Mgalekgolo Twins Build (Halo 4 Hunter Pair)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the fuel rods were a greenish Yellow

In some versions, there is a small amount of yellow in the Assault Cannon. In others, it is more green. We might try to find yellow LEDs for these as well but we are content with how they are right now as well.

Wow, just wow. This build is awesome! Stoked to see more progress

We thank you for your kind words.

This is really awesome! How are you planning on supporting the weight of the cannon and shield?

The cannon and shield will be supported on a PVC pipe skeleton that we are in the process of finalizing. We were thinking about making the arms articulated, but the colony is more comfortable with making them solid for now and move to articulated at another time when the humans are more comfortable in walking around in the suits.

We don't want to overwhelm them with too much movement and risk a tumble.

People on here amaze me routinely. This is beautiful work and I look forward to seeing how it finishes up. Keep up the good work!

Good Morning members of the 405th,

The colony apologizes for not posting any updates for the past few weeks. Two weekends ago was Wizard World Comic Con which the humans wanted to attend and one of the humans was sick last weekend.

This weekend, the humans are back to full health and began work on the suit once again.

The main goal this armor sessions was to get as much of the legs done as possible so the human can practice walking in the stilts. The legs are not 100% complete yet, but it should be done after the next armor making gathering.

We were able to mount the shin to the stilts and added some under armor plating to keep the shin in place.

147A51FD-661A-4E43-A673-FE395E57226D.jpg

Here is a picture of one boot compared to the human who will be wearing the stilts. The human is 5'6".

1B2B3EA5-36F5-421E-9E3D-7FFCC45F2AD4.jpg

The worms are in the beginning stages of painting.
319CA4CE-CB29-4C50-84C0-A639C54E4C8F.jpg

The carapace has been detailed and two of the six spikes have been fabricated from 1/4" foam.

11CEAA10-0B5A-4697-B612-D63BF29AF852.jpg

65CFEDC8-0CC9-4396-BCC2-2EA879599C82.jpg

The helmet is almost finished being painted. The green texture has been applied and black-wash is painted in the indents and cracks of the helmet.
All that is left for this piece is to apply the silver dry brushing on the edges.

7FECD221-2263-4DC7-8A81-111E17A428E0.jpg

22D1EA9B-D72E-4DD5-A3AE-1FEFC0DF8402.jpg

45C68B09-EDA7-4782-9F0C-515F3BE629E1.jpg

116CA83B-B87D-4C41-A903-96C6D45D356D.jpg

5DFBB4BF-D0C3-4CA5-ABB1-F9226DCE6C6C.jpg

Here is a picture of both boots with shins attached to the stilts and primer/ seal paint on the foam plating that holds the armor to the stilts.

08F32B33-8C1C-4A6B-AF4D-FA2FCCF8877B_1.jpg

Silver paint has been added to the shoulder pieces.

51D5ADC2-A472-4BB9-AD42-33C70C6F4F0C.jpg

First layer of blue paint has been added to the right thigh piece. The left thigh piece still needs detailing before it can be painted.

4F1A6374-67AD-4849-BE53-E0DC59F37379.jpg

The colony was also able to acquire a pair of speakers and a voice changer so the colony can project its voice to the public. (No pictures yet)

The colony has 46 days to finish the first suit for Emerald City Comic Con. The colony has also had the honor to be entered in the Master's Division of the Costume Contest for ECCC. The colony is very excited for this event. The staff from ECCC has been very kind to us and has made sure we have a way to get on stage (via lift) and has arranged where we can get pre-judged for the contest.

The colony thanks everyone for their continued support through the 405th forums and our Facebook Page and we hope to have another large update next weekend. Please give us any and all feedback you may have. The colony is always happy to reply.

Thank you for your interest in the colony.

147A51FD-661A-4E43-A673-FE395E57226D.jpg

1B2B3EA5-36F5-421E-9E3D-7FFCC45F2AD4.jpg

319CA4CE-CB29-4C50-84C0-A639C54E4C8F.jpg

11CEAA10-0B5A-4697-B612-D63BF29AF852.jpg

65CFEDC8-0CC9-4396-BCC2-2EA879599C82.jpg

7FECD221-2263-4DC7-8A81-111E17A428E0.jpg

22D1EA9B-D72E-4DD5-A3AE-1FEFC0DF8402.jpg

45C68B09-EDA7-4782-9F0C-515F3BE629E1.jpg

116CA83B-B87D-4C41-A903-96C6D45D356D.jpg

5DFBB4BF-D0C3-4CA5-ABB1-F9226DCE6C6C.jpg

08F32B33-8C1C-4A6B-AF4D-FA2FCCF8877B_1.jpg

51D5ADC2-A472-4BB9-AD42-33C70C6F4F0C.jpg

4F1A6374-67AD-4849-BE53-E0DC59F37379.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, those legs are looking really good! I wish I had the skills your humans have with the ways of foam.

Will the voice changer be in the colonies native tongue or translated to the human language? It would be awesome to hear a hunter rumbling in their language. EDIT: nevermind, I just needed to look through the thread to find the answer, haha.

It's amazing to see how far the colony has come along with this build. I'm looking forward to more updates.

looks boss

The colony thanks you for your compliments.

Wow, those legs are looking really good! I wish I had the skills your humans have with the ways of foam.

Will the voice changer be in the colonies native tongue or translated to the human language? It would be awesome to hear a hunter rumbling in their language. EDIT: nevermind, I just needed to look through the thread to find the answer, haha.

It's amazing to see how far the colony has come along with this build. I'm looking forward to more updates.

The colony is happy you are appeased by our progress.

The speakers will be able to project both Mgalekgolo and Human tongue. The voice changer is so the human will sound more like a part of the colony but the speakers will be able to project Mgalekgolo sounds through a device known as an iPhone that has the language archived within.

you know after watching nightfall the worms should be brown. plus in broken circle a prophet said hunters aren't genital not at all.

you know after watching nightfall the worms should be brown. plus in broken circle a prophet said hunters aren't genital not at all.

In all Halo game titles, the Lekgolo have been known to be orange. This is also true in many films like Halo Legends and Halo: Forward Unto Dawn and this fact is also portrayed in many Halo novels..

It is easy to mistake the Lekgolo in Halo: Nightfall to be brown as the atmosphere in the environment is very dark and saturated with ash which may cause the worms to look different in color. You must also keep in mind that these Lekgolo are also a different kind of worms compared to the Lekgolo used inside the suits. The worms in Nightfall are more primitive and may have a slight variance in color compared to the worms in our colony.

So because of these facts, we will not be changing the color of our worms.

We are also aware of the gender of Lekgolo are not determined as they are worms. But it does not draw from the fact that the human who will be wearing this suit is female so we will call this Hunter female.

Plus, Prophets are popularly known to be liars.

the high prophets yes the lower ranked ones not so much.

San 'Shyuum in general are very deceptive regardless of their rank as it is their nature, this is apparent in many novels. There is a possibility that the colony would think otherwise if you provided a viable source with your information. We as former members of the Covenant have learned a lot about the San 'Shyuum from our own personal experiences.

Your beliefs aside, we will not be making any changes to our Hunters or how we refer to them.

San 'Shyuum in general are very deceptive regardless of their rank as it is their nature, this is apparent in many novels. There is a possibility that the colony would think otherwise if you provided a viable source with your information. We as former members of the Covenant have learned a lot about the San 'Shyuum from our own personal experiences.

Your beliefs aside, we will not be making any changes to our Hunters or how we refer to them.

The hive agrees. The San 'Shyuum are not to be trusted. I for one, am grateful that my hive sided with the Sangheili.

Well, it seems my only means of communication are either typed or a low, guttural moan, for my jaw has dropped too far to reach. This update has blown my mind more that the previous one. My puny human mind cannot comprehend the level of beauty and detail you have put into this build. This build is truly one to behold. Also, how is the walking in the legs (I don't think you mentioned it)? Looks like it will prove to be difficult. I wish you all the best in your endeavours and eagerly await your next update. Here's to you :cheers

Well, it seems my only means of communication are either typed or a low, guttural moan, for my jaw has dropped too far to reach. This update has blown my mind more that the previous one. My puny human mind cannot comprehend the level of beauty and detail you have put into this build. This build is truly one to behold. Also, how is the walking in the legs (I don't think you mentioned it)? Looks like it will prove to be difficult. I wish you all the best in your endeavours and eagerly await your next update. Here's to you :cheers

The colony thanks you for your exuberant praise.

The walking in the stilts is a little tricky. The human hasn't been able to practice a lot as we are trying to get them finished so attempts on the stilts have been short.
Although, the attempts that have been made have been successful so far. Standing still is easy, it's the walking that will need some work. At this point, it is a small shuffle of the legs but the walking will come easier in time.

The colony hopes to finish the stilts portion of the suit in the next armor session so walking can be practiced.

The colony thanks you again for your continued and well detailed support.

I just want to say that this is beyond epic! I can't wait to see them done! I really hope you release some video later on so we can see them in action with the sound effects and you movement! Keep up the awesome work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back