Halo big prop question

Status
Not open for further replies.

strofmos

Question for all members:

Which Halo prop would you like to see created for the release of Halo 5?

I'm part of a full scale prop builders community and we're thinking about building a Halo prop.
Star Wars fans, who have been to the last few Celebrations, know us well for our sets ;) ==> http://www.bcd-vzw.be/lifesize-props/

Keep it realistic though ;)
It has to be transportable, easy stored (we store our props in small warehouse) and doable with a limited timeframe and budget (say for sake of argument 600 $)

One of our own ideas was this bike:

oni_22.1.jpg

second idea, proposed here by members:
1677731897_1edfc60356.jpg

So props right, no costumes? Cuz I always thought a scale brute would be cool.
More in line with the idea you already proposed though, why not a mongoose? Much more recognizable and I don't think I've seen an accurate replica.

Edit: or a gohst. A ghost would be dope.

I say ghost, and for the hover thing try looking at the land speeder from Star Wars they put flaps on the sides and drove it around the desert

The ghost does sound really sweet.. if you're sticking to a $600 budget that might be a little tricky unless its a model, not on wheels or functional. If it wasn't intended as a machine to "parade or drive around".. I think you could achieve a hovering effect much more easily. Hiding wheels is one thing, but making a unit that's more stationary.. easier to get a hover effect. Put some terrain under it that hides the supports.. I've scraped the bottom of my ghost in game plenty of times maneuvering areas that don't have a flat surface.

The base of it sets lower than your speeder bike, so just make it look like its going over a slight ridge in the back and scraping a rock a little in the front.

DMGreg, well we don't know the budget yet.
We're gathering ideas now, and will present them to the funders of the project.
They decide the budget.

It will be a static display piece for sure.
Most likely it will be for conventions, showcases, releases in stores, etc...
Normally the public will be able to sit on it and have their picture taken (as we do with all our props ;) )

For a static piece, why not use magnetic levitation?

That can get pretty pricey very quickly unless they kept the weight waaaay down. I also can't help thinking that some authenticity/ detail would be lost with a weight restriction. Plus, for safety and practicality there would need to be a couple tethers anywho, so it might as well be fixed

I vote the bike its easier plus you could if done right you could drive it around, because I went down the ghost route once didn't work out all that well.

Seems to me the obvious way to build a Ghost would be as a hovercraft with a transparent skirt material. Flat-bottomed, plenty of surface area and interior volume for equipment. Easily doable for under $600 and you could remotely lock the drive functionality for tethered static display. While the engine/motor wouldn't exactly sound like an antigravity drive (understatement, perhaps), it would both look and drive more or less like the real thing- fine for photos and video with some sound editing. In fact, I don't know why this idea has never occurred to me before! I just put it on my to-do list.

but first you should out source it us halo films so we don't have to green screen the whole thing. kinda like wetas hog.

I appreciate the faith in my physics/engineering abilities, hahah, but before anyone gets any too-grand ideas, by "transparent material" I did just mean some sort of thin plastic sheeting; not as glossy as vinyl, but tough, like polythene but less cloudy. For filmmaking purposes, a polariser on the lens would knock out most of the reflections from the sheeting, so it would be "more" transparent, in theory.

*jots down intentions to become first person with fully-functioning Ghost and then fight the Weta Warthog*

I just got an idea, and it wouldn't actually be that hard. get one of those multi roter helis that are in the sphere cages, and then turn the cage into 343 Guilty Spark, and throw a remote triggered voice module in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back