My Carter Commando armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am using Blackula727's technique by painting the black areas of the Helmets to separate the areas so I don't lose the lines during the bondo and sanding process

IMG_1296.JPGIMG_1297.JPG

I have installed the gold iridium visor, I used 3 bolts to hold it in place. Im going to adjust the visor a little more so the bottom leans a little more forward. But this is my first visor installation and I think I did a pretty good job.

IMG_1310.JPGIMG_1312.PNG

I've takn 3 different Carter Commander Helmet designs and I combined them into one helmet. it was very difficult to do. It only took 3 days to build.

IMG_1351.JPGIMG_1350.JPGIMG_1349.JPG

I also have a coat of resin on it.

IMG_1353.JPGIMG_1354.JPG

I decided to install the visor in the other helmet instead because I'm redoing the other helmet.

IMG_1360.JPGIMG_1361.JPG

I still have a lot of items to resin, there is about 17 pieces in the bag

IMG_1371.JPGIMG_1373.JPG

I resined the interior and exterior of the fusion helmet, "3 helmet designs in 1"

IMG_1370.JPGIMG_1356.JPG

Started to bondo 1 of my helmets and I hope the first coat of bondo will sand out well

IMG_1383.JPGIMG_1384.JPGIMG_1385.JPGIMG_1386.JPG

I am curious where you found the high def shin and are they left and right ? or the universal ?

The shins are the same on both sides with this design. I spent along time searching for the files I have. I'll upload them to the website in a few hours because a lot of people been asking for them.

The bondo work is coming along pretty well. I am not using a power sander, I'm simply using 80 grit sandpaper and a file set. I have a little build out to do on the right side "facing the helmet"

IMG_1414.JPG IMG_1415.JPG IMG_1417.JPG IMG_1417.JPG IMG_1419.JPG

IMG_1420.JPG IMG_1421.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

The money shot. The bondo process is very time consuming .

IMG_1428.JPG

Looking very nice. (Y)

The type of super glue may make a difference. I use Loctite Professional Liquid and that stuff'll hold anything. If you screw up your alignment, you'd better get to twisting hard REALLY fast. I pretty much never have to use epoxy unless there's a big gap to bridge. I used to use the Gel Control and that would be ideal for Pep, though I never used it for that.

I plan on turning this into a mold. So this helmet will be having a lot of detail.

I am really starting to get used to the Bondo process. The more I do it the easier it is becoming.

IMG_1436.JPG IMG_1437.JPG IMG_1440.JPG IMG_1441.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back