My Carter Commando armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have rebuilt the thighs and one of the grenades. All that is left to rebuild is the COD IMG_1172.JPGIMG_1178.JPGIMG_1179.JPG

Are you using hot glue throughout?
If so, have you considered using white glue or super glue for for those higher detail sections? simply because a lot of the precision and sharpness seems lost adding so much mass with hot glue and it seems like you've gone through a lot of trouble remaking parts to eliminate such flaws..?

I used to use super glue. But the weight of paper Id to strong for super glue. The weight of my paper is about 200lbs. So I need some flexibility. Example: I used super glue on my forearms and the paper would majorly kink because there is to much pressure in the fold. im not loosing to much detail in my peps from the hot glue gun.

I have built armor lock module IMG_1188.JPG I want to have as many parts on the armor as possible. The more detail the armor has the better It wil be. In about a week I will start to resin the parts and continue form there

This website. The armor lock and sprint device is the same design. File archive, halo reach, props.

]I've completed building the spinal columns for the torso and my back, I also modified the opening for my torso piece.IMG_1201.JPGIMG_1202.JPGIMG_1200.JPG

Done. I have finished all of the body pieces and everything is ready to start to resin. I have placed dowels and support it areas that require it. I am buying a propane open flame heater because the weather is cold in Chicago. I still have the assault rifle to build, but the Cod piece was the last body part .IMG_1216.JPG

I put a single coat of resin on the exterior of the 2 helmets. Both of these helmets are available in the file archive of this webpage I modified the pepakura file for the helmet with the visor so the assembly is a cleaner build. I unfolded the other helmet and is uoaded for everyone to download.image.jpg

[video]https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=973174742710944[/video]A single coat of resin is on the exterior of the helmet,If anybody needs advice about resin, ill be more then happy to help.

fantastic! you're really pickin' up speed now, even with the level of detail and accessories, think you can maintain this pace? It'll be done in no time, lol

looking very good. i have started a carter build as well buuttt it is no where near as advanced as your build is all ready. i slowly chip away at it. i really like halo reach builds. it has been a while since i pressed the sub button but i am definitely subbed. keep up the great work.

VIDEO, An update on what I have done the past week, [video]https://www.facebook.com/groups/405th.halo/permalink/10152660998183152/[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back