foam noble six build(will be pic hevy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

briger

thUF7ZQYPV.jpgHey guys and girls this is briger, I am doing a noble six build and I am planning on using EVA foam, my build is based on noble sixes concept art, as you can see in the photo that their is going to be a lot of scratch building like the boots and pockets, but my plan is to just do normal reach armor than make all the attachments so that they come on and off with magnets so that I can do other stuff with it. I will have more pictures soon but so far I have started on the torso and have all the templates traced onto the foam and will probably start cutting soon. so that's the first update if you have any advice it is welcome thanks briger out.

I look forward to seeing the first progress shots, its always nice to see someone working from concept art, a fresh take.
Have you sourced magnets you think will work already? I'm interested in a similar application if I could only find some with a decent middle ground between cost and holding strength.

For the pockets I would check amazon for some tactical gear stuff. I personally think it would be easier to do it that way. It would also be more secure if you're planning on holding things in those pouches. As for working with foam, make sure you double check all angles before cutting! It's a pain to have to redo a piece because you cut it at the wrong angle, or you cut the correct angle, but on the wrong side of the piece. Also, take your time! Even if it seems to mov at a snails pace, the more time you take to look at your reference and feel out the angles in the piece the more accurate and less warped your piece will be. Best of luck to you!

edit: here is what I was talking about. They are about the size of an iphone 4/4s and can be mounted on the front of your armor. I personally think that these tactical pouches are cheap and a great way to get that chest pouch look that is pictured in the reference picture. You'll also save precious foam for the rest of your build. Here's the link http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Hol...d=1416310615&sr=1-3&keywords=tactical+pouches

OK thanks for the advice that helps a lot and will help me keep as much foam as possible, and the pockets look great i am just wondering if they will be big enough to match the picture.

OK thanks for the advice that helps a lot and will help me keep as much foam as possible, and the pockets look great i am just wondering if they will be big enough to match the picture.

You don't have to go with that exact pouch I linked. You can find bigger ones for a little bit more money. I have found that you don't have to get sizing super accurate in terms of these types of addons. Most people won't be super nit picky about your armor. Their first reaction is gonna be "WOW! THAT IS AWESOME!!!" and they will completely overlook the fact that your pouches are a bit big or small. Also, the average person isn't going to know who the heck you are...you have no idea how many people pointed and yelled "MASTER CHIEF!" for my Noble 6 AND Carter build..I also got a few "Hey it's Iron Man" and even a "He must be a power ranger" <--worst one yet XD.

Don't spend too much time worrying about getting things exactly perfect, because even if something on your suit is a little bit off, the rest of the suit will draw attention away from that. The only person that's going to know that your pouches are too small would be you, unless they're ridiculously small or ridiculously large.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back