My Carter Commando armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I strongly believe this is the right shade of blue for my armor. The painted helmet is unfinished and I don't plan on keeping it.

IMG_1767.JPG

The progress of the helmet is speeding up a little bit. A few complications here and there, But the outcome is badass

IMG_1779.JPG IMG_1778.JPG IMG_1777.JPG

you sure own alot of buckets there bud :p
just went through this topic, progress looks very good

Raigal.

I do a lot of this at work while wearing a black suit. I wish those buckets were mine. its a perfect height to work on it

The next thing to do is fill in the gaps between the visor and the helmet with Smooth-On Epoxy Putty

IMG_1763.JPG

Looking awesome! A lot of time and patience required for this project! Something i rarely have! XD

-Ian

T placed Smooth-On Epoxy Putty around the trim and now the visor is 100% flush with the Helmet

IMG_1794.JPG IMG_1795.JPG IMG_1796.JPG IMG_1797.JPG

This helmet was not sanded, bondo or smoothed out in any way. Just wanted to see what one of my helmets would look like with paint on it

IMG_1816.JPG

I have installed the visor and I gave this helmet away for free to a 405th member on the facebook version of the 405th.com I wanted to share the items that I don't plan on using for my armor. I have given away items for free before and I will continue to do so. This helmet was not sanded or smoothed out in any way. My compassion for this hobby is unconditional, and it feels good to share.

IMG_1858.JPG IMG_1859.JPG

The plastic on the visor has been removed and the helmet is looking seriously awesome. I still need to clean the gold iridium visor.

IMG_1829.JPG IMG_1831.JPG IMG_1834.JPG

I got everything sanded and cleaned up with paint thinner. Time to move on to the mouth area.

IMG_1865.JPG IMG_1864.JPG

Have you considered using any thin foam or rubber padding to cushion your visor against the bondo? It might help preserve it against potential scratches.

Have you considered using any thin foam or rubber padding to cushion your visor against the bondo? It might help preserve it against potential scratches.

This I a very thin strip of foam with a sticky surface. Im going to put a little dust on the one of the sides to its not to sticky for the helmet

IMG_1866.JPG

This I a very thin strip of foam with a sticky surface. Im going to put a little dust on the one of the sides to its not to sticky for the helmet

Why not simply superglue some thin craft foam down? That would do the trick.

Either way, good to see you thinking ahead. Nice work.

I will be attempting to get rid of my other threads. That being said I will be posting my jetpack updates in here now.

image.jpg image (2).jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Why not simply superglue some thin craft foam down? That would do the trick.

Either way, good to see you thinking ahead. Nice work.

That is what I should have done. But I bought this for the double visor I will be making, and I thought I could use it for the trim aswell

Apparently I haven't looked at this thread since November?! Looks like this is a similarly ambitious build to mine, with a similar detail level and build time! Love the results, though I'm slightly confused... What happened to the moulding and casting part?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back