My Carter Commando armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the mouth area just complete. Just a few mods here and there and done. If you see this 727 tell me what you think.

IMG_2226.JPG IMG_2229.JPG IMG_2230.JPG

It's been a while since I had an update. But the jet pack is almost complete. This one will not be mechanical, But one will in the future. All that is left for this one is to mount the rocket boosters and install straps. I plan on using a back pack and cut off the storage and feed the strap through slits I will be cutting out and I will wear it like a backpack. I also have lights or the rockets and there ready to be put in. The lights are already assembled and wired.

IMG_2295.JPG IMG_2296.JPG

My Halo Reach Jetpack. All that is left to install are the flaps. The lights are all installed. At the moment I am letting the epoxy putty and glue dry. I decided to have the rockets at an angle. just thought it would look better. To be able to wear it as a back pack I installed an actually back pack I Just cut out the storage and cut the back in half.

IMG_2298.JPG IMG_2309.JPG IMG_2301.JPG IMG_2315.JPG IMG_2316.JPG IMG_2312.JPG

veeeery dope.
It looks just right, cannot wait to see it meshed with the suit! Does it add a lot of weight? cuz it'll be sitting a few inches off your back with the torso on right, does that seem like it might be a problem or are you already planning to pad the hell out of your torso to keep it in place? haha

I plan on using the back pack straps to keep it on the torso aswell. Since the straps are adjustable I would be able to have it snug and it won't shift around. To make that possible all I have to do is make the proper holes in the torso to fit the straps. The holes will be camouflaged if I don't feel like using the Jetpack. The Jetpack is about 3 pounds so its not really heavy. I'm also adding foam on the Jetpack so the surface won't scratch the torso. I already have a design in my head so the foam will look like it's apart of the Jetpack and not to just protectc surfaces. It's a thin hard foam. It's just right

The shins and thighs only need a light sanding then their ready for paint. they have 2 layers of bondo and then coated with durarock drywall mud.

IMG_2357.JPG IMG_2358.JPG IMG_2359.JPG IMG_2360.JPG

The helmet just needs a little more filing and smoothing then its ready for paint.

IMG_2361.JPG IMG_2362.JPG IMG_2363.JPG

Everything is turning out pretty good. Not bad for my first suit of armor. The suit will have weathering, but the shins are going to be messed up. I'm going to make them look so beat. There is still painting to do to these pieces.

IMG_2369.JPG IMG_2370.JPG IMG_2371.JPG IMG_2375.JPG

Made some great progress with the shins and thighs. Still have a couple of things to do to them. but they are almost complete. I have to install the padding on 1 shin and both thighs. I have to install the lights on the thighs and I have a few triangle stickers to put on the thighs as well.

IMG_2378.JPG IMG_2379.JPG IMG_2388.JPG IMG_2389.JPG

I have been getting ready for C2E2 and I have a certain amount of items I want to wear. I have Boots made but they wont be ready in time for the event on 4/24/15 so I ordered boots. The helmet is in the final sanding stage and will be completed soon and the COD just needs the final sanding then paint and padding/lights.

IMG_2417.JPG IMG_2418.JPG IMG_2419.JPG IMG_2420.JPG

The module still need lights and I will be using earth magnets to mount it on the helmet. The helmet is looking really good. It is very smooth.

IMG_2428.JPG IMG_2438.JPG IMG_2441.JPG IMG_2437.JPG

This armor looks amazing! Especially for your first build. I was just wondering how you did the weathering, because I want to do something similar on the armor I'm working on.

So far so good. Make sure the paint layout is continuous from one part to the next. I've found that painting all the pieces at the same period of time can help with consistency. It may be hard to wait sometimes, but painting pieces at the same time can allow for more efficient work and a better uniformity in the end. I can't tell from the pics, but remember to clear coat after painting is completed.

Weathering looks good, but keep in mind that too much weathering can appear tacky. It's sometimes too easy to fall into the "more weathering the better" trap. Few approach the issue from a "weathering scheme" perspective. Instead of weathering a piece at a time, gather the completed pieces and create a story: what has the armor been through? How did it happen? Realistically speaking, what would this look like? Where are the areas experiencing the most wear and how would they look? Plasma damage looks great, but damage consistent and in a realistic pattern. No need for crossing patterns of plasma damage when the armor is still intact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back