Mgalekgolo Twins Build (Halo 4 Hunter Pair)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been following you guys on FB, I really wish you'd let me know exactly where you are... I'm west coast too, you've said you're in the NW... I'm willing to help :D glad to see you on the forums too

I've been following you guys on FB, I really wish you'd let me know exactly where you are... I'm west coast too, you've said you're in the NW... I'm willing to help :D glad to see you on the forums too

We thank you for your interest and support. We are indeed in the North West, but we would like to keep our identities anonymous until we make our first debut in these suits. We hope you understand. :)

Ha this will be a cool build. Keep at it guys! Loving the peanut butter scale.

Thank you. The peanut butter is a great source of size reference and not just a good source of protein for our worms.

For a quick (photo-less) update:
The colony is currently in the process of creating the templates for the torso and back carapace. We might be able to make the templates for the arm pieces and Assault Cannon later this week.
We hope to unify the colony and work on the suit more next weekend and get as much done as possible.
We will also be discussing how armor is going to sit on a human's body and what support structures we will need to build in order for these pieces to stay together.

We thank you for your interest in the colony and please provide any feedback you may have.

10813947_10205457122651490_737017936_o.jpg
Here is a graphical representation of our current progress, we will update it as the build progresses.

For starters this build is looking awesome! I'm wondering if you'd be willing to share the Pep files you've got on these guys, I've been wanting to start a Hunter for a while but couldn't find much in the way of Pep files/templates.
My other question was how tall are you two? I only ask this because I'm guessing the use of stilts/height-adjusting-technology means you're shorter than a hunter (there's a joke in there), but shorter than I am (I'm 6'5"); hoping to get away with not having to use stilts.

For starters this build is looking awesome! I'm wondering if you'd be willing to share the Pep files you've got on these guys, I've been wanting to start a Hunter for a while but couldn't find much in the way of Pep files/templates.
My other question was how tall are you two? I only ask this because I'm guessing the use of stilts/height-adjusting-technology means you're shorter than a hunter (there's a joke in there), but shorter than I am (I'm 6'5"); hoping to get away with not having to use stilts.

A lot of the stuff we are making are developed from scratch so it would be difficult to share with the public. We are not very skilled in the 3D model area so we've been working with what we have (which are reference pictures).

As for our height, we wanted to achieve a universal height so we would not have to change the scale of the armor. So in the stilts we are standing 8 feet tall, but the suit as whole will be about 9-10' tall.
One human is about 5'7" while the other is closer to your height so you can see why we would want to be on a "level" base.

i really wanta see this stilt system ive been following this project since i saw it and it looks great so far keep up the great work Pheelos twins

i really wanta see this stilt system ive been following this project since i saw it and it looks great so far keep up the great work Pheelos twins

I'll repost this picture for your reference.

sketch.jpg

The sketch is a rough orientation of how we plan on using the stilts.

The stilts we are using are drywall stilts that you can find on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/Pentagon-Tool...-1&keywords=drywall+stilts&pebp=1416884380574

We don't want to chance homemade stilts that could fall apart on us. That would be a messy and very underwhelming fall. (Imagine a giant Hunter falling over and it barely makes any noise *bmft*)

Attachments

• sketch.jpg
    sketch.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 240
Coming along nicely. I've been following you on facebook, and it's nice to see some progress amongst the sea of reposted memes and vines.

I just thought of a unique question; are you planning on adding any sort of uniqueness to the suits? I know that's an odd question, mgalekgolo are deployed more like heavy armour than personnel, so they tend not to have much in the way of defining marks, but maybe you've decided to be more creative than that.

I'm going to attempt one of these in the future. So far, your colony is looking very sharp ;)
Subscribed.

Coming along nicely. I've been following you on facebook, and it's nice to see some progress amongst the sea of reposted memes and vines.

I just thought of a unique question; are you planning on adding any sort of uniqueness to the suits? I know that's an odd question, mgalekgolo are deployed more like heavy armour than personnel, so they tend not to have much in the way of defining marks, but maybe you've decided to be more creative than that.

Since there are not very many Hunters out there in the costuming world, the colony thought it okay to stay on the basic side. There may be some added battle damage here and there that normal Mgalekgolo armor may not have, but we figured we'd make a good baseline.

I'm going to attempt one of these in the future. So far, your colony is looking very sharp ;)
Subscribed.

This is very exciting. We hope to hear more of your progress in the future.

ARMOR UPDATE!l
(This update is new unless you have been following the colony on Facebook.)

Yesterday, we were able to work on the suits for a full day.

We were able to put together two shoulder pieces.

Shoulder.jpg

And the majority of a carapace without the spines.

Carapace1.jpg

In case any persons were wondering about how we planned on holding everything together, here is a little preview. The head, torso and arms are going to be anchored with a PVC skeletal structure to a pack frame that the humans inside will wear. This allows all (if any) weight to be distributed to their hips and not their shoulders.

Here is a picture of a pack frame against the carapace for reference.

Carapacepackframe.jpg

The thighs will most likely have a PVC attachment to the pack frame as well. The boots/ shins will be anchored to the stilts.

Here is an overall progress picture of all the armor we have made so far. All this armor is for just one Mgalekgolo, and the construction is not even finished.

overallprogress1.jpg

We have finished designing the templates for the Assault Cannon and the arm that attaches to the Shield, the torso, and the shoulder plate that covers the left shoulder.

The colony has other tricks hidden up their sleeves, but those details will be explained later when those aspects are in progress.

We thank everyone for their support and interest in the colony. Please leave any feedback you may have.

Attachments

• overallprogress1.jpg
    overallprogress1.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 249
  • Carapacepackframe.jpg
    Carapacepackframe.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 243
  • Carapace1.jpg
    Carapace1.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 225
  • Shoulder.jpg
    Shoulder.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 227
This is looking good so far, keep the updates coming!

I have to say, it looks like it will be hard work suiting up in that armour while on stilts haha.

I just wanna cower behind TRAXUS crates just seeing this build as it is now. I'm loving this.

The colony thanks you for your enthusiasm.

This is looking good so far, keep the updates coming!

I have to say, it looks like it will be hard work suiting up in that armour while on stilts haha.

We admit, the suiting up will be tricky, but we will have lots of "handlers" with us to make sure no one falls.

I have been waiting to see an awesome hunter build, looking forward to seeing the end! Keep it rocking!:)

This is awesome, really picked up the pace in the last couple of posts! Subbed for sure, can't wait to see updates!

Holy fooping shoop!! Now that's a build. The way it is all supported via the backpack-thingy reminds me a lot of how the Jim Hensen company makes their creature puppets. Fantastic job, subscribed for sure. The colony must be proud.
P.S. Peanut butter scale, love it

I just... I can't....

The epic is too strong here....

Keep doing what you guys are doing! I want to see more!!!! <3

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back