New Thread for big project

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's getting there. image.jpgimage.jpg sorry about the upside down pictures. My phone sometimes does that.

4 Clips with strapes will be going in the chest pieces detail like this. image.jpg

Looks really good! I'm excited to see this one finished and if you get the fog machine and mechanized parts installed eventually it would be really cool to see a video of it in action :)

The rocket arms are not glued to the jetpack. So the arms do not appear even. They are held on by a piece of tape. I still have a lot of work to do till this project is complete image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

One of my planes for macking the rocket arms extend is a linear actuater. I'm still brainstorming and will blueprint the design. But I will keep you guys posted.image.jpg

ErMaC_,
That is a great job on a massive Pep. Looks like it survived the first resin layer without major issues. How far do the arms need to extend? If it's just a few inches, then an RC airplane landing gear retract servo can do that. Same money for a version with metal gears inside as that actuator, but runs on 5 volts. I used one to extend the front shroud on my Spartan Laser and its proven fairly tough. You would need some electronics to send it commands.

Redshirt

I never thought of Rc airplane parts. I'll look into that. Thank you so much for the info. My mind is open on my Options. The rockets go out about 6-8 inches

I never thought of Rc airplane parts . . . . The rockets go out about 6-8 inches

Sorry, I missed the last part. The RC servos are only good for about 2-3 inches with any authority. If you change the levering to reach any more than that, it will be flimsy. There are other servos and long-throw solenoids out there that with do the job with crispness.

Redshirt

I find out we have a lot more in common on are builds I am in the mits of building a jet back to have with my build also. I have been playing with some model pieces and thinking of what I can put my 3d printer to use on. Was thinking of printing out the boosters and the shrouds for them.

I would the boosters were not fun at all to build. I'll
Send you the shins when I get home I've been working double shifts for the past 2 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back