortunate ideas; unadulterated epoxy resin is zero shrink and zero-VOC. People tend to use the cheaper pre-thinned stuff, which is full of VOCs (xylene? toluene? Something like that) and shrinks significantly. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, this is from memory, but colourless part A and B with 2:1 mix ratio and 600cps viscosity is the neat stuff; everything else is diluted.

Good clarification there thanks RobTC

haven't updated in a wile, sorry. i haven't worked on it in a wile, but soon there will be more! its turning into more of a militia helmet, cause i started making the whole suit for militia, since i had more green stuff lying around, and it was easier.

Dude this is frickin awesome! Also I though you would go with the I.M.C. variant and not the Militia one. :D

Pat-

Yeah, i know, i prefer the IMC one, but to make the whole suit for IMC is way too much work, and i just don't have the time. plus, i had most of that lying around already. made it pretty easy. i might change it over to IMC in the future though, but i need it to be done for anime Boston

Yeah, i know, i prefer the IMC one, but to make the whole suit for IMC is way too much work, and i just don't have the time. plus, i had most of that lying around already. made it pretty easy. i might change it over to IMC in the future though, but i need it to be done for anime Boston

Good luck! I hope you will post some pics! :D

Pat-

just got in the material i'm going to use for the visor. i'm going to put a one way mirror film on top of bent lexan/ acrylic to create the visor. i just taped in the film to see what it would look like.

helmet with visor.jpg

Just put some bondo on it today, and started sanding it.

helmet with bondo.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back