New Thread for big project

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErMaC

THIS IS NEXT. This 1 will take a while to build, but it will be worth it. Im printing this out on 11/21/14. I'm going to customize the file first . IMG_1140.JPG

Wow... I look forward to seeing this completed... It's gonna be awesome, while ODST's have been seen packing jetpacks, it's not really my thing. We fall not fly...
Anyway it's gonna be so cool watching you build this, I think this thread'll get lot's of attention.

It's going to be fun. It's only 280 pieces. I built 9 ruze789 commando helmets that were 219 pieces each helmet, so this is nothing to build :)

I believe you are the 2nd person to attempt this. I know of ONE person that made this. Not sure if it was 100% finished, but I am sure he pepped it out. Interested in actually seeing one fully completed. ;)

Before I print a file I do a major over haul on the file, I modify every piece in a way in know the pieces will be a good build.
Example IMG_1147.JPG
I took that complicated piece and broke it down into easier pieces that I know will be easy to cut and fold together. It will take some time but I make the time up building it, I will successfully build this, It just looks complicated. I also plan the build to where I am able to put pressure on the fold without deforming the design.

I completed 21 pages of 83. Its not what I expected at all. The jetpack design is sectional. I have to build closed sections and glue flat surface to flat surface like the assault rifles and pistols. For designs like make it hard to have everything aligned and even. I just hope it assembles well.IMG_1219.JPG

Re: Halo Reach Jetpack

Jet pack is coming along nicely. It not that hard to do. The pepakura just looks complicated.image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    995 KB · Views: 266
Had you considered hardening/re-enforcing the pieces separately as is? might be easier to solve the allignment problem by then assembling it with hardware down the line, and might have a more authentic look as a bonus.

yes it will.

- - - Updated - - -

at a certain point I will be placing dowels at certain spots for support

Everything is going well, I have to be delicate with it till I get the support pieces on, so I don't tear anything. But it's looking really goodimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

I made a deal with my friend. I'm going to cut out his pieces for his entire Ironman Heartbreaker suit, in return he's going to install mechanics to my jetpack. The flaps will move and the rockets will extend out of the pack. I already have plans for the lights and I'm going to see if there is a really small fog machine out there somewhere. It's going to be awesome.

I believe you are the 2nd person to attempt this. I know of ONE person that made this. Not sure if it was 100% finished, but I am sure he pepped it out. Interested in actually seeing one fully completed. ;)

yeah some else did the halo 4 jet pack the very detail under suit/ every thing guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back